AFC Bournemouth v Sheffield United

Yeah if referring to the booking. Wasn't, didn't look malicious. And tbh more arm brushing into mepham.

If it was a proper swing into him he'd have received red as was right in front of ref.
What I don’t understand about that decision is, why would you book someone for not elbowing? If it’s not an elbow then it’s not a free kick, let the game go on. I think they like the attention of blowing their bloody whistle all the time

So much wrong today. But the lack of players in the box when we attack is stupid. Semenyo out wide when we’re attacking is stupid.
Oh, and Christie, Cook and Billing all had shots that were pathetic. Don’t they practice? Not one of three on target.
I don’t disagree. Christie has only ever scored one PL goal and Cook none.

AFCB 32 shots, 12 on target - Sheffield U 13 shots, 9 on target.

This is a game we hoped to get three points from and basically we should have.

Our second penalty this season after the first one on Boxing Day at Dean Court after a wait of 609 days since the last one.

Think that is the highest penalty I have seen, unbelievable and in the end it was crucial to the result.

United took the lead in the first half through Hamer and went further in front through Robinson.

The Cherries substitutions made the difference in the end. Ouattara came on for the start of the second half and later, Sinisterra and Unal came on, followed a few minutes later by Scott and Billing.

For me Sinisterra and Ouattara made the difference down our left flank, they were more direct and linked up well and didn’t overplay like we did in the first half.

Great finish in the end and so far others results have gone in our favour or finished as a draw.

I know. You’re missing my point. Neither of them can score but both are good.
you can afford one player like this and I’d play Cook, Scott and Kluivert in mf.
Both can't hit a cows ass with a banjo, despite their positive attributes.

Most teams at this level have goalscoring centre mids.

Between the two of them they probably have about 2 goals in 350 appearnces, and one of them has none.

It's not good enough at the elite level.

What happened with this? Thought it looked stonewall from where I was sat, just waited for the VAR call that never came so, evidently I was wrong.
Bournemouth are not ever going to get two penalties in one Premier League game. Two a year isn’t a given never mind two in a game.

It's not good enough at the elite level.

Makelele scored 2 goals for Chelsea. One of those was a gifted penalty at the end of the season when they picked up the Premier League trophy.

Busquets played almost 150 times for Spain.... scored 2 goals against Belarus and Macedonia.

They not Elite enough?

What the hell is wrong with Tavernier? I thought I saw the shoots of some kind of return to form at Burnley but today he was back to his woeful worst, even worse than Fulham away. Seems not to want to win the ball back, passing into areas nobody can get to, and then blaming everyone when they don’t. For the first time IMO, he needs a spell on the bench - if AI picks him to start on Wednesday I’ll need an extra beer to watch it.

It is difficult when Sheffield put 10 men behind the ball.

Dug ourselves out of a hole, and could have won it in the end.

A loss would have been devastating, so it was a good comeback in the end.

This is when Dango comes into his own imo. Sure he's erratic but he is arguably the most likely to make something happen when a team is a solid low block.

Reactions: drd
When Solanke scored and we waited for VAR to check offside, then for it to come up shortly after also checking for handball, you just knew it wasn’t going to be his day.
I (and a number of others around me) didnt even celebrate when Dom put the ball in the back of the net, as I clearly saw the ball hit his hand just before, and the LotG are clear. Didn't matter whether it's accidental or not.

Didn't understand the "checking for offside", I think that was shown in error.

Nothing in it really
Fair enough. Looked like one of those where the recipient didn't see it coming and didn't milk it so it wasn't punished at the time.
At the time it looked worse than every "nailed on red headbut" you see.

No wind up intended. Anyone who stupidly believes that we were not let off the hook today is clearly living in another world.
Still sticking to your mantra of not insulting anyone unless they insult you first?
Complete rollocks ,just re-read your posts on this thread alone.Not to mention all those other posts where you insult all those who disagree with you or don't meet your "Perfect World'

;