Ajani Burchall turned down contract?

Is that the point though? Academies are either to create first team players saving the club money on buying young prospects such as John Terry or Mason Mount or selling players to recoup investment such as Nathan Ake and many others.

ake only joined them when 16 - from feyenoord.

Is that the point though? Academies are either to create first team players saving the club money on buying young prospects such as John Terry or Mason Mount or selling players to recoup investment such as Nathan Ake and many others.
I think its absolutely the point. If you don't know how much the 'failures' (and by that I mean the ones who don't break through) are costing, then you have no way of knowing if you're getting value from it

I'm just not sure that the value is there.

I think its absolutely the point. If you don't know how much the 'failures' (and by that I mean the ones who don't break through) are costing, then you have no way of knowing if you're getting value from it

I'm just not sure that the value is there.

Well this is from a few years back when Chelsea weren’t pushing players into the first team and instead were loaning them, boosting their transfer value and selling them on.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....bs-aren-t-playing-the-kids-1.3166265?mode=amp

The article suggests that Chelsea’s academy costs “ €10 million per annum“

They then sold Solanke, Ake and Chalobah for €43 million.

Probably not the massive step up he was hoping for.
If he doesn’t get near the first team it could still turn out to be a sideways step. Still, his agent will probably be happy and for a few months he’ll probably get to earn a decent wedge. Hope it was worth it !
Villa just won the youth cup. It’s actually the biggest step up he could possibly be making.

What kind of player is he? I'm quite excited by what we've been doing with our academy since we got new owners. We've been snapping up lots of promising young players and absolutely dominated the Youth Cup last season. We seem to be treating clubs right as well, and it sounds like we've done the same here with giving a substantial compensation fee. Exeter noted how good we were when we signed one of their young lads last year.

What kind of player is he? I'm quite excited by what we've been doing with our academy since we got new owners. We've been snapping up lots of promising young players and absolutely dominated the Youth Cup last season. We seem to be treating clubs right as well, and it sounds like we've done the same here with giving a substantial compensation fee. Exeter noted how good we were when we signed one of their young lads last year.
Since nobody else answered your question I thought I'd give it a bash. I think it's fair to say that we never saw enough of him to have much of an opinion. Very little coverage of U18 football for fans of this club, just the occasional match report. He never featured very heavily in any of the match reports I read and I think the consensus here is that he probably thinks he is better than he actually is. I certainly never heard anything particularly positive about him, just another one of our U18s as far as I was aware.

Anybody who knows more about him than I've been able to ascertain, feel free to contradict me, I can only go on what little I've been able to read about him.
:thumbup:

Well the academy system is a pyramid scheme so you could mug us off if you wanted to but I guess it's smart for both parties if you develop a reputation for paying more so if we start seeing scouts from other cat 1 teams we can pick up the phone and get a more reasonable fee.

;