AFC Bournemouth v Wolves

Need to see their first again, but thought at the time a man on the post might have been able to prevent it.

For Billing, a second yellow would have brought a one match ban anyway, and his bookings count would have remained at four.

But down to 9 men if he had have got that second yellow.And with the way they were feigning injuries & surrounding a very weak referee,it was on the cards.

I don't want to take anything away from Wolves' first half performance and the great free kick, but did anyone else notice how it wasn't taken that close to where the foul happened? I think he changes the angle enough to score from it and would have really struggled if he'd had to move it the 2 or 3 metres to where it should have been. I don't know the rules as to where a free kick should be when this happens, but logic says it has to be at least at the start of the skid marks? (I may have paused a couple of frames too late, but still).

Images from same camera angle.Foul.JPGFreekick.jpg

You can see the skid mark and he's just at the front of it. All players will move it slightly, but our players could have contested it and shown the ref the line in the pitch and got it moved.

Just seen Francis second yellow on MOTD.

Fraser got pulled back exactly the same by Doherty for them in the first half on a breakaway,but he didn’t even get a talking to by the ref.

A very weak & inconsistent refereeing performance from Mr Hooper yesterday.

I don't want to take anything away from Wolves' first half performance and the great free kick, but did anyone else notice how it wasn't taken that close to where the foul happened? I think he changes the angle enough to score from it and would have really struggled if he'd had to move it the 2 or 3 metres to where it should have been. I don't know the rules as to where a free kick should be when this happens, but logic says it has to be at least at the start of the skid marks? (I may have paused a couple of frames too late, but still).

Images from same camera angle.View attachment 2424View attachment 2425
He placed the ball where the ref put his line.

Fraser got pulled back exactly the same by Doherty for them in the first half on a breakaway,but he didn’t even get a talking to by the ref.

Francis should know better when he already has had a yellow, he was just asking for trouble.

Images from same camera angle.View attachment 2424View attachment 2425

It's only a yard or 2 away, so I don't think there's much ground to contest it to be honest.

Disagree. The one on Fraser had the player by his side with his arm leaning down over Fraser's should. Fraser went down but actually I'm not convinced it was a foul (first glance it did look like a blatant yellow admittedly). Francis tugs the arm of the player when he's already beaten. Based on the laws of the game it's always a yellow.

Talking about our starting formation yesterday, on the way to the game listening to Solent, think it was Willo who said we are matching their formation, hence Francis coming in.

I disagree, the players we have aren’t suited to this system at all. The back three don’t know who to pick up and we look vulnerable in the spaces in behind the wing backs. Fraser is purely a winger and playing him more centrally completely nullifies him. Wilson becomes completely isolated. The only player we have who was really suited to playing in this way is H Wilson and he is wildly inconsistent and unfortunately was not on it today. I’d have had more sympathy for Eddie if he’d have started Stacey and Smith as wing backs and Danjuma in place of Fraser, that would have rectified some of the issues by playing players with the attributes required for the roles asked of them. But playing Franno in a back three still? There is absolutely no way you can justify that injuries or not.
What went on in training and pre match planning?
Was it a back 4 or a back 3, the players didnt deem to know.
Wolves attack was strong on their right but fraser never pinned back his man so rico was left overloaded.

According to Eddie in the Echo today, Ryan Fraser was playing with a dead leg, but wanted to carry on.
It was obvious he was struggling as for a while he could hardly move. There was a couple of moves down the left flank that fell flat because Fraser couldn't get onto the ball at his usual pace. Although after about 10 minutes or so he seemed to become more comfortable and freer in his movement.

2019/20 Ryan Fraser is sub-par as it is, without him continuing to play with one working leg! Yet it was L.Cook who made way (although to be fair he looked tired as well).

What went on in training and pre match planning?
Was it a back 4 or a back 3, the players didnt deem to know.
Wolves attack was strong on their right but fraser never pinned back his man so rico was left overloaded.
Fraser spent most of the first half wandering across to the right Very rarely was he anywhere near Rico

;