AFCB Women

Assume you've changed your approach to how yiu address/talk about women working at super markets then? ;)
???...No problem with women working anywhere !

Maybe I've made a 'joke' somewhere along the line regarding women at work...I cant remember ...but then that would not have been serious would it ?

Beggars belief this crap...it really does ! :hmmm:

???...No problem with women working anywhere !

Maybe I've made a 'joke' somewhere along the line regarding women at work...I cant remember ...but then that would not have been serious would it ?

Beggars belief this crap...it really does ! :hmmm:

You said something like dolly bird/bint/silly, dozey woman... something like that, may mot have been those terms, so i apologise if weong on that front.. but it was very patronising/condescending to describe a woman you encountered at a shop once... and was criticised at the time by several people for it.

5,000 tickets sold for something no one is interested in.

You don't think Jim's bribe has artificially inflated those numbers a teeny bit ?

Has the club been transparent in informing those who don't turn up their ticket / point means naff all

You said something like dolly bird/bint/silly, dozey woman... something like that, may mot have been those terms, so i apologise if weong on that front.. but it was very patronising/condescending to describe a woman you encountered at a shop once... and was criticised at the time by several people for it.
Yep...I recall that now..it was quite rude...ive done it several times in fact. ...I just can't help finding things to joke about....in every day life.

And Hypocrisy is something we all succumb to occasionally...as I said in an earlier thread..football fans are especially prone to it....cold toes terrace culture or something. :wack:

You don't think Jim's bribe has artificially inflated those numbers a teeny bit ?

Has the club been transparent in informing those who don't turn up their ticket / point means naff all
Easily lost amongst the ramblings but I did say this…
Sure there will be no shows from the season ticket shenanigans. But there was 3,000 there last season with no bodge up. They’ll be more this season. Those there will enjoy it, why anyone would moan about that I have no idea.

After watching the highlights from the womens game 13-2 i suggest watching the under 12s games if you want to watch a decent game of football. that womens game was just awful in every way. no wonder no one is interested.
https://www.afcb.co.uk/videos/women...trike-13-to-progress-in-fa-cup/?autoplay=true
Relatively certain you aren't their target audience. Given your long standing distain for women's football I've no idea why you spent 7 mins watching the highlights.

Some good finishes. Some diabolical defending. Rare to see a Bournemouth team put in a decent corner more than once in a game.

My God...this Forum is one f√cking strange and unfriendly place.. the attitude to women pretty much cements that !

We All came out of a Woman....just take a little time aside to reflect on that !
Come on Brian.

You're being like Neil.

Faux outrage at anything that can be picked apart for not confirming to wokism.

Neil has said many racist jokes over the years.

You have been sexist over the years.

All of a sudden you're both the poster boys for the status quo of woke.

What a load of bullshyte.

You both should stop the charade.

I thought the women did great. 13-2 is a brilliant scoreline regardless of the opposition. Have our first team even had 13 attempts on target that have been expected goals all season?
I have never been to a women's game myself, but have thought about taking the kids.
I would rather they reduced the price or let kids in for free to attract fans, I think the points incentive is a bit demeaning.

Yeah it's one area where I feel JF constantly ties himself in knots. A women's match included in the season ticket is apparently saying they're worthless yet marketing the match around getting points for the men's game is fine

Yeah it's one area where I feel JF constantly ties himself in knots. A women's match included in the season ticket is apparently saying they're worthless yet marketing the match around getting points for the men's game is fine

Should be more emphasis on the women for sure. There will be many there with far less interest in the men’s game.

AFCB have clearly signed a few players which put us a class above the rest in order to get promotion.

There’s a WSL expansion on the cards next season. So it’s a key time to move up the levels. If we want to reach the WSL or Championship in the coming years.

You can't force the women's game down peoples throats, that's a choice that people take.

To watch, or not to watch.

Commentary has been forced down peoples throats.

You have no choice, as the woke brigade state that their must be women commentators.

What should happen, is that the best people get the job, whoever they may be.

Wokeness, or 'diversity' as it's called now, has seen people who shouldn't be in a job because of their abilities, promoted to the job because of their diversity.

It's an absolute joke.

How may male commentators are their for women's netball?

None.

It's a society that now falls over themselves backwards to accommodate diversity.

Diversity, whilst accordingly woke, doesn't mean you get the best person for the job.

Les Ferdinand has claimed he didn't get a job because of his skin tone.

If he was the best of the best, he could have been green, yellow, or illuminous yellow.

Maybe, just maybe, he wasn't the right person for the job.

You can't force the women's game down peoples throats, that's a choice that people take.

You have no choice, as the woke brigade state that their must be women commentators.

Wokeness, or 'diversity' as it's called now, has seen people who shouldn't be in a job because of their abilities, promoted to the job because of their diversity.

It's an absolute joke.

None.

It's a society that now falls over themselves backwards to accommodate diversity.

Diversity, whilst accordingly woke, doesn't mean you get the best person for the job.

If he was the best of the best, he could have been green, yellow, or illuminous yellow.

I think it’s an ever changing landscape.

But there’s been a notable shift from having male presenters who clearly know little about the women’s game on tv for WSL games, to lesser known former women’s players who clearly do know the game inside out.

Whilst on Soccer Saturday, SNF, Super Sunday, MNF, it’s very male dominated again.

On BT you’d argue that Laura Woods is the best thing on there, with Martin Keown, Micheal Owen, being absolutely awful pundits who offer very little to the programme.

On channel 4, they’ve gone with Jill Scott, I’d argue she isn’t great but she became the bigger profile because she shouted **************** off once.

Should be more emphasis on the women for sure. There will be many there with far less interest in the men’s game.

AFCB have clearly signed a few players which put us a class above the rest in order to get promotion.

There’s a WSL expansion on the cards next season. So it’s a key time to move up the levels. If we want to reach the WSL or Championship in the coming years.

Absolutely no issues with the women's game beyond giving favourable league positions to clubs with bigger brands and think AFCB are wise to try and get a piece of the pie while it's attainable. Personal interest levels are heavily weighted towards the men's game but that's not to take away from the women and like you said they'll have plenty of fans who don't care much about the men.

It's more a comment on JF who generally I see as being quite trustworthy, honest and considered being anything but when it comes to anything around the women's game.

It's an absolute joke.

None.

Such a simple and wrong conclusion. It’s almost like you’re trying to claim discrimination doesn’t exist.

Eh ? I accept that Neil may not be everyone's cup of tea, but racist ? Really ?

I can't recall a single example. Would seem to be totally out of character. Agree or disagree with him, but he is a highly articulate sophisticated commentator.

Many racist jokes ? When ?

Come on mate, I'm not nailing him on one certain jibe, like Waz said plastic, spelt differently with regard to disabled persons.

But Neil has definitely posted jibes that are tinged with racism.

How far does it all go though?

A light heatted Taffy or Irish, or Scottish joke that was main stream a few years back will now have Greta Thunberg, Druss and Gary seeing us tarred and feathered with wheatgrass, soy lattes and the wrath of the devil.

Such a simple and wrong conclusion. It’s almost like you’re trying to claim discrimination doesn’t exist.
Discrimination is alive and present Rob.

Has been around since day dot, and you can find it anywhere you want to look.

You can't make me want to watch the women's game when I don't like it, and prefer the men's game.

;