AFC Bournemouth v Newcastle United - Live On Sky 5.30 pm

Enjoy again!

I’d stick with ‘we made them look bad’ too. We hassled and harried them the whole game. I don’t understand why we haven’t done that before. Wonder if Phil Bill’s absence contributed? He doesn’t do the full on chasing and pressing as well as others.
It was Philip's pressing that set up the goal at Liverpool. He was also part of the press that won the ball for his goal vs Burnley. So I'm not sure I'd concur that Billing can't do the press. However. the press certainly needs to be coordinated, and maybe this is now coming.

Much as I'm a fan of Philip, unless injuries intervene I'd be tempted to stick with the same team at Shef Utd to keep the winning '11'. Looking at players we'd be able to bring off the bench (Philip, Sinisterra etc) if needed is pleasing.

It was a 'fortress performance' the like of which are essential for the climb up the table.
Early in the game when the Sky cameras panned onto Eddie Howe you could see him being aware of it.. .him and the Jason giving it Laurel and Hardy....'
....'every move a thousand f√ck ups' routine.

Actually it was not pleasant seeing our revered legend looking tired and worried.

The crowd for once animated...and our players sensed it...that was the biggest plus for me !

The home games v Liverpool, Manu and MC can now be seen as something other than heavy defeats...a couple of draws and/or possible win from those.

This result was BIG ...the atmosphere around DC right now must be special.
...but they must not let it slip off and must avoid defeat at Bramall Lane.

It's been mentioned before about the need for Leaders to emerge in this squad....I'm seeing a surprise here....Semenyo ?... a bright spark... and taking weight off of Solanke was a must !
.. and I think Rothwell could be a key to further solidarity... and that...if Billing is going 'mystic'....

..oh yes on this Sunday the talking points have gone ballistic !

RYAN Christie deserves alot of credit , he was outstanding.
So, my understanding is he was playing a deeper role with Lewis. Kluivert was number 10 and Tav on the left. Is that right? Originally when I saw the team line up, I wondered if Tav would support Lewis further back with Kluivert on the left, but from watching MOTD and reading stuff on here, Christie was in a sort of 6 role. Is that right?

It was Philip's pressing that set up the goal at Liverpool. He was also part of the press that won the ball for his goal vs Burnley. So I'm not sure I'd concur that Billing can't do the press. However. the press certainly needs to be coordinated, and maybe this is now coming.

Much as I'm a fan of Philip, unless injuries intervene I'd be tempted to stick with the same team at Shef Utd to keep the winning '11'. Looking at players we'd be able to bring off the bench (Philip, Sinisterra etc) if needed is pleasing.
Yes. Very different players, so hard to compare them. Great to have them both. We'll definitely need them both.

I like Billing but he isn't a player to participate in a consistent press the whole game. Yesterday everyone kept it up throughout.

Great result for the boys!

Neto 6.5 Looked more confident than of late a couple of good saves but a relatively quiet day for him.
Aarons 7 some good energy and attacking pace.
Zabyarni 6.5 Assured and solid today
Senesi 7 looked good and confident on the ball playing out from the back
Kelly 7.5 absolute class and his pace kept the Newcastle attacks in place
Kluivert 6 did okay but at times looks a tad lightweight
Cook 7.5 Gritty and energetic in the midfield unlucky to get booked
Tavernier 6.5 got plenty of the ball and was a threat missed a sitter towards the end.
Semenyo 7 Faded after a blistering start probably should have got a goal but he is looking a real talent
Christie 8 Dynamo and ran his socks off showing how important he can be to the team,glad he’s signed a new contract.
Solanke 8.5 we are so lucky to have him as he gives the opposition so much to think about great to see him get a double.

Smith 7 great to have his experience available for the bench did some good defensive stuff.
Sinisterra 7 got stuck in and his header on the post led to our second goal.
Ouatarra 6 looked energetic but his final ball is something to work on!
Rothwell….only on a minute or two.

referee usual pants again booking Cook for a soft foul but letting Linton go through the back of one of our players without a yellow.
Think your comments are good but marks are harsh - should be higher imho

So, my understanding is he was playing a deeper role with Lewis. Kluivert was number 10 and Tav on the left. Is that right? Originally when I saw the team line up, I wondered if Tav would support Lewis further back with Kluivert on the left, but from watching MOTD and reading stuff on here, Christie was in a sort of 6 role. Is that right?

Wouldn’t call it a 6, more of an 8, but that could be argued to no conclusion for days.

So I’ll just say yes. :)

Commentary said it was a yellow for kicking the ball away.
Yep. Silly yellow but inconsistent as apparently one of Newcastle's kicked ball away without being booked. Senesi yellow the same. As for Lewis, great that he's so passionate, but he needs to
Wouldn’t call it a 6, more of an 8, but that could be argued to no conclusion for days.

So I’ll just say yes. :)
A 6.5 or 7? Actually, does 7 mean something else? Makes sense to play him deeper if he can if he isn't scoring goals. Mind you, his shooting has seemed sharper this season.

;