Ake on his way ?

We can keep spinning it round and round but...

Option one - they had £2.5million payments on the loan.

Option two - pay an additional £10million to purchase him and loan him out with a future sale for £12million.

Which is back to the original point I was making. They purchased him to lower their loses on the original loan deal.

How is it a loss? The wanted him in their team so they paid us to loan him? Didn't the loan fee increase due to a promotion clause anyway?

How is it a loss? The wanted him in their team so they paid us to loan him? Didn't the loan fee increase due to a promotion clause anyway?

Arsenal <- £3.5 <- Wolves
Wolves <- £10 <- AFCB
Wolves -> £12.5M -> AFCB (AFCB £2.5M up)
Wolves <- £12 <- Stoke (Wolves either £0.5 down or £6M up depending if you count the first sale)

Reactions: DJ
Ake is one of those self fuelling rumours I think. No-one was overtly interested, and if you look at how many defenders under 24 have been successful when moving to big clubs as opposed to unsuccessful it's pretty obvious why no-one was really thinking that we might lose him just yet. However the announcement about the stadium got some social commentators thinking that we were skint so they wondered what we might want to sell to balance the books. First most obvious asset is Ake, and now it's ran and ran, probably to the point where clubs themselves are thinking it might be a good bid to make

Ake is one of those self fuelling rumours I think. No-one was overtly interested, and if you look at how many defenders under 24 have been successful when moving to big clubs as opposed to unsuccessful it's pretty obvious why no-one was really thinking that we might lose him just yet. However the announcement about the stadium got some social commentators thinking that we were skint so they wondered what we might want to sell to balance the books. First most obvious asset is Ake, and now it's ran and ran, probably to the point where clubs themselves are thinking it might be a good bid to make

You have to blame the club for that,the "statement" was so poorly worded that it almost made out we had spent all our money on the squad and were potless.

Well.....if he ultimately wants to play for a Portuguesa Puta like Mourinho ... oi'm f##ked if I will lose any sleep over it! and I don't care if 100 mil changes hands or a 100 fields of f##king Tulips......whatever steps onto the Dean Court pitch to replace him in subsequent games in a Cherries Shirt will get support from me!
A mangler from Mangotsfield Utd or a bruiser from Blackfield and Langley will do for me! :smoke:

Last edited:
Team performance over the next 8 weeks may make for some interesting discussions and conjecture. Let's just say we are on 30 points after 19 games .... which, I believe is very possible. Over the past few seasons, 30 points after 19 games would be as high as 6th place, and no lower than 9th. So, well within the Europa discussion. Would this not affect how the club would deal with any incipient offers? Or does a juicy offer trump the possibility of a historic season?

Ive been saying for the last year we are an Ake injury away from being in trouble. We need to sign at least 1 right sided defender at the moment. If Ake is out for any reason, I think we would see Cook and Franno as CBs. Simpson is too raw and Mings may be an option but I am not convinced he would be a regular starter. Better to buy someone before Ake goes. I agree he will move on to a bigger club at some stage, could even see him going to a big European club

Ive been saying for the last year we are an Ake injury away from being in trouble. We need to sign at least 1 right sided defender at the moment. If Ake is out for any reason, I think we would see Cook and Franno as CBs. Simpson is too raw and Mings may be an option but I am not convinced he would be a regular starter. Better to buy someone before Ake goes. I agree he will move on to a bigger club at some stage, could even see him going to a big European club
I don't believe that for a minute. We managed to get promoted and 1 and half seasons in the premier league without him.

Team performance over the next 8 weeks may make for some interesting discussions and conjecture. Let's just say we are on 30 points after 19 games .... which, I believe is very possible. Over the past few seasons, 30 points after 19 games would be as high as 6th place, and no lower than 9th. So, well within the Europa discussion. Would this not affect how the club would deal with any incipient offers? Or does a juicy offer trump the possibility of a historic season?

If we're doing well but a traditionally top six club comes in with a huge offer it would probably come down to him. If he wanted the move and agitated for it we'd be foolish to keep him if our valuation has been met. If he said he was happy to see the season out then we would hopefully rebuff the offer.

Can anyone name a player who made a genuine step up in leaving us in the last few years. Ritchie and Elphick perhaps but had to drop a division to do so, so probably not really

Last edited:
Will be interesting to see what happens if we sell Ake and what happens after that to our supposedly skint club. Obviously, after we've got a replacement for him.

;