AFC Bournemouth v Leicester City - Fifth Round FA Cup

It’s not a one off though is it. Why did he lose his job here. Why did so many of our fans not want him? Don’t be swayed by a couple of oddballs on this forum. Get in the pub and talk to real fans…
Was it down to the stinkeroo finish? Had we ended the season 2-1-1, is he still a Cherry?

It’s not a one off though is it. Why did he lose his job here. Why did so many of our fans not want him? Don’t be swayed by a couple of oddballs on this forum. Get in the pub and talk to real fans…

Because fans are fickle idiots by and large. Which is the same reason all of those Wolves fans who threatened to tear up their season tickets because the club had appointed a PE teacher sang his name for 20 minutes straight this evening.

... and do you know what made them change their minds? Drumroll.... Results.

Because fans are fickle idiots by and large. Which is the same reason all of those Wolves fans who threatened to tear up their season tickets because the club had appointed a PE teacher sang his name for 20 minutes straight this evening.

... and do you know what made them change their minds? Drumroll.... Results.
Like I keep telling you. I understand why some people prioritise results over quality of football. I just don’t. I used to so I totally get it.

If only football was all about style though. It's funny how you're sticking to your guns on this and highlighting how much possession they had compared to ours when they got through to the next round and we didn't.
So why do you enjoy Iraolas football more than GON’s. The win percentage seems no different so it must be…. Drum roll…. The entertainment.

So why do you enjoy Iraolas football more than GON’s. The win percentage seems no different so it must be…. Drum roll…. The entertainment.

Er, what? I enjoy it more because it is a more pleasing style on the eye.

Ultimately though being more pleasing on the eye is by a long distance less important than results. It's why Wolves fans are singing his name now and will do until results go south and it's why our supporters will sing for Iraola to be sacked despite 27 shots on goal every game if he doesn't win any games.

Anyway, I didn't initially respond to you and you didn't repetitively argue with all of the many other people who disagreed with you earlier in the thread so if you'll excuse me I'm off to scratch my head as to why you always blame me for our long-winded arguments whilst trying to play the innocent victim.

Er, what? I enjoy it more because it is a more pleasing style on the eye.

Ultimately though being more pleasing on the eye is by a long distance less important than results. It's why Wolves fans are singing his name now and will do until results go south and it's why our supporters will sing for Iraola to be sacked despite 27 shots on goal every game if he doesn't win any games.

Anyway, I didn't initially respond to you and you didn't repetitively argue with all of the many other people who disagreed with you earlier in the thread so if you'll excuse me I'm off to scratch my head as to why you always blame me for our long-winded arguments whilst trying to play the innocent victim.
Don’t flatter yourself Del. Go back and read the thread I’ve argued with loads of people ;) You’re still my favourite though so sleep easy.

It IS just a preference for Entertainment over Results...obviously it nice to have both if it happens.
I've switched around variously over the decades..at this time I've veered towards Results...at any cost....but fully get why Neil and others want the other way with Entertainment being prioritised.
Seeing Wimbledon as a small club rising incredibly through the leagues and to win the FA Cup with long-ball and rough stuff had a certain appeal at the time.
If Iraola gets us in the top half with this relatively, fluid and pretty football then I think I'll be swayed to becoming converted away from just seeking results irrespective of style.

Don’t flatter yourself Del. Go back and read the thread I’ve argued with loads of people ;) You’re still my favourite though so sleep easy.

No I'm not flattering myself Neil I'm just pointing it out so that next time to try and disassociate yourself from any responsibility for our borefests I can remind you that is in fact b*llocks.

I enjoy the football. He is polishing a turd though with the players he’s been signed. He didn’t have any central midfielders so he had to convert a jobbing winger. He has been given half of Europes wingers with the shooting power of an Aldi water pistol and has had to knacker out one centre forward while waiting for us to sign another injury prone one who….. is now injured.

I get a few diehards on here would defend our recruitment team if they signed Stevie Wonder but the majority of fans get it thankfully. Like others have pointed out… rank amateur. Feel sorry for Andoni I really do.

