AFC Bournemouth v Manchester City - Saturday 5.30 pm

Tough Game Against A Team We Have Never Beaten

After the defeat away at Fulham, the Cherries were twice in front up in Newcastle in their second away game in a row. But couldn’t hold out for all three points and do the double over Eddie Howe’s team this season. AFCB still are undefeated against Eddie and have won 1 and drawn 3 games. Our next game is back at Dean Court on Saturday at 5.30 pm against Manchester City, a team we have never beaten and it’s being shown live on Sky.

Pep Guardiola has got his team right back in contention to win the title again.
This season after 25 games, City are in 2nd place with 56 points.
Last season after 25 games, City were in second place with 55 points.
Season 2021-22 after 25 games, City were top with 63 points.

Since our game up in Manchester, City on their travels have beaten Luton Town 1-2, Everton 1-3, Newcastle United 2-3 and their last away game Brentford 1-3. They have drawn one game, that was Chelsea 4-4. One defeat, 1-0 against Aston Villa and since our game back in November, the Villa game is the only one City haven’t scored and only the second time this season, the other was away against Arsenal. City top the last four away game table, with four wins.

At home since our game in Manchester, City have beaten Sheffield United, Burnley and Everton. Drawn with Liverpool, Spurs and Crystal Palace. City home and away, had won their last six Premier League games and in all competitions they had a straight win of eleven games. That came to an end at the Etihad Stadium in a 1-1 draw with Chelsea. Their most recent game was against Brentford on Tuesday night which finished 1-0.

The last time Manchester City visited Dean Court, was February last year. They were 0-3 up by half-time with goals from Alvarez, Haaland and Foden. Mepham scored an own goal six minutes into the second half to make it 0-4. Lerma scored a consolation goal for the Cherries with seven minutes of normal time to play, with the game ending 1-4.

In all our home games against Manchester City, AFCB have W 0, D 1, L 8.
All competitions against City, AFCB have W 0, D 2, L 18.

AFCB Team News
This will be Philip Billing’s third and last game of his suspension. Romain Favre hopefully will be available again after illness kept him out of the squad at Newcastle.

AFCB Player To Watch
Think eyes will be on our defence in this game and hope Dominic Solanke, Antoine Semenyo, or one of our players can capitalise on any chances we get.

Manchester City Team News
Josko Gvardiol and Jack Grealish have been out injured. Kevin De Bruyne was an unused substitute against Brentford due to a hamstring niggle.

Manchester City Player To Watch
A number who could cause us problems. But in games against AFCB, Phil Foden has done well, scored in every game over the last two seasons. This season in his lasts seven PL games, has scored 3 goals which was a hat-trick at Brentford and has 3 assists. Joint second leading scorer with 8 goals and joint leading with 7 assists. Then you have Erling Haaland leading scorer with 17 goals and has 5 assists. Kevin De Bruyne, brilliant midfield player and a joy to watch. Been out injured for a good time, but since he has been back, in his last six league games, has scored 1 goal and had 4 assists.

The Referee
Jarred Gillett is the man in charge of our game. We had him once last season, it was away against Brentford.
If that gillett gives another pen against us then we should all walk out of the ground

If that gillett gives another pen against us then we should all walk out of the ground
Or a rendition of " Gillett, you're a cheat, Gillett , Gillett, you're a cheat" or " jarrod gillett is a blue, is a blue, is a blue, jarrod gillett is a blue, cheating b'stard"
Unfortunately with teams like Citeh the players are so over protected by referees that the players expect a foul to be given for the slightest touch and end up refereeing the game themselves. Throw in a useless official like Gillett and the game becomes a farce.
Don't forget we're all only going on Saturday because billy big bollox Citeh , the football equivalent of the Harlem Globetrotters, are in town . Teams like ours shouldn't be on the same pitch , don't ya know .

not looking forward to hearing Citeh fans singing their awful rendition of Fleetwood Mac '(I want to be with you) Everywhere' song. It's nearly as bad as "..sunny sunny Bournemouth" :)

I know All regrets going with a back 5 at their place but I'd love to see us experiment with a back 3 of Zab....Senesi and Kelly with Dango and Tavenier as wing backs.....

Assuming we don't want to disrupt the Christie, Cook partnership that leaves 3 up front. How does that look in your opinion?

I’d landed at Heathrow. Bizarrely with Andrew Surmans wife and kids on the same plane. It was about five to five and my missus said ‘blimey you drew with Man City’. Every other game had finished. My phone regained signal just in time for the goal flash…

Fine by me.....although we could also play 3412 with Kluivert as a 10 behind Dom and Unal.

In my mind Cook and Christie are quite deep so dropping an AM feels like Solanke would be very isolated.

Much prefer the 3412 as the forwards can pull wide and I've always fancied that sort of role for Dom.

In my mind Cook and Christie are quite deep so dropping an AM feels like Solanke would be very isolated.

Much prefer the 3412 as the forwards can pull wide and I've always fancied that sort of role for Dom.
We are going to have a lot of time without the ball so you need your fittest front four to press. Will be amazed if it’s not the same as the four v Newcastle and indeed the same team.

I’d landed at Heathrow. Bizarrely with Andrew Surmans wife and kids on the same plane. It was about five to five and my missus said ‘blimey you drew with Man City’. Every other game had finished. My phone regained signal just in time for the goal flash…
I thought that game was a 12.30pm kick off?

None of us were there at five to five as we'd all gone home a few hours earlier.
Someone must have slipped you a mickey finn at 40,000 feet ;)

;