Ake on his way ?

He came in on 19th Nov as a replacement for Smudge against Stoke away, we won 0-1. He kept his place in the next game against Arsenal as Chaz was out. We lost 1-3. Then he scored the winner in our now famous 4-3 win vs Liverpool and over night became a hero.

The most concerning part of that article is the last two paragraphs....conjecture of course but not good reading.

sorry this is all conjecture, the article goes from a potential bid, to Eddie Howe also leaving. A lot of ifs and buts here. Until Ake's contract is less than 2 years, we don't have to sell to anyone

I'm not sure why everyone is so worried about this buy-back.

The worse case scenario is Chelsea want him back, he wants to go back and we double our money.

If Spurs or Man Utd want him, we can legitimately be asking for £50m or more. I don't want to lose him obviously, but at that kind of money, we couldn't really stand in his way.

Hahahahahaha, gentleman's agreement my bottom

If it's there, it'll be a clause, not some airy fairy non enforcable rubbish, I still see no reason we let Southampton screw us out of 1-1.5 million over Lallana, though I imagine that they subsidised Boruc's wages in return, being as there wouldn't have been a huge market for him. Buy back would likely be two or three years, and yes 40 would sound about right. 30 mill first 12 months, 40 mill second year, third year 50 mill or price match any acceptable offer

Surely we can have a gentleman’s agreement with Nathan that he doesn’t sign again with Chelsea.

If he doesn’t agree to go back to Chelsea the agreement is null and void.

Really can’t see him ever agreeing to go back to Chelsea.

The most concerning part of that article is the last two paragraphs....conjecture of course but not good reading.

It is conjecture but of all the big six teams in this country it does feel like the only realistic one. I can't see any of the others taking a chance on him and Poch does seem to be on radar of the clubs at the absolute head of the top table and so may move on. They've shown their willing to give an opportunity to manager's with a similar top flight record. Geographically it's within the zone where he could still remain close to family. Heck, he wouldn't even need to wait for them to build a new stadium!

...who knows what will happen in the future, there are many many factors involved in players moving, not least whether AFCB would want to more than double their money on a player?..Nathan is a very good asset for us but it is inevitable that bigger clubs will be looking at him...as they will with Lewis Cook,David Brooks,Ryan Fraser and the likes of Lerma and Rico if they work out for us...the difficult part is replacing them on the transfer treadmill with maybe the likes of Mepham,Watkins, and the like and it all working out.

We are blessed at AFCB in that we can at least now sell for the price we want and not as before when we had no choice in the fees!

think ake might start tonight versus belgium, van dick injured? hope he plays terribly and doesn't get injured. worried he will look good.....

My worry is whenever Eddie does leave you just know that he'll sign half or more of our squad, too... Doubling down.

Anyway. It's a tough call re Ake but were he to go in January, for example, then it'd be up to Mings to step up. Probably not a disastrous replacement.

Or, for Franno to come back in at CB and Cookie to go back to the left side of defence. :oops:

My worry is whenever Eddie does leave you just know that he'll sign half or more of our squad, too... Doubling down.

Anyway. It's a tough call re Ake but were he to go in January, for example, then it'd be up to Mings to step up. Probably not a disastrous replacement.

Or, for Franno to come back in at CB and Cookie to go back to the left side of defence. :oops:
There's obviously never a good time to sell Ake, but if we are still flying in January it'd be the least worse.

Prices are higher in January anyway and it'd give Mings 6 months to get up to speed before we had to make an ultimate decision on a replacement in the summer

For me Ake goes firmly into the "Do not sell under any circumstances" pile. We're not obligated to sell to anyone, whether its West Ham with the £3.50 bid, or Man United with the £100 million bid.
We are. Restrict a players ambition and they can start to make things difficult.

In reality, we're just a better class of selling club these days. Nothing wrong with that either.

And importantly, we're yet to sell a bona-fide key player since we've been in the PL (possibly Matt Ritchie aside? We already had cover for him and the opinion on here was he was in over his head).

Strange how few reported bids there have actually been for our players.

Strange how few reported bids there have actually been for our players.
One of the journalists on twitter, when responding to a lack of AFCB presence in the England squad, suggested there might be a perception our players only look good playing for our manager. I don’t necessarily agree with that, I think our players are right up there in talent levels now, but I can see why some people might hold that opinion.

I keep puzzling over this one ....

If the team is on a historic progression - i.e. potential for AFCB to be in Europa - and a player like Ake has come to AFCB, when I am sure he had other options, especially given his earlier good experience with the club and the manager ..... wouldn't he want to play it out? We cannot get into the heads of 20-something players with such talent and potential, but if he truly loves this team, I think he would feel this way. The risk, I suppose, is a serious injury which could eliminate the possible life-changing contract. I admit that I do not know how players over there can/do insure themselves against career-threatening injuries.

;