Lol

A poor March and the same "real" fans will be doubting the manager and his exciting football I can bet.
I'm not swayed by others on here, I'm just not comfortable sacking a manager who did really well to keep us up in very difficult circumstances. And now he's gone on to take the lowest scoring team from last season into the top half of the table and the cup quarter finals.

No I'm not flattering myself Neil I'm just pointing it out so that next time to try and disassociate yourself from any responsibility for our borefests I can remind you that is in fact b*llocks.
Ok if you are not in a jokey mood:… I said I rarely reply to you whereas you often reply to me like a moth to the flame. Happy to put a count on it if you want to establish blame.

A poor March and the same "real" fans will be doubting the manager and his exciting football I can bet.
I'm not swayed by others on here, I'm just not comfortable sacking a manager who did really well to keep us up in very difficult circumstances. And now he's gone on to take the lowest scoring team from last season into the top half of the table and the cup quarter finals.

Personally, I think it was the right decision to move O’Neil on for Iraola.

AFCB plus Iraola has more potential than AFCB plus O’Neil.

As it is, it’s worked out for all parties. We’re doing well and he’s doing well.

Whatever O’Neil does or doesn’t achieve at Wolves has absolutely no baring on what he would have done here if he had stayed.

Ok if you are not in a jokey mood:… I said I rarely reply to you whereas you often reply to me like a moth to the flame. Happy to put a count on it if you want to establish blame.

No I don't think passing blame for two-way arguments onto either party is warranted, which is my point. It takes two to tango.

'Managers'...Mmm yeah 'managers'....often take the wrong f√cking player off, at wrong times too.. it beggars belief sometimes....if you can get your head round this simple observation.

I think, instead of posters anihilating each other with banal, monotonous diatribe....why not just smash down 'straight talk' about what is happening or not happening at the club on and off the field.
. WE are collectively known as Fans and should be to the greater degree 'together' on issues that will propel the club to better things.
It's not a bloody competition ' between' fans..the bloody competition is with essentially 'non Tinpot' clubs with better resource...
WE need to be louder on the terraces in support of the playing team.. and louder collectively in our condemnation of Tinpot operational habits from the hierarchy at the club...so that this filters through and seeks to jog/ jerk those responsible into better decision making....in particular with regard to Transfers and utilisation of any talent procured. Can you get what I'm saying ?

Petty, pathetic and effette argument between posters hellbent on being controlling top dog on a Forum is sad to see...and not productive...and is very Tinpot.

Demonstration of discontent from fans 'As a Unit' even indirectly to the club as a Forum might merely be, is surely a better way.
I'm sure the hierarchy do get to see quite a bit of Forum activity.

There a nice little Thursday Rant for you all ...pithy, peppered , prickly... and hoping to propel some into needed introspection !

Last edited:
Personally, I think it was the right decision to move O’Neil on for Iraola.

AFCB plus Iraola has more potential than AFCB plus O’Neil.

As it is, it’s worked out for all parties. We’re doing well and he’s doing well.

Whatever O’Neil does or doesn’t achieve at Wolves has absolutely no baring on what he would have done here if he had stayed.
Agreed on your last point although I would argue how he's doing at Wolves goes a long way to dispel the PE teacher clueless manager opinion some push on here.

But I would argue against your point it's worked out as the season hasn't finished yet and if our current form continues through March AIs position might become under threat. The owner has made significant investment over the summer so a 16th or 17th place finish may well be below whats expected.

Agreed on your last point although I would argue how he's doing at Wolves goes a long way to dispel the PE teacher clueless manager opinion some push on here.

But I would argue against your point it's worked out as the season hasn't finished yet and if our current form continues through March AIs position might become under threat. The owner has made significant investment over the summer so a 16th or 17th place finish may well be below whats expected.

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with a 17th place finish, linear progression season over season isn’t realistic or how football works.

We’ve seen progression over the course of the season in performances. Foley stated he wanted a front foot team, you don’t get that instantly it takes time and yet Iraola has developed it pretty quickly despite potentially lacking the depth he’d like for rotation.

For what it’s worth, which isn’t much, I think 3 wins will guarantee at least 16th.

;