AFC Bournemouth v Liverpool

A lot could hinge on how much weight they put on the Napoli game, both in terms of squad rotation (probably won't affect them) or player mentality (let's hope they ease off a fraction). No such thing as a good time to play Liverpool, but this could be better than most. We'll see...

Salah taking time to fully recover from his injury, didn’t look fully fit in the World Cup, maybe that took its toll earlier in the season.

The player we saw last season will show his old form sometime, just hope it’s not on Saturday.

In the build up to the game here is an interview with Ryan Fraser.

Asked if this was his best-ever start to a season, the 24-year-old said: "It's got to be, start-wise and confidence-wise. It's early doors though, I'm just trying to take as much confidence as I can from it. The team is doing well, which is the important thing.

"You know how things can change so quick, but on a personal note I am happy with myself."

His telepathic understanding with top scorer Callum Wilson prompted both strikes in their 2-1 win over Huddersfield, with one creating a goal for the other, and Fraser gave an insight into their secret.

"[We know] where to be when we've got the ball. If I've got the ball in a certain type of area, I'm not going to check back, he knows what I'm going to do.

"We live on the same street, so we're close enough! Before games he's always onto me: 'Get me a goal, get me a goal!'"

Bournemouth always guarantee entertainment, and the Liverpool clash on Saturday should be no different, given recent results against Jurgen Klopp's side.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...ust-imagine-im-playing-football-with-my-mates

Eddie's almost certain to play Surman and there's a serious danger we'll be overrun in midfield, especially as Keita has just come into form. One option?... use the wings as much as possible, perhaps playing King wider than in recent games. Also Van Dijk has been commanding recently, so quick movement from the flanks might be the best strategy - and might make the best of Surman's lateral passing.

I would say it's not so much Who is on the bench in this situation but How 'mad for it ' they are...and having an idea of how to apply whatever is asked of them...that seems a bit lacking at times...but we can all remember Wee Mans contribution one time!

I would say it's not so much Who is on the bench in this situation but How 'mad for it ' they are...and having an idea of how to apply whatever is asked of them...that seems a bit lacking at times...but we can all remember Wee Mans contribution one time!
When you watch that game back, the announcer says - just when he sees that Fraser will be coming on - "This is a particular issue for Bournemouth, unlike many other Premier League clubs, they don't have huge depth for their squad."
Sometimes you have more depth than you realize!
Let's hope it turns out to be the case tomorrow.

It matters not who plays and who plays where and what shape and formation we employ. The fact remains that Liverpool will be too strong for us to contain. With Surman in we will lack bite, steel and the ability to break up play in midfield. Lerma will do this job but he is on his own. This is why it was crucial that we took the three points against Huddersfield. Unfortunately, I cannot see us getting anything at Wolves either due to the shortage in midfield and playing away from home with key players missing. Then of course we all know who we have to play after the Wolves game. We are, in reality, relying on the bottom three all dropping points.

The bottom 6 (not 3) will continue to drop points that's why they are down there, of course Cardiff play Scummers saturday so someone will get something. Once we have the xmas period out of the way we will have played more than our "quota" against the big sides and will still have at least 23 points in the bag. See absolutely no reason why we cannot at least double that tally.

It matters not who plays and who plays where and what shape and formation we employ. The fact remains that Liverpool will be too strong for us to contain. . . . I cannot see us getting anything at Wolves either due to the shortage in midfield and playing away from home with key players missing. Then of course we all know who we have to play after the Wolves game. We are, in reality, relying on the bottom three all dropping points.
Sounds just like Eddie Howe's philosophy.

Oh wait . . .

It matters not who plays and who plays where and what shape and formation we employ. The fact remains that Liverpool will be too strong for us to contain. With Surman in we will lack bite, steel and the ability to break up play in midfield. Lerma will do this job but he is on his own. This is why it was crucial that we took the three points against Huddersfield. Unfortunately, I cannot see us getting anything at Wolves either due to the shortage in midfield and playing away from home with key players missing. Then of course we all know who we have to play after the Wolves game. We are, in reality, relying on the bottom three all dropping points.
No wonder people get cheesed off with you. We're not currently relying on the bottom three to do anything. And as I said before there are other teams in that gap before we get involved.

Your analysis is based on nothing more than a desire to be deliberately pessimistic as far as I can tell. Sure, we might lose those games, but every team below picking up every point just isn't possible. I'm left to assume you just hope the team will perform as you predict.

You seem to have glossed over your prediction for Huddersfield. Why is that?

No wonder people get cheesed off with you. We're not currently relying on the bottom three to do anything. And as I said before there are other teams in that gap before we get involved.

Your analysis is based on nothing more than a desire to be deliberately pessimistic as far as I can tell. Sure, we might lose those games, but every team below picking up every point just isn't possible. I'm left to assume you just hope the team will perform as you predict.

You seem to have glossed over your prediction for Huddersfield. Why is that?

I know we are not relying on other team to do anything at the moment. However, we must maintain a reasonable points gap between us and the bottom three. In the very likelihood of losing tomorrow we could do without these teams closing the gap as we still have to play teams in the top six after the Wolves game from which are very likely to get nothing from. This is the context in which my comment was intended. I have no desire to be pessimistic, I just deal in the reality of the situation i.e. Liverpool will be too strong for us in view of the fact that we have key players missing i.e Smith, Gosling and L.Cook and that they are on a roll at the moment. Just for the record - yes of course I hope we get something tomorrow. I would jump for joy if we won but my head tells me that this is highly unlikely.

My prediction for the Huddersfield game was a 1-1 or a 2-2 draw. In fairness, I was not all that far away from being right as Huddersfield performed how I thought they would and would have scored again if the game had gone on for five minutes longer. I bid you a good evening.

You are a real breath of fresh air on here with all of this positivity. Didn't you suggest bottom three by Christmas and the season caving in if we don't do this that and the other.

Let me hit you with something . If we don't get enough points we will get relegated. Ouch, how about that, oh look I'm stating the bleeding obvious.

;