Are you trying to avoid promotion?

Skillwise the PL is about on par with the 3rd divisions of both Argentina and Brazil..
...its not even any better than France and Germany's 2nd Divs..

Its only the Cnuting Press that feeds to the contrary.. Its f√ckin joke !

The bit I was reading looks like it's taking into account Premier League champions, not defending it in the first season of the Premier League. Because, as we all know, this is when football started! ;) Either way, I was slightly off in my memory, Leicester worse than Chelsea by a few points going by the article below.

https://www.squawka.com/en/liverpool-bad-champions-roy-keane-worst-in-premier-league-history/

Fair enough, as you say either way it's an arbitrary cut-off as others have pointed out worse champions performance from pre PL days.

Incidentally Leeds won the league with a relatively low 82 points then got only 51 the following year. Both 42 game seasons so not sure who's worse tbh.

I think we may be answering different questions. Are you answering the lowest position Liverpool have finished? I was answering for the previous season’s winners. I’ve looked it up.

Man City won in 36-37 and were relegated in 21st position in 37-38.

Arsenal won the league in 52

I was answering this question from Blandford Cherry, re reigning Champions (Liverpool).

“Stat fans - what’s the lowest the reigning champions have ever finished in the PL or old division 1?”

Last edited:
Skillwise the PL is about on par with the 3rd divisions of both Argentina and Brazil..
...its not even any better than France and Germany's 2nd Divs..

Its only the Cnuting Press that feeds to the contrary.. Its f√ckin joke !
You must have the most amazing access to random football streams or a top notch hooky satellite system to know so much about 3rd and 2nd division teams in those countries. Either that or you’re wildly guessing.

Can’t believe what I’ve just read. The Premier League, is no better than the French second division.

I had to go over it a couple times to make sure I read it correctly.

To be fair, all those French sides do consistently well in Europe....

Can’t believe what I’ve just read. The Premier League, is no better than the French second division.

I had to go over it a couple times to make sure I read it correctly.

To be fair, all those French sides do consistently well in Europe....

So what exactly is the PL....other than what the Press elevates it to.
My post was obviously exaggerated out of sarcasm...to try and extract something more comprehensive than what the Sun or Mail spouts.
Going by what Boscombe, Villa , Chelsea and Norwich served up last season..it ain't too hot ...better mention Burnley too :whist:

;