AFC Bournemouth v Everton

I thought Rico had a decent game, caught out a bit positionally for their goal but then I have seen all our full backs get caught like that over the years. His pass to Wilson for the third was superb.
That pretty much sums up what I saw on TV. He does have me holding my breath from time to time. Either way, Friday will be very interesting, and hopefully another chance to take stock of him.

Sadly I couldn't give Stacey more than a 5 or 6, he really struggled to find his way in the game. He grew into it slightly but he was generally nervous on the ball and a bit all over the place positionally. And that sliding tackle he made where he was nowhere near the man...

I've no doubt he'll learn from all of this, it's been a massive step up for him and I feel for him a little today but on another day his errors could have been punished.

Chalk it up as a learning experience and expect his game to improve.

Midfield looked great today. Both Cook and Billing breaking up play and intercepting passes. Cook's probing runs and range of passing almost allowed us to breathe whereas we've been almost constantly having an asthma attack this season. Never a moment where I worried about them being caught in posession (Gosling), taking an awful first touch and losing it (Gosling), losing the ball as soon as another player gets close and challenges (Gosling) or not being quick enough to chase back due to already being in a bad position (Surman).

Some of the runs Cook made under challenge from Everton players were superb and his turning on a dime... We've REALLY missed him!

That said, on the other side of the coin, Everton appear on todays showing to have an exceptionally expensive and not very good team.

Mature overall performance for our youngest ever team in this league!

King up for it today.Ramsdale,rock(y) solid.

Rico grew into it and pass to Wilson for the goal was sublime.
Lewis Cook was brilliant after such a long lay off- impressive.
Stacy this time last year playing the likes of Wycombe,Doncaster etc so I pretty good debut in my eyes.

Callum getting going as well !!

Great stuff - please,please,please let's stuff them up the road Friday.

Sadly I couldn't give Stacey more than a 5 or 6, he really struggled to find his way in the game. He grew into it slightly but he was generally nervous on the ball and a bit all over the place positionally. And that sliding tackle he made where he was nowhere near the man...

I've no doubt he'll learn from all of this, it's been a massive step up for him and I feel for him a little today but on another day his errors could have been punished.

Chalk it up as a learning experience and expect his game to improve.

Midfield looked great today. Both Cook and Billing breaking up play and intercepting passes. Cook's probing runs and range of passing almost allowed us to breathe whereas we've been almost constantly having an asthma attack this season. Never a moment where I worried about them being caught in posession (Gosling), taking an awful first touch and losing it (Gosling), losing the ball as soon as another player gets close and challenges (Gosling) or not being quick enough to chase back due to already being in a bad position (Surman).

Some of the runs Cook made under challenge from Everton players were superb and his turning on a dime... We've REALLY missed him!

That said, on the other side of the coin, Everton appear on todays showing to have an exceptionally expensive and not very good team.

I'd agree about Cook, he made a huge difference. Cook, Lerma and Billing are the kind of midfielders you can get if you're a PL team, Gosling and Surman are the sort of players you can get if you're in the Championship or League 1, but I think they've both contributed to keeping this team in the PL for the first three seasons, so kudos for that, and they're still useful squad players for a team like ours.

Before this match we were concerned about our injury crisis but now Lewis Cook is back (MOM for me) and the way we played today I just feel that we've turned a corner.
Ramsdale really growing into his role. Really pleased with Stacey's PL debut and Rico - best game for us I think.
We have a midfield now(!) - Billing, Lerma and L. Cook.
With newcomers Kelly and Danjuma and Brooks to come back I feel we have a smashing squad now.

I thought Rico was much improved today.

Chuffed for the lad and without doubt the late substitution was meant to be a confidence booster simply to get the applause. Its a shame he was stood next to the touch line when he was called off;)

Lewis Cook was outstanding. How do you suffer a serious Injury and come back an even better player? Players may get crocked here on a regular basis but the after care is second to none. Its nice we have the experience and expertise behind the scenes in that respect.

What a brilliant day, walking to the game and back in the warm sunshine, yet I was reading on here last night we had lost our mojo in some sort of ' horrendous run '.... complete bollox.

;