AFC Bournemouth v Fulham - 5 Games To Go

After their match with us, Fulham have Forest, Luton & Sheffield Utd, which are almost 'must win' games for their opponents. If we beat them they could feasibly end the season on 86 points.

That would mean that we need 7 points from Swansea, Blackburn, Forest, Millwall to win the title.

Feels a bit like a free hit this one.

Hopefully having just won promotion some focus will be lost from them, but equally the pressure is now also gone…

How much will some of that squad want to virtually win the title at the expense of their former manager…if they’re anything like some recent frequenters of this forum…

Hopefully a bit more of an open game to recent home games.

Fulham will come to play football which will help the quality of the game, not many sides come here and play. So whatever happens it should be entertaining.

My expectation is that we'll see Huddersfield and Forest gain on us, perhaps 3 points on us this weekend, which will add a bit more jeopardy to the run-in. Any better outcome from the weekend than that is a bonus.

If we can somehow maintain the gap through this weekend, that would see us heading towards end-game, but I see that as unlikely.

If we're at our best I feel we can beat Fulham. They are rather unpredictable of late and I hope they think it's all done and dusted for them.

With manager Scott Parker up against the side with which he cut his managerial teeth, he’s bidding to extend an unbeaten home record since the ‘Cherries’ suffered a shock FA Cup loss to Boreham Wood in February (W4, D3). He praised his squad for being clinical and ruthless against Coventry City (W 3-0) last time out, and will demand more of the same against his former employers.

With two wins from their last five league away fixtures (D1, L2) the ‘Cottagers’ aren’t exactly tearing up the record books on the road as the season ends .

I hope that we decide to mark Mitrovic at crosses rather than just marking the spaces in the box. So many of his goals seem to come from him being unmarked on the edge of the 6 yard box. I appreciate that his movement must be good in order for him to achieve this, but on may occasions there are defenders each side of him watching the ball whilst he simply taps it in.
Coventry had success home and away by having a strong centre half man mark him - so tight on one occasion that they (McFadzean) beat him to a cross and scored an own goal :).
Nat Phillips MOM.

I hope that we decide to mark Mitrovic at crosses rather than just marking the spaces in the box. So many of his goals seem to come from him being unmarked on the edge of the 6 yard box. I appreciate that his movement must be good in order for him to achieve this, but on may occasions there are defenders each side of him watching the ball whilst he simply taps it in.
Coventry had success home and away by having a strong centre half man mark him - so tight on one occasion that they (McFadzean) beat him to a cross and scored an own goal :).
Nat Phillips MOM.
Ted Mac used to do exactly the same, move away from your marker then rush in when the ball was crossed.

I figure we are good for at least a point .... our defending of late has been solid. Five goals relinquished in last eight matches, including five clean sheets. So, might get all three. Either way should be a good one.

I also expect that one of the chasers will unexpectedly stumble to a draw.

So yes, by Saturday evening things could be a bit tighter but still in control.

Tuesday the 26th is the big one, us v. Swansea and Forest at Fulham.

So, ask me on Tuesday evening ........ ;)

I figure we are good for at least a point .... our defending of late has been solid. Five goals relinquished in last eight matches, including five clean sheets. So, might get all three. Either way should be a good one.

I also expect that one of the chasers will unexpectedly stumble to a draw.

So yes, by Saturday evening things could be a bit tighter but still in control.

Tuesday the 26th is the big one, us v. Swansea and Forest at Fulham.

So, ask me on Tuesday evening ........ ;)
The way I see it, we desperately need a minimum of 6 points from the next 3 games. Anything less than that, assuming Forest win their next 3 (and I think they will), and the Trees will arrive at DC in a position that a win for them puts them in front with just 1 game remaining. I can't believe the bookies have got us so nailed-on.

The way I see it, we desperately need a minimum of 6 points from the next 3 games. Anything less than that, assuming Forest win their next 3 (and I think they will), and the Trees will arrive at DC in a position that a win for them puts them in front with just 1 game remaining. I can't believe the bookies have got us so nailed-on.
I dont think its that desperate, and I don't think Forest are this super team some are making them out to be.

;