AFC Bournemouth v Manchester United

Let's hope for a less predictable approach. Keep them guessing as to what we're going to do when we start from the back. If not, I can see Rashford and Martial pressing us too quickly which'll lead to mistakes.

In the 2nd half last week Rambo started throwing it out quicker (which suits Fraser). Maybe Eddie had had a word at half time. Whatever the reason – more of that please.

4004"]Let's hope for a less predictable approach. Keep them guessing as to what we're going to do when we start from the back. If not, I can see Rashford and Martial pressing us too quickly which'll lead to mistakes.

In the 2nd half last week Rambo started throwing it out quicker (which suits Fraser). Maybe Eddie had had a word at half time. Whatever the reason – more of that please.[/QUOTE]
absolutely, the slow pedestrian passing around the back with no options to pass through the lines is not only predictable and causes us more problems than we cause the opposition, but it also doesn’t even make sense with the way we set the team up. If we are going to play flat lines with two up top then we need to feed our wingers and hit the ball down the channels to our forwards early. What we did create against Watford came from these avenues.

If you asked me three weeks ago, I would have been very disappointed if we played Man U and meekly led down for them. Would have been a great time to play them. Sadly they seem to have rallied since then, tightened up at the back and Rashford showing some form.
I still will be disappointed if we lay back and let them play.....but will be a tougher game than it was looking. Just hope the crowd is up for this and so are the players, lets get among them.

If you asked me three weeks ago, I would have been very disappointed if we played Man U and meekly led down for them. Would have been a great time to play them. Sadly they seem to have rallied since then, tightened up at the back and Rashford showing some form.
I still will be disappointed if we lay back and let them play.....but will be a tougher game than it was looking. Just hope the crowd is up for this and so are the players, lets get among them.
Yes, but if they had been on a really bad run, we'd all be saying that this was the game when it would all come good for them...

The winds ... BBC still saying 70mph and 90 per cent likelihood of rain. A) we’re going to get sodden; B) anything could happen on the pitch ... will it favour our short-passing game?

the last TWO games he's reffed us, he's been very good
Now look here numb nuts, I didn't say he was a bad ref, I didn't say he has reffed us poorly. My point was he does like to flash his red one! That's the problem wiff you lot from the ruff side of Wim, you kan't spel or rite proper!! :lol:

Sadly this fixture is usually about virtually One thing....because of ......"who they are ".....and all that b#llocks!

Psychology!

Forget formations past a basic plan ..they can change during game ...both sides.

Leadership...who wants it....fear or not....how it starts....pace of the game....on the deck or in the air...the weather....so many variables!

Finishing skills...they have the edge...Rashford gets to shoot he usually scores.
...and any talk on here of mateyb"llocks Jacob Maguire being crap...forget that....he is among the best...
Anyway.. they are both doubtful apparently.

...but we are at home and we either take the tw#ts by controlling most of the factors..or we dont....overall its debatable if the majority of their players are any better than any of ours!
Forward into battle....like any other game!

2-1 or 3-1. :loser: :utc:

Last edited:
The winds ... BBC still saying 70mph and 90 per cent likelihood of rain. A) we’re going to get sodden; B) anything could happen on the pitch ... will it favour our short-passing game?
On this note, National Rail website says there are speed limits on the London to Weymouth line tomorrow morning. Suggest anybody heading down from London by train leaves extra early.

If the storms are as forecast...what price Manu 'pressuring' officials to get the game called off.....with their injuries and the fact theyve played twice since we played Watford. It would not surprise me!

;