AFC Bournemouth v Watford

Where exactly state that we will be one of them. It is difficult to assess at the moment who will go down as teams will strengthen during the transfer window. One will be able to see towards the end of February.

If the bottom three make the right signings they will improve. This is why it is imperative that we keep a reasonable points distance between ourselves and the bottom three. Our league position is irrelavant as long as there is a healthy cushion between us and them. We cannot drop points against other lower order opposition if we want to avoid getting sucked into the relegation quick sand.

I’m glad you ask, Several times, actually.....

1. you constantly make reference to the 11 point gap that cannot reduce and make out like we are in a relegation scrap
2. The Watford game is a crucial must win (for what reason?)
3. We need to pick up points against the non 6 top teams to stay up.

seems to me like we are relegation favourites to you

Steven. You have predicted relegation since we were in league one.
Can you post a nice picture of your old Capri on here please, the one you had to sell as you were moving abroad. But then you stayrd in Lincoln.
Also the BMW you didn't own but then did.
I bud you a good evening and look forward to seeing the lovely photos.

2. The Watford game is a crucial must win (for what reason?)
BC - I will stop being an ar%e for a moment and say this .... it is a big game if we want to stay in touch with a top 10 spot. Watford will want to compete for that, as will Wolves, Everton and a resurgent Leicester. These are the 6-pointers that keep you in that hunt, while we continue to wend our way through another difficult 2 months. If we do stay in that hunt, the run-in from March 9 on is very manageable. "Crucial" might be a bit strong but three points would be very valuable and at least a point at home keeps us in the running. Cheers.

BC - I will stop being an ar%e for a moment and say this .... it is a big game if we want to stay in touch with a top 10 spot. Watford will want to compete for that, as will Wolves, Everton and a resurgent Leicester. These are the 6-pointers that keep you in that hunt, while we continue to wend our way through another difficult 2 months. If we do stay in that hunt, the run-in from March 9 on is very manageable. "Crucial" might be a bit strong but three points would be very valuable and at least a point at home keeps us in the running. Cheers.

Absolutely agree

Yes it is Bill....very easy....incidentally watford fan...you're very lucky we are such a civilised welcoming bunch on here...the one and only time i ventured on to that forum of yours i detected quite a bit of hostility towards me.
I've seen that hostility....much of it from ' Smudger' and ' Clive' who hate us.. but it all stems from us winning the Championship! I know their are plenty of Watford fans that are embarrassed by them and a couple of others and have told me we deserved to win it that year. They were just happy to be promoted too!
I quite enjoy the banter with them....exciting compared to the Saints Bores!

Last edited:

Understand your point but they are all important... including forthcoming games with West Ham and Everton this month. Thus don’t think we should get too fixated on one game, win or lose. I can see us losing to Watford but beating Chelsea for example or vice versa! Just want a good competitive performance tomorrow.

Understand your point but they are all important... including forthcoming games with West Ham and Everton this month. Thus don’t think we should get too fixated on one game, win or lose. I can see us losing to Watford but beating Chelsea for example or vice versa! Just want a good competitive performance tomorrow.
Agreed. Get what we can every game, and yes, West Ham is another one in that conversation and we host them at DC. 8-10 points out the next 8 games would be pretty decent, but you only play them one at a time.

Steven. You have predicted relegation since we were in league one.
Can you post a nice picture of your old Capri on here please, the one you had to sell as you were moving abroad. But then you stayrd in Lincoln.
Also the BMW you didn't own but then did.
I bud you a good evening and look forward to seeing the lovely photos.

I don't suppose I will receive a sensible answer. But why is what car one drives suddenly become an issue.

I haven’t received an answer from do you think we will get relegated?

In essence, on the strength of the players we have when fit and playing well I would say no we won't be relegated. However, if we allow the bottom three to creep on us
as they have, albeit slowly, (our points cushion has been reduced from 14 points to 11 points recently) the risk of relegation can become a distinct possibilty.
this is why I pontificate about not dropping points against other lower order opposition.

Additionally, with all the transfer speculation I do fear for us next season as I feel we will lose a couple of key players in the close season.

I don't suppose I will receive a sensible answer. But why is what car one drives suddenly become an issue.

It’s very important Steven as you seem to be confused as to what cars you’ve owned.
Similarly you seem confused about the points difference between us and the bottom 3.
You said it would be down to 5 by now.

I bid you pleasant mid-day.

;