AFC Bournemouth v Stoke City - League Cup Third Round

Hmmm .... this was a scratchy performance against a struggling Championship team. Thought we made them look good, especially first half, when we lacked energy and misplaced passes throughout. Second half much improved but we seemed to tune out after the two goals and, to their credit, Stoke kept going. Pluses: Kerkez, Cook, Rothwell; Problems: Traore and Dango who, bar one tricky turn, seemed unable to control the ball.

AND - lots of kids attending of course... more evidence (if needed) that there's a youthful desire in BCP for live football and we should BUILD THE THING!

I think it will be very interesting to see how the club applies their (new)rules as to who gets priority: Will it be STs ,points holders, those who attended cup games even going down to friendly and womens matches for points.
Even at this stage I envisage a total clusterfuck.

Funny how people see a match,

I thought Traore was anonymous and constantly gave it away and didn’t make any effort to get it back.

Thought he was justified to be pulled at half time, I reckon he will be gone Jan or Summer, will be 3rd choice at best for the only role he can play once Scott is fit.

Agree with everything else you said, not looking for an argument just genuinely find it interesting two people see a game so different.
Disappointing display by traore tonight in contrast to the Swansea game but plenty of players could have been subbed at HT

Totally underwhelming first half of frustration and we seemed to be in O’Neil mode?
Class told in the end when Dom steadied the attack and Christie ran the midfield…thought Pearson was booked unjustly for a soft foul and he was livid about it too!…. Nice to see Brooks,Cook,Rothwell and Pearlo having a chat on the pitch at the end of the game…Moore seemed to storm off immediately at the final whistle not shaking hands with anyone!
Radu 6 not sure about him tbh not really tested but his ball at his feet made me nervous
Smith 6 Solid but unspectacular return to the side
Zarbarnyi 6 Steady at the back
Senesi 6.5 Solid and played the ball out well at times
Kerkez 6.5 Got forward well but his shooting and crossing was poor took a few hits in the tackles
Brooks 6 subdued and his passing was off kilter
Rothwell 6.5 Battled and at least scored from a free kick (a tad flukily)
Cook 8 Bossed the game in midfield and looked on his game
Dango 5.5 not really at the races tried some fancy back heels and flicks which didn’t come off…looks slower than he was last season too?
Traore 4 very poor and lacked any quality
Semenyo 5 showed he is not a lone striker through the middle

Subs
Solanke 7 composed finish for his goal and looked our best hope, his injury looked like a hip or back problem not an ankle one hopefully not to serious
Christie 7 Classy and hard working nearly scored bringing out a good save.
Moore not enough time to get into the game, not sure why he didn’t get on before Dom and was clearly frustrated about that IMO
Tavernier 6 some energy and neat touches
Adams 5.5 saw not enough for me to be encouraged, nice dive which upset the Stokies!

Referee 5 don’t like him bit inconsistent with his bookings and fussy lecturing of players

Well we are through and have a chance v Klopps boyz at home next round before we get Port Vale in quarters and Exeter in the semis !
Thought Pearson’s foul was cynical so thought it was a deserved booking - maybe there had been a few by Stoke so next played to do so got punished

I think it will be very interesting to see how the club applies their (new)rules as to who gets priority: Will it be STs ,points holders, those who attended cup games even going down to friendly and womens matches for points.
Also, bear in mind, Liverpool likely to have the Ted Mac stand so less tickets available.

Priority is for those who went to Anfield for each and every of our matches in the Premier League.

I can’t recall an away team getting the Ted Mac in the league cup before? Is it 10% or 15% allocation in the league cup?
I can remember the Baggies being behind the goal and Arsenal in recent seasons. Which cup it was, I can't really say, other than they were evening games.

Didn't Liverpool themselves have it twice in 2014 once in each cup?
We did indeed play Liverpool in an evening cup game, that must have been the League cup. Loads of half/half scarf sellers on all approaches. Does that mean, we will have to allocate them the Ted shed if they request it?

I'm surprised about the level of positivity about last night's performance. I don't think either side had an effort on goal in the first 30 minutes. Stoke were poor but looked more likely to score than us before half time. There was improvement in the second half and the two goals of course but I thought it was a laboured, lack lustre display overall. Stoke created some chances towards the end but their finishing was woeful. I don't normally whinge on here but after the great display in the first half at Brighton (apart from the last bit!), and even despite the final result in that game, I was feeling confident we'd started to click into gear. I know we have some injuries, but the side selected last night should have been strong enough to easily wipe the floor with City in their current form. A lot of people seem to think our form is all going to fall into place after the Arsenal game is done and dusted, but I'm starting to doubt that. Hopefully I am wrong in doing so.

;