Alex Scott

Semenyo did less well on the left than on the right, cutting in, in the last couple of games. It looks like AI plays Tavernier on the side where the fullback is going to need more help - most of Luton's long balls to the front man were on our right, and Zabarnyi took time to get to grips with it.

It could have been very confusing if Kelly had been fit, with a lookalike playing for the other team.

We made a few tweaks. We played out from the back more as we didn’t want to go direct against their defence. This enabled them to press us more and caused us problems as we didn’t have the direct option.

Tav, Semenyo, Kluivert all operated in their set positions rather than being fluid and it all made it slightly easier for Luton to panic us.
Agree. Also regardless of positions the three behind Solanke also miscontrolled or did basic errors too often in key positions which made me wonder if pitch was too wet. It was really noticeable and not just one of them. Any of them could have come off, if anything I thought Semenyo was slightly unluckier of the three as hadn’t been as off.

Agree. Also regardless of positions the three behind Solanke also miscontrolled or did basic errors too often in key positions which made me wonder if pitch was too wet. It was really noticeable and not just one of them. Any of them could have come off, if anything I thought Semenyo was slightly unluckier of the three as hadn’t been as off.
Agree re Semenyo, I thought Kliuvert would be the one to make way, not because he was any more off than Tav or Semenyo, it's just I thought with Semenyo's direct running and strength, he would stay on. Of course he could be carrying a knock or something we are unaware of. Either way, the Billing sub did have an impact as we had started to push them back in the minutes leading up to the equaliser.

Agree re Semenyo, I thought Kliuvert would be the one to make way, not because he was any more off than Tav or Semenyo, it's just I thought with Semenyo's direct running and strength, he would stay on. Of course he could be carrying a knock or something we are unaware of. Either way, the Billing sub did have an impact as we had started to push them back in the minutes leading up to the equaliser.
Yes the crowd was getting going too. It felt like one of those epic comebacks.

The rematch will be a very special event I would have thought with mutual love and hopefully a pitch visit in some form by Tom.

I couldn’t believe AI didn’t switch AS and MT over earlier, neither were having any luck and only a few weeks ago AS has been having stormers on the right, and Tav put in those peach deliveries at Palace and OT, from the left! It didn’t make sense to me.

I couldn’t believe AI didn’t switch AS and MT over earlier, neither were having any luck and only a few weeks ago AS has been having stormers on the right, and Tav put in those peach deliveries at Palace and OT, from the left! It didn’t make sense to me.
I think Luton’s right back weaker in air then left back as the plan was always for Semenyo to get on him for a far post cross from the right. Wheras the right back was slower so plan for Tavs to run him.

That’s what we concluded. The issue was less where they were all playing and more basics of concentration on control etc

I think Luton’s right back weaker in air then left back as the plan was always for Semenyo to get on him for a far post cross from the right. Wheras the right back was slower so plan for Tavs to run him.

That’s what we concluded. The issue was less where they were all playing and more basics of concentration on control etc

Not sure, the plan felt like we’d over complicated it on Saturday. From the fewer direct balls forward, the rigid forward three, Zabarnyi man marking the number 11.

I’m sure there are usually these plans to counter act, nullify or exploit the opposition, but the first half on Saturday felt like too many of what we were trying hindered us more than it did them.

The second half we changed things, concentrated on us, put Billing on so we could mix it up a bit and I don’t doubt we’d have gone on to get all three points.

Found it all very intriguing.

Not sure, the plan felt like we’d over complicated it on Saturday. From the fewer direct balls forward, the rigid forward three, Zabarnyi man marking the number 11.

I’m sure there are usually these plans to counter act, nullify or exploit the opposition, but the first half on Saturday felt like too many of what we were trying hindered us more than it did them.

The second half we changed things, concentrated on us, put Billing on so we could mix it up a bit and I don’t doubt we’d have gone on to get all three points.

Found it all very intriguing.

Billing looked bang up for it too. Felt like it was going to be one of his world-beater performances.

We made a few tweaks. We played out from the back more as we didn’t want to go direct against their defence. This enabled them to press us more and caused us problems as we didn’t have the direct option.

Tav, Semenyo, Kluivert all operated in their set positions rather than being fluid and it all made it slightly easier for Luton to panic us.
Did not think switching Semenyo and Kluivert to opposite flanks worked as did not have the understanding with the right and left backs

The signing of Scott seems to have revitalised our midfield without playing many minutes at all. A real incentive for Lewis and Ryan that has turbo charged their game.
Lovely dilemma for AI!
Plus we may get Roman Faivre back next season too - another creative player - anyone followed his season so far?

Plus we may get Roman Faivre back next season too - another creative player - anyone followed his season so far?
I have not, but checking stats he seems to be a key part of the team.

Only 3 teams in Ligue 1 have scored more goals than Lorient despite them being second from the bottom.

5 goals and 1 assist in 1300 minutes for Faivre.

Purely looking at stats seems ok, but I have no idea if he’s got the physical attributes to play Iraola ball.

Billing looked bang up for it too. Felt like it was going to be one of his world-beater performances.
He certainly did. He looks like he has a renewed fire in his belly, which is great to see. Phil's had little competition within the team for some years and this may be reflected in his languid style. In the last couple of games he has looked far more physical. He has reacted very well to his benching. Says a lot about the man's character.

;