AFC Bournemouth v Manchester United

I couldn’t make the game today so with the benefit of BT Sports I thought the ref was excellent. He didn’t fall for any of our play acting towards the end and called most of the 50/50 decisions correctly.

Unpopular opinion but I think Chris Kavanagh and Mike Dean (on VAR today) are the best refs in the PL. Sian Massey is probably the best assistant too

He really wasn’t.

Let’s look after the big club snuck into his performance more than once.

Man Utd fans .....slamming the awful 443 system..... :D
We had so much energy and aggression about our play, in contrast to their lethargy, that we could have played any old formation and still caused them problems.

A formation can help us have more bodies in certain areas when we need them. As can the player's desire to run, cover every blade of grass, tackle everything that moves etc. United probably felt like we had about 13 players on the pitch.

I dont know where that level of energy has been in the last few weeks, and I'm not sure it's sustainable every game. But I am absolutely delighted to see us raise our game against the big name (if slightly struggling) opposition.

Newcastle and Wolves will be a different sort of challenge where we wont necessarily be underdogs.

....James and Martial both guilty of diving and Kavanagh didn't book them, but was on Callum's case that smacks of inconsistency to me.

That said I am a bit worried about how easy some of our players go down, when if they stayed on their feet it would be more beneficial..Harry Wilson,Ryan Fraser,Callum Wilson,Josh King, and Adam Smith are all guilty of this, and I am sure that referees talk to each other and have us down as trying to 'con' them at times.

it always amazes me how many people at the back of the north stand, where I am, seem to have a better view of offsides than the linos! incredible vision :)

I don’t know if the same team of officials work as a team from one match to another, but found Sian Massey-Ellis has been at same games as Chris Kavanagh, including this one.

Sian Massey-Ellis made history again on Thursday evening, when she became the first English female to officiate in a men’s European fixture.

The assistant referee joined referee Chris Kavanagh, fellow assistant Dan Cook and fourth official Peter Bankes for the UEFA Europa League game between PSV Eindhoven and Linzer ASK.

Taking place at the Philips Stadium, home of Dutch outfit PSV, it was a group stage clash with Austrian club Linzer which was screened live on BT Sport in the UK.

“It was really exciting when I found out,” said Sian, regarding her latest appointment.

“And I was obviously chuffed for Chris Kavanagh as well. In fact, when the appointment first came out, we tried to ring each other at the exact same moment and we both got each other’s answerphone!

http://www.thefa.com/news/2019/oct/24/sian-massey-ellis-appointed-for-europa-league-game-241019

Last edited:
Stuart Pearce you’re talking about it was TalkSPORT, and the only reason he said that was because earlier he’d been very critical of our recruitment policy,

He's done that before hasn't he. I believe the only people who criticise our transfer policy these days are those who have no clue about our club. They will highlight Ibe.....and forget all the great signings.

;