AFC Bournemouth v Southampton- FA Cup Quarter-Final

2 yellow cards in the FA Cup means a one match suspension in the FA Cup.
stupid rule...do the FA realise that CUp Ties are blood and thunder?...(alright Jeff is wreckless I know, and maybe it's fate so he doesn't get goaded and sent off in the thegame?)

Sounds like we'll have to use some of the kids. A chance for somebody to make a name for themselves.

The likes of Rico and Billing were walking wounded by the end on Tues, Wilshere played 70 mins, Solanke and Stacey put in huge shifts. Seems doubtful they'll all last 90 minutes this Saturday and we aren't blessed with many options to swap them. Riquelme, Surridge, Zemura and Killkenny may all have parts to play.

At least we are allowed five subs. Just had to check.

One for the older fans.

Although he admits he’s not a big fan of VAR, Brian Bedford is still convinced the Cherries were robbed.

Bedford was one of Bournemouth & Boscombe’s heroes when the club embarked on its memorable FA Cup run in 1956/57.

He was one of eight players to start in all six rounds as Freddie Cox’s ‘Pippins’ reached the quarter-finals of the competition for the first time in their history.

https://www.afcb.co.uk/news/feature...i-say-both-goals-shouldn-t-have-been-allowed/

let's face it the pressure is with them as favourites...but it is about who shows up on the day as always with Cup matches. It wouldn't be the biggest shock for us to win so hopefully our players can relax into the game and go for the prize of a Wembley semi-final and being one match away from glory?

One for the older fans.

Although he admits he’s not a big fan of VAR, Brian Bedford is still convinced the Cherries were robbed.

Bedford was one of Bournemouth & Boscombe’s heroes when the club embarked on its memorable FA Cup run in 1956/57.

He was one of eight players to start in all six rounds as Freddie Cox’s ‘Pippins’ reached the quarter-finals of the competition for the first time in their history.

https://www.afcb.co.uk/news/feature...i-say-both-goals-shouldn-t-have-been-allowed/
Here's his Goal
Brian Bedford 1-0.jpg

let's face it the pressure is with them as favourites...but it is about who shows up on the day as always with Cup matches. It wouldn't be the biggest shock for us to win so hopefully our players can relax into the game and go for the prize of a Wembley semi-final and being one match away from glory?

It could be a very close game on Saturday even go to extra time and penalties. I sincerely hope JW has prepared 6 expert penalty takers. I would hate to go out with some weak side footed effort.

Billy, I think I've found out which game you went to to get your Man Utd tickets. Looks like it was league game against Colchester on Sat 23 Feb, the week after Spurs game. Sale of tickets were kept secret until just before that game to keep ticket touts away. Everyone left the Queen's Park to get their tickets.1616149342886.png

Billy, I think I've found out which game you went to to get your Man Utd tickets. Looks like it was league game against Colchester on Sat 23 Feb, the week after Spurs game. Sale of tickets were kept secret until just before that game to keep ticket touts away. Everyone left the Queen's Park to get their tickets.View attachment 5360

Thanks for the cutting but I think that you have misunderstood. The game was a reserve match against Aldershot and there were a few punters queuing for tickets for the upcoming Division 3South game with Colchester!

Billy, I think I've found out which game you went to to get your Man Utd tickets. Looks like it was league game against Colchester on Sat 23 Feb, the week after Spurs game. Sale of tickets were kept secret until just before that game to keep ticket touts away. Everyone left the Queen's Park to get their tickets.View attachment 5360

Thanks for the cutting but I think that you have misunderstood. The game was a reserve match against Aldershot and there were a few punters queuing for tickets for the upcoming Division 3South game with Colchester!

Yep, it was the Aldershot reserve game that I got my ticket.

But this has been discussed on here before, I my father was a full time soldier in the army at the time, stationed in Christchurch, as we know both Aldershot and Colchester are army places, but always thought it was Aldershot reserves out of the two. But it could be I knew it was a team which have/had strong links with the army that stuck in my mind.

I went in at the Brighton Beach End, some people went in and left straight away.

The word got around re the Manchester United tickets/vouchers being on sale and the reserve crowd swelled into double figures. That was without mobile phones as well, all by word of mouth.

The pic above shows something you don’t see these days, a goalie with a cap. :grinning:

Even though we lost, that was the start of my Cherries supporting days and what a day it was.

Edit: Just remembered this para in the link I put re the ’Giant Killers’.

Tickets went on sale during the home reserve game against Aldershot and 19,000 people tried to get in to buy them. That alone summed up the level of cup fever in the town. Needless to say, the gates were closed long before The Cherries and their white shirted illustrious opponents took to the field on fifth round day for what would be a breathless first half.

Last edited:

;