AFC Bournemouth v MK Dons - League Cup First Round

Some observations on today.

First time back and very apprehensive. Went in much earlier than normal and surprised to see so few masks in the not socially distanced queue going in. There were a lot of people queueing for the ticket office including Franchise fans because AFCB ticket office only sent their tickets to arrive on Thursday so tinpot status intact.

We didn't daly on the concourse not much point as it is contactless and went to our seats. Half way up the steps we noticed it said down only. No stewards to monitor and most others did the same. Not many sat around us so no problems there. Left our seats, wearing masks, on the extra time board to make our way down the down steps to beat the "rush".

Regarding the game no Caroline just some din I didn't recognise our could join in.

Enjoyed the performances of Kilkenny, Rossi , Antony and Kelly. They faffed around at the back and it cost them dearly. We faffed around and got away with it. If only we could go back to the old days of nobody in the area for goal kicks.

Don't like the stripes on the shirt but I knew that before I went.

Friday will be an interesting challenge for the club with a bigger crowd.
Our faffing around at the back gives me the jitters every time - I think it'll cost us a few goals conceded against better teams than MKDs . Other than that, lots of positives from today.

Very true. A bigger stadium would be a vanity project and we‘ve seen plenty of those end badly. Max doesn’t strike me as that kind of guy. We should just hope for a stadium we own, in good condition and with all of the amenities players and fans require. Finances permitting, I‘m sure that’s the plan. But clearly now is not the time for bold decision making.

It really is hard to make the case for a brand new, much larger stadium at the moment. At least DC can generate a decent atmosphere, even with a relatively low number of fans in attendance.

I’ve never understood this theory that in order to build/extend a stadium you have to fill it every week. How many teams outside the top 6 actually that do that? Were Reading, Southampton, West Ham, Arsenal, Brighton etc etc (I could name probably another 30 if you want) wrong to build their new stadiums because they don’t fill them every week?

We still need a new or extended stadium if the stature of the club is to grow and future support is to be secured. We run the very real risk of missing out on the next generation of supporter unless we make games accessible to them. And I’m not talking about 2-3 games a year in the cup competitions. At other clubs of our stature/size you can sign your son/daughter up for their first season ticket once they’re old enough and usually get them a seat next to you, or at least move yourself a few rows to do so. And that’s how future support for clubs like us is secured. At AFCB we’ve not even advertised new season tickets for about 7 years. It’s a closed shop. And until that changes we’ll continue to miss out on that next generation of supporter that could be crucial in 15-20 years time.

Just seen the goals..... Jesus wept that must be some of the worst defending I've ever seen!........hard to know what to make of the performance tbh.......it sounded like we controlled the game though which we struggled to do last season against the poorer team's.

I disagree. There was a clinically obese guy just down from me, wearing a mask, eating a hot dog, with a bottle of coke followed by a family size Snickers. If ever there was someone that needed a lesson in risk it’s him! Protecting himself against the 26th cause of death last month while drastically increasing his chance of the number one cause of death. Modern Britain for you… go figure. At least he was there!

Anyway, back to the point. Unless you are telling me the West Brom game will have the same attendance (which we both know it won’t) and that all the people moaning about not being able to go last year are sheltering (which we both know they aren’t) then it’s a simple case of can’t be bothered.

The way to get a stadium built is not to whinge at a Russian oligarch for not doing it. It’s to turn up in numbers that would suggest to him he is mad not to.

Keep slagging off AFCB fans and trotting out anti-vax BS.

It won't be long before your name becomes synonymous with tosser again and you go off in a huff.

I must say that if there is one positive outcome from this pandemic it is that has conclusively proved which generation are the real snowflakes.

Carrow Road is full for every league match, just like it was in the Championship, just like it was in League One.

I believe they have an average of greater than 93% of capacity. The missing % can be accounted for by some away teams not taking up their full allocation and season ticket holders not attending the odd match (unlike clubs such as Man U, they count the actual attendance, not the theoretical maximum) .

I disagree. There was a clinically obese guy just down from me, wearing a mask, eating a hot dog, with a bottle of coke followed by a family size Snickers. If ever there was someone that needed a lesson in risk it’s him! Protecting himself against the 26th cause of death last month while drastically increasing his chance of the number one cause of death. Modern Britain for you… go figure. At least he was there!

Anyway, back to the point. Unless you are telling me the West Brom game will have the same attendance (which we both know it won’t) and that all the people moaning about not being able to go last year are sheltering (which we both know they aren’t) then it’s a simple case of can’t be bothered.

The way to get a stadium built is not to whinge at a Russian oligarch for not doing it. It’s to turn up in numbers that would suggest to him he is mad not to.

agree Neil. West Brom needs to be a sell out.

BTW this 26th cause of death line of argument is seriously misguided. The hidden long covid will be the biggest health risk. We don’t know the true cost yet. My wife got it in March 2020 and still off work

Keep slagging off AFCB fans and trotting out anti-vax BS.

It won't be long before your name becomes synonymous with tosser again and you go off in a huff.
I’m double vaxed. I think anyone that doesn’t get vaxed is mental. Massive assumption you made just because someone believes in calculating real risk. There’s 160,000 injuries in cars every year ranging from death to minor. Maybe we should all get the bus *checks bus stats…..

The true fan base of this club has always been around the 4000odd that turned up for all the crap and I’d never slag them off.

The newer ones need to step up to the plate or we will level back to our natural place in League 1.

Carrow Road is full for every league match, just like it was in the Championship, just like it was in League One.

I believe they have an average of greater than 93% of capacity. The missing % can be accounted for by some away teams not taking up their full allocation and season ticket holders not attending the odd match (unlike clubs such as Man U, they count the actual attendance, not the theoretical maximum) .
Interestingly, the last time they played at home in the first round of the league cup they had 11k. So about 40% of capacity.

I’ve never understood this theory that in order to build/extend a stadium you have to fill it every week. How many teams outside the top 6 actually that do that? Were Reading, Southampton, West Ham, Arsenal, Brighton etc etc (I could name probably another 30 if you want) wrong to build their new stadiums because they don’t fill them every week?

We still need a new or extended stadium if the stature of the club is to grow and future support is to be secured. We run the very real risk of missing out on the next generation of supporter unless we make games accessible to them. And I’m not talking about 2-3 games a year in the cup competitions. At other clubs of our stature/size you can sign your son/daughter up for their first season ticket once they’re old enough and usually get them a seat next to you, or at least move yourself a few rows to do so. And that’s how future support for clubs like us is secured. At AFCB we’ve not even advertised new season tickets for about 7 years. It’s a closed shop. And until that changes we’ll continue to miss out on that next generation of supporter that could be crucial in 15-20 years time.
I agree with you, but I do want you to name yhe other 30!

;