AFC Bournemouth v Manchester City - Saturday 5.30 pm

Game was won first half when City were getting everything from the ref, who clearly came into the game with a preconceived idea of how it would go.

It didn’t go to the script and it took the ref the whole half to catch up.

Second half we actually got a few decisions, as a result we’re allowed to apply sustained pressure, and sure enough the chances resulted.

Our inability to finish and take those chances is on us. No complaints there. Pleased with our effort.

Just angry at the first half officiating which was clearly influenced by the names rather than the reality.
I agree with that, there was a tackle by Smith just near us in the MS and it looked like he got the ball in his sliding tackle, ref thought otherwise and gave a freekick.

For me, this was our best performance against them.

Yes, we’ve matched this margin of defeat before but never in this way.
This was not a defensive performance, we went toe to toe with them for 97 minutes, all guns blazing, and only the Foden goal, which was somewhat fortunate in the way it came to him, separated the teams.

We just went toe to toe with a top European side and only lost by a single, somewhat fortunate, goal.

Breathe that in for a moment.

Seeing City trying to run the clock down against us at the end was just about the biggest compliment they could have paid us.

If Iraola and his team carry on like this, we really should be in a European competition sooner rather than later.

I hope that everyone involved takes massive confidence from this and sees that from here on in we should expect points off of everybody.
Hopefully this result can kickstart a fantastic run of results to end the season.

So proud, not just of the result, but the manner of it !
Absolutely 100% spot on
For me, this was our best performance against them.

Yes, we’ve matched this margin of defeat before but never in this way.
This was not a defensive performance, we went toe to toe with them for 97 minutes, all guns blazing, and only the Foden goal, which was somewhat fortunate in the way it came to him, separated the teams.

We just went toe to toe with a top European side and only lost by a single, somewhat fortunate, goal.

Breathe that in for a moment.

Seeing City trying to run the clock down against us at the end was just about the biggest compliment they could have paid us.

If Iraola and his team carry on like this, we really should be in a European competition sooner rather than later.

I hope that everyone involved takes massive confidence from this and sees that from here on in we should expect points off of everybody.
Hopefully this result can kickstart a fantastic run of results to end the season.

So proud, not just of the result, but the manner of it !
100% this. Immensely proud of going toe to toe with the most successful club side in the world. An AI masterclass. Such bravery bringing off defenders for sh*t or bust attacking forwards. I absolutely loved that game and the way we played it.
Our team look so much fitter and mentally stronger than I recall us playing before.
Attack, attack, attack attack attack!
Loved it

Who were the commentator and co commentator?

Was Jamie Redknapp one of the pundits, he usually has a good word to say about his old club?

We had Proudfoot and Holland. Both were enraptured with City in the first half, but had lots of praise for AFCB in the second.

Who were the commentator and co commentator?

Was Jamie Redknapp one of the pundits, he usually has a good word to say about his old club?

Alan Smith was the co commentator and he was as useless as ever, he’s consistent though as he’s terrible for every game not just AFCB.

Scott Parker was in the studio who was excellent and was very complimentary before and after the game about us.

Such a strange feeling coming away so elated after a loss! V proud of the boys, excellent to a man. Semenyo the stand out for me. Kerkez, Zabaryni both excellent, oh and Smudge was something else, bombing up the wing in injury time and that tackle in the first half, wow! Couldn’t be any prouder. So near yet so far. Fantastic atmosphere second half. Up the Chez

Three really good interviews there .
I now really hope that we take confidence from this and finish the season strongly. Something like a twelfth placed finish would really send a signal that we are a club on an upward trajectory.
We could then start next season with being comfortably in the top ten as a realistic target.
Come on you Cherries.
Let’s lay the foundation for future seasons this season and build from there. Today is proof, if any were needed, that we have it in us !

We were brilliant, especially in the second half.

One of only two occasions we have ever given them a proper game, and not only that we went toe to toe with them and definitely had the better of the chances. If only we could have been more clinical in vital moments.

So many stand outs out there:

Christie was absolutely immense, the heart beat of this team. Tackles, interceptions, non stop work rate, the ability to manipulate the ball masterfully in tight situations. Even a decent effort on target. One of the individual performances of the season, he did not look out of place at all up against the best midfielder in the world.

Semenyo is incredibly inconsistent but when he is ‘on it’ he truly is an absolute nightmare to play against. Ake could live with him, at one point he was isolated against three players and just effortlessly glided past all of them. His potential is off the chart.

Kerkez was almost impeccable too, I feel like he suits the way we play more than Kelly does at left back, despite the fact he is prone to the odd error. Endless energy up and down the line and so many positive defensive contributions. You can see why he is so highly rated, he should play every week imo.

In all honesty mostly everyone was very good today, even all of the subs made a very positive impression on the game.

The only two negatives:

Neto again costing us a goal, he’s simply got to be doing better with that initial effort. A better keeper comfortably deals with that rather than parrying it straight back into the danger zone.

Tav was very poor again, I’m really not sure why he’s getting picked right now. Both Dango and Sini have looked a lot better in recent weeks, virtually everything Tav is doing at this moment he is fluffing. No surprise he failed to connect with that golden opportunity.
So from your level of enthusiasm, can I assume that you love having a team in the Premier League?

Really disappointing result in the end, because on the balance of play we should’ve won that game. Which is obviously a statement and a compliment in itself!

I can’t think of many teams that have borderline bullied City like that for a whole half. It’s so frustrating because I’ve seen performances half as good as that from other teams that have nicked actual wins against them. Really does feel like a cursed fixture.

Jared Gillet had never been a fair ref to us. Somethings off with that bloke. Even Kris Temple was saying something similar on Twitter. I can’t agree that he balanced it out in the second half, either, he still gave them pretty much everything. Shocking performance.

MoM is difficult, Kerkez really grew into the game. Semenyo was a threat throughout. Solanke and Zabarnyi dependably good. But yeah, it’s Christie again isn’t it lol. Tavernier just isn’t at it atm, needs dropping - and Dango looked sharp when he came on tbf. Senesi I felt was very poor for the goal too, and was a bit loose on the ball more than once. Not his best performance.

;