AFC Bournemouth v Leicester City - Fifth Round FA Cup

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, and I know hindsight is a wonderful thing, but was Solanke injured or something? Otherwise I can't see the point of not putting him on the bench at least. He was badly needed for the last 75 minutes of that game after Unal went off (presumably injured). The 4-2-4-0! formation looked mostly impotent and we badly needed a proper forward to play up to. I get that AI might have been saving him for the league and wanted to give him a rest, but in that case then surely he got his priorities wrong. In the league we're not really in danger of getting relegated and there's little chance of getting into Europe, so why not play him in the FA Cup - a competition we would have had a chance of going far in?

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, and I know hindsight is a wonderful thing, but was Solanke injured or something? Otherwise I can't see the point of not putting him on the bench at least. He was badly needed for the last 75 minutes of that game after Unal went off (presumably injured). The 4-2-4-0! formation looked mostly impotent and we badly needed a proper forward to play up to. I get that AI might have been saving him for the league and wanted to give him a rest, but in that case then surely he got his priorities wrong. In the league we're not really in danger of getting relegated and there's little chance of getting into Europe, so why not play him in the FA Cup - a competition we would have had a chance of going far in?
Knee niggle so was rested

I know everyone appreciates different styles of football and some prefer just winning and I respect that. This level of possession at home is not my desired football watching and still glad it’s gone whether they’ve gone further than us or not.

View attachment 13446
Interesting you pick on one game to try and prove a point.

Their average league possession is higher than ours.
They have scored more goals
They have won more games
Oh and Brighton are second in the league on possession so not a good match-up to use.

I know everyone appreciates different styles of football and some prefer just winning and I respect that. This level of possession at home is not my desired football watching and still glad it’s gone whether they’ve gone further than us or not.

View attachment 13446

You'd rather be out of the cup with 27 shots that have a quarter final tie against Coventry between us and Wembley? Results trump style of football and always will.

You'd rather be out of the cup with 27 shots that have a quarter final tie against Coventry between us and Wembley? Results trump style of football and always will.
Over the course of the season I don’t want to watch a team not try and keep the ball at home and sit behind it. No. It’s just not the spirit of the beautiful game to me. Difference between me and you though is I accept people like different things to me and respect it.

Interesting you pick on one game to try and prove a point.

Their average league possession is higher than ours.
They have scored more goals
They have won more games
Oh and Brighton are second in the league on possession so not a good match-up to use.
They’ve got a much better squad. Those things are not a surprise. Having 28% possession at home in any game is not my bag. I appreciate people like different things though and if it’s your bag fair play.

Over the course of the season I don’t want to watch a team not try and keep the ball at home and sit behind it. No. It’s just not the spirit of the beautiful game to me. Difference between me and you though is I accept people like different things to me and respect it.

Yes but that is a complete misrepresentation of what O'Neil's football is like - it's nowhere near as crap as you would have everyone believe. In this game he did what he had to do and beat a much better side than the one that knocked us out. I much prefer watching Iraola's style but if that means relegation battle as opposed to challenging for Europe then there won't be many with your point of view, if any.

They’ve got a much better squad. Those things are not a surprise. Having 28% possession at home in any game is not my bag. I appreciate people like different things though and if it’s your bag fair play.

He had Tavernier and Billing last year and had them both absolutely flying. He's doing well because he's good not because his squad is miles ahead.

if its a one off to keep your team in the cup its pragmatic management to me. Much rather still be in the competition than loose happy in the knowledge 50% possession was achieved.

if its a one off to keep your team in the cup its pragmatic management to me. Much rather still be in the competition than loose happy in the knowledge 50% possession was achieved.

Of course you would. Yesterday's game was actually very entertaining but I can guarantee that Wolves fans are going to bed a hell of a lot happier tonight than any of us did last night.

It’s not a one off though is it. Why did he lose his job here. Why did so many of our fans not want him? Don’t be swayed by a couple of oddballs on this forum. Get in the pub and talk to real fans…

;