AFC Bournemouth v Southampton

Even in my short time here I have seen a fair few banana-peel moments. And once they start, they are hard to turn. But, I am feeling positive about this one. Interesting game today too.

Hate to spam the forum, however we spoke to Jacob Tanswell and found it really intriguing. I really had no idea how much discontent there was at Southampton. A real negativity within the changing-room that is filtering around numerous departments at St Mary's.

When there are matches that are pivotal for the opposition, sometimes I feel like Bournemouth have quite a soft-centre. Last time round, when Saints were on the brink - we lost (in poor fashion) at St Mary's before going on to effectively secure their safety by beating Swansea.

Hate to see a guy lose a job, but it sounds like we might actually be doing Saints a favour if we get a result tomorrow.

I hope we are ruthless. They really are there for the taking.

Last edited:
Hate to spam the forum, however we spoke to Jacob Tanswell and found it really intriguing. I really had no idea how much discontent there was at Southampton. A real negativity within the changing-room that is filtering around numerous departments at St Mary's.

Sometimes I feel like Bournemouth have quite a soft-centre on occasions which are pivotal for the opposition. Last time round, when Saints were on the brink - we lost (in poor fashion) at St Mary's before going on to effectively secure their safety by beating Swansea.

Hate to see a guy lose a job, but it sounds like we might actually be doing Saints a favour if we get a result tomorrow.

That just reiterates to me even further that we will probably lose lol hopefully we are made of sterner stuff this season though, this is a different Bournemouth to what I can remember seeing before though in fairness.

When there are matches that are pivotal for the opposition, sometimes I feel like Bournemouth have quite a soft-centre. Last time round, when Saints were on the brink - we lost (in poor fashion) at St Mary's before going on to effectively secure their safety by beating Swansea.

Interesting re discontent as saints have missed some big chances during winless games even if not playing well consistently over 90 mins. Not sure they have bought well and this hasn’t helped - is that down to the boss?

Should have beaten Everton and had chances to beat West Ham as they did vs Leicester. Bit like Leicester, though, they have sudden dips during matches that make them vulnerable. Thus West Ham once equalised should have beaten them.

Thus, if we are not on it then we could easily lose this one especially if we are too cautious.

Closest league team to us geographically, but we're not allowed to call it a derby as they're a MASSIVE club so therefore get to decide everything - as I'm certain will be proved tomorrow with any VAR decisions going in favour of the MASSIVE club.

First game this season we're not actually favourites to lose with every bookmaker. A couple even have us as favourites to win!

Closest league team to us geographically, but we're not allowed to call it a derby as they're a MASSIVE club so therefore get to decide everything - as I'm certain will be proved tomorrow with any VAR decisions going in favour of the MASSIVE club.

First game this season we're not actually favourites to lose with every bookmaker. A couple even have us as favourites to win!

Stains fans get so precious about this. Its a derby in every sense of the English language definition...it just means we don't have to be their 'rivals' as they are such a massive club and are also obsessed with Pompy, who they play roughly once every ten years!

Stains fans get so precious about this. Its a derby in every sense of the English language definition...it just means we don't have to be their 'rivals' as they are such a massive club and are also obsessed with Pompy, who they play roughly once every ten years!

Honestly this constant analysis of the words 'derby' 'rival' etc. every time we play them is the most tedious thing going. Who gives a toss what you call it?

Probably need to be local to really get it.

Well you and your local Scummer pals who are into this tedious insistence on defining words to the nth degree can crack on but there's no need to bore the rest of us. Just get a Southampton pen pal and send each other excepts from various dictionaries.

Well you and your local Scummer pals who are into this tedious insistence on defining words to the nth degree can crack on but there's no need to bore the rest of us. Just get a Southampton pen pal and send each other excepts from various dictionaries.
Who are the rest of us exactly?
Tedious is you in a nutshell.
Lerma is more of a local man, than you could ever be.

Who are the rest of us exactly?
Tedious is you in a nutshell.
Lerma is more of a local man, than you could ever be.

Quite funny really because I'm not the sort of person who needs the approval, recognition or respect from the supporters of a no-mark club like Southampton - I just couldn't give a toss what they think of my club.

Without wanting to be rude, you thinking I'd be bothered by your attempts to question my identity reminds me quite a bit of them.

Honestly this constant analysis of the words 'derby' 'rival' etc. every time we play them is the most tedious thing going. Who gives a toss what you call it?
So its tedious and you don't give a toss...but here you are wasting your time responding and gobbing off again

;