AFC Bournemouth v Stoke City - League Cup Third Round

Most people I know go to DC to watch football. Neil appears to go to assess how well the board are doing. He's gone down the rabbit hole and there's no coming back.
I go to watch the footballers they’ve bought with the only likely 200m owner injection we will get. I go back a long time and remember issues this club has been in before when it didn’t spend wisely. Who the actual fuck would think Outtara and Traore were worth the best part of 50m. Only amateurs. Having to play and injure Solanke because you’ve signed so many wingers you didn’t get a decent cf alternative. No back up left back so we are knackering Kerkez out. All the stuff of an amateur strategy of recruitment.

So I will keep calling it out and everyone can feel free to refute it. Although I’ve noticed even fewer are as the weeks pass.

I go to watch the footballers they’ve bought with the only likely 200m owner injection we will get. I go back a long time and remember issues this club has been in before when it didn’t spend wisely. Who the actual fuck would think Outtara and Traore were worth the best part of 50m. Only amateurs. Having to play and injure Solanke because you’ve signed so many wingers you didn’t get a decent cf alternative. No back up left back so we are knackering Kerkez out. All the stuff of an amateur strategy of recruitment.

So I will keep calling it out and everyone can feel free to refute it. Although I’ve noticed even fewer are as the weeks pass.

Tbh Neil I got bored reading this half way through because I've heard it all before and you are simply obsessed with the pair of them. I personally don't give a toss about whether Blake or Hughes get sacked or not. Foley is ruthless and they will be gone if he feels they have not done what they are supposed to including if they waste his money. It's not my money so ultimately I don't care how much these players cost.

Are they any good or not is all that matters and it's clear to anyone who watches the side that some are decent and others are struggling. Same as it always has been with signings at AFCB and every other club.

I'd just watched the replay of this several times before coming across your post. I don't necessarily agree that it should have been hit with his instep, however he should have placed it (or shot) low into the near post rather than randomly aiming at the goal.

How do you teach composure and best scoring techniques in front of goal ?

This incident typified one of the major problems we have. Too many players in the team/squad are only occasional or very occasional scorers. This situation has happened a number of times over the years and it is difficult to get out of, especially when you concede in most matches.

I'm not so sure you can teach composure. Is it something that is inherently built into a persons demeaner. You do see it on occasions when Brooks instead of blasting the ball dummied the goal keeper who finished flat on his back and then shot into an empty net. The reason I suggested the instep, you are more likely to keep it low, whereas side of the foot too low on the ball usually causes the ball to rise.

I'm not so sure you can teach composure. Is it something that is inherently built into a persons demeaner. You do see it on occasions when Brooks instead of blasting the ball dummied the goal keeper who finished flat on his back and then shot into an empty net. The reason I suggested the instep, you are more likely to keep it low, whereas side of the foot too low on the ball usually causes the ball to rise.

His shot was on target though. Whether low or high the reason it didn't go in is that it was too near the keeper.

Have to admit some of our recruitment this season has been puzzling.....if a club like ours spends 20m on a player you would hope that's it's in a position we are short in.....I mean what is traore?...is he a winger ?....a midfielder or a no.10....I've no idea.....he doesn't look effective in any position.
Why we couldn't buy Vina is a mystery to me......Kerkez or Vina on the left Smithy or Aarons on the right and we were set....instead we spent three times as much on a player we didn't need.

I thought Dango showed 2 or 3 flashes of brilliance but the rest of the time couldn’t do anything right, in the first half in front of us he was shocking and I was amazed he remained on the pitch.

Have to admit some of our recruitment this season has been puzzling.....if a club like ours spends 20m on a player you would hope that's it's in a position we are short in.....I mean what is traore?...is he a winger ?....a midfielder or a no.10....I've no idea.....he doesn't look effective in any position.
Why we couldn't buy Vina is a mystery to me......Kerkez or Vina on the left Smithy or Aarons on the right and we were set....instead we spent three times as much on a player we didn't need.

You want to spend £15m on a back up left back?

You want to spend £15m on a back up left back?
We have no problem spunking that x 4 on endless wingers, I think that was the point TF was making. Or even go get a
Left back on loan. We are knackering Kerkez and running an unnecessary risk. Completely unbalanced recruitment….

We've spent 20 odd million on a back up ...well whatever he is......at least we needed another lb......having four quality full backs wouldn't have been a bad thing.
You won’t get any criticism out of Delboy he has nailed his colours to the mast and would rather go down with the ship.

You won’t get any criticism out of Delboy he has nailed his colours to the mast and would rather go down with the ship.
I think its ok to go along and enjoy watching whatever they do, just as you clearly enjoy picking holes in whatever you can find.

It's 100% down to the number of turnstiles... 4 entrances in the NS for 2500 people, predominantly turning up within 45 mins of KO.

The ES has just 1 turnstile for home fans (I think)... For me I don't think it is a problem if the club just recognise that if the queues are still large 5/10 mins before KO, then get the mobile scanners out and open the exit doors to allow fans through quicker... Yes this might mean more fans turn up later for knowledge of getting in this way, but at the end of the day, fans get in...
There’s 3 turnstiles on the east stand actually, but should have been built with 4. Probs bit late now. I was thinking that actually the queuing last night was a big improvement over previous. And there’s some working lights on the corner of the north and east stands now. That used to be pitch black of an evening game.

Have you read my comments on this thread? I went to the game and have criticised Traore and Dango's performances. I've no axe to grind so I can just say what I see. I don't reckon Traore is liked by Iraola and I do wonder where he's going to fit into his plans. Dango I think is erratic but I think he'll see plenty of game time because there are goals and assists in him plus he works hard.

Anyway what about all of the players even you have said are great signings? You do realise that B&H have signed all of our players right?

Neil I think if most people are like me they see little point in replying after a while. It’s like trying to have a discussion with a broken record. You are very quick to judge players and like your match reports are always reactionary. We have a lot of young developing players and yet there’s not one I don’t doubt has talent and considerable potential. That’s what we pay for and have chosen to recruit this model since we first got into the PL. I’ll reiterate again I retrain real doubts about Blake but not Hughes and Foley Will ultimately make the call on them both. It’s not your money or mine - I’ll support whatever team is put on the pitch and for the time being I’ll leave thoughts of finance to those who are eminently more qualified than you or I. If I have to shake a bucket again - or traipse around East Dorset looking for a suitable place for a Phoenix Club to play then I’ll do so. I’m a fan not an auditor

;