AFC Bournemouth v Manchester United

3 points taken and deserved. Steve Cook and Nathan Ake immense .... how does Cookie not get a look at England squad. We looked much quicker to the ball at times. And, I think we STILL have more in the tank. A good win when we really needed one.

Where I was sitting just to the NS side of Eddie and saw the United player go down in our penalty area and then all hell let loose.

The outcome was Lerma was really struggling to get out of Ramsdale’s grip and get at someone, he may have been looking at red instead of yellow if he had done.

I will have to watch it later on the highlights to see exactly what went on, but we see our players get unnecessary yellows for dissent (Arter), was this a card Lerma could have avoided and been available to take his place against Newcastle which he will now miss?
Probably avoidable, but inevitable that it would come. Now, at least, we don't have to worry about both Lerma and Billing out for the same game.

Must admit I was quite critical of Cook at the start of the season. Clearly he wasn’t fully fit and looked off the pace. He’s been immense recently

Poor old Ole...bit sorry for the bloke. .falling into the old proverbial ...." when you coom to places like this".
But it is true.....nasty unforgiving little place...that Dean Court ! Ooof...dont we know it!
o_O

Wouldn't be surprised if Lerma was "encouraged" to take a yellow sometime during today's game. Better to miss Newcastle than the other upcoming fixtures.

This would be a classic Eddie tactic but I think we’d have all preferred he waited until 85 mins. I’m not sure he actually deserved the booking but either way it was I’ll discipline not pre-meditated this time

So much energy and aggression today. We were constantly out numbered in areas but always made up for it with superior grit and pace.

I have to ask, where was that energy against Watford or Norwich? Great we can raise our game, but points are there to be won.

Anyway, fantastic afternoon, some real stand out performances. Rico should draw so much confidence, being the best player on the park v Man United. Cook, Ake and Ramsdale all solid too. Billing and Lerma full of aggression and running, farcical circumstances for Lerma's booking but it probably works out ok.

Superb game today......apart from the referee ( sorry to disappoint him, although he tried hard to help Manure)
Maguire or Cooke for England ? Hmmm......
Spot on tactics by Eddie, and a well deserved win.
I couldn’t make the game today so with the benefit of BT Sports I thought the ref was excellent. He didn’t fall for any of our play acting towards the end and called most of the 50/50 decisions correctly.

Unpopular opinion but I think Chris Kavanagh and Mike Dean (on VAR today) are the best refs in the PL. Sian Massey is probably the best assistant too

I couldn’t make the game today so with the benefit of BT Sports I thought the ref was excellent. He didn’t fall for any of our play acting towards the end and called most of the 50/50 decisions correctly.

Unpopular opinion but I think Chris Kavanagh and Mike Dean (on VAR today) are the best refs in the PL. Sian Massey is probably the best assistant too
And he didn’t go out of his way to gift United a way back into the game, which we’ve seen often enough when we’ve had the audacity to hold a one goal lead over a “big” club.. I think we probably should have had a few free kicks which he didn’t give but overall nothing of any significance and he oversaw a game which ended with a fair result in the end. No complaints from me either. We’ve had MUCH worse officiating than that, especially against the big name clubs.

Im thinking that if the Manu coach driver had got lost int stormy weather and took that lot to Victoria Park they would still have lost......Poppies popping a couple in either side of half time.

becoose... cooming to places laak this ya dawnt knaw what'll you'll get.....
Laak playin t'water polo at Tatnam against Tom Killicks gallacticos!

"Eeee. Aye oop OGS....Awp ya dawnt draw Blyth int th'FA Coop 4th round oop Moonkyhangerland on a
freezing Fraday naght....fook me, youll av ta taak em oop top a Norway for an acclimatisation tour over t' international braayk!"

;