Arnaut Danjuma

Interesting, had no idea about that.
Glad he managed to not get himself into some real trouble although he admits that he was understandably outraged and maybe didn't respond in the most polite manner ;)
Pretty bad experience for him I would imagine so hopefully getting back to football will take his mind off such matters.
Come on Arnaut ! Time to shine !

Ok having seen the lineup I like I guess my next Iteration would be

Danjuma. H Wilson. Brooks
Cook Lerma billing
Rico ake cook smith.

Ok having seen the lineup I like I guess my next Iteration would be

Danjuma. H Wilson. Brooks
Cook Lerma billing
Rico ake cook smith.
Did you mean to include H. Wilson as a False 9 or do you mean Callum?

The former might not be as daft as it looks but you need runners from midfield to make it work so I’d go for Gosling over L. Cook

For all the doom mongers it might be an idea to watch the interview with Danjuma on COWS which I thought was very positive. He says that JT has a slightly different way he wants them to play, he has discussed it with the players and they all like the plan. Danjuma says that now they are working on executing it to perfection. Really glad for Arnaut to get his goal and a cameo as a striker, such a shame he missed almost all of his first season with us.

In his own interview JT mentioned that they have a very good team spirit within the squad, which is also very good to hear. I would hope that we will do everything to maintain that and that JT will quickly weed out any big time Charlies before they can rock the boat. Hopefully the lesson of the Fraser saga has been taken onboard.

So although I still have my doubts about JT's ability to not just start well with the squad he inherited but to maintain a promotion challenge, I'm reassured that he does at least have a plan, the players understand it and are determined to carry it through. Add to that a decent spirit within the camp and we seem to have the basis to have good chance of being successful.

If we survive the transfer window without too much collateral damage then I am fairly optimistic that we will at least have a decent start to the season. After that it will be a question of our having the staying power to stay in the fight until season's end. A few of the squad might find that hard going, the Championship is a long old grind.

Go Danjuma ! Hope you have the season you deserve !
:utc:

We need to talk less and produce more. I got fed up with the words last year...

All managers/players will say team spirit is good and there is a strong plan. Then you read the autobiography’s after and they tell the real truth.

So, I hope they are right but above anything this year I just want us to do it and not talk about it endlessly...
I think we can cut Danjuma some slack on that one Neil. The poor guy has been sat in the stands watching us be crap for the best part of a year, yearning to be given the medical all clear to get back out there and show us what he can do.

I would imagine he would be the one player out of all of them who would have been absolutely delighted to finally have a microphone being shoved in his face post match and to have the opportunity to say a few words to the fans.

Time will tell if we back up the words with actions this season. Hopefully JT can instil a culture of "talk is cheap" within the squad because some of the players' comments last season were very annoying. We are judged by what we do on the pitch and not by what we say to the press. Hope springs eternal. New manager, new squad culture, maybe ?

I never really get the criticism players get for talking to the media. I believe they are obliged to do a certain amount of interviews and can only answer the questions they are asked.

It’s hardly going to go something like this

INTERVIEWER: So Arnaut what are the ambitions for the season?

DANJUMA: Well I’d like to say we are going to work hard and hope to challenge for promotion but I’m not alowed to say that because the folks on UTC will get upset

I never really get the criticism players get for talking to the media. I believe they are obliged to do a certain amount of interviews and can only answer the questions they are asked.

It’s hardly going to go something like this

INTERVIEWER: So Arnaut what are the ambitions for the season?

DANJUMA: Well I’d like to say we are going to work hard and hope to challenge for promotion but I’m not alowed to say that because the folks on UTC will get upset
Agreed. The questions are usually heavily loaded so how else are they likely to respond ? The interviewer has already fed them the answer they are expected to give, nine times out of ten.

Interestingly the point about JT having a different style of play which was presented to the players, which they understood and which they were in favour of, was a volunteered statement on his part, so in this case I have every reason to believe that it was genuine.

I think we can cut Danjuma some slack on that one Neil. The poor guy has been sat in the stands watching us be crap for the best part of a year, yearning to be given the medical all clear to get back out there and show us what he can do.

I would imagine he would be the one player out of all of them who would have been absolutely delighted to finally have a microphone being shoved in his face post match and to have the opportunity to say a few words to the fans.

Time will tell if we back up the words with actions this season. Hopefully JT can instil a culture of "talk is cheap" within the squad because some of the players' comments last season were very annoying. We are judged by what we do on the pitch and not by what we say to the press. Hope springs eternal. New manager, new squad culture, maybe ?

Don’t get me wrong... I know they have to say it and am not criticising that. It was more a hope that this year, if it’s not backed up on the pitch they stop saying it, and also that I believe it a lot less than I used to now there are slick PR people crawling all over them.

He seems like a positive, cheerful, level headed kind of person! Not unlike our other Dutch legend. Unfortunately can't find Demouge's interview after Walsall away so can't throw him in for comparison.
True, he seems like another top lad. I hope he performs well this season and that we can hang on to him for a while. COWS had an article about his journey shortly after he signed for us and he had a pretty tough upbringing as I recall, spent several spells in foster care and had to work very hard to continue playing his football as a kid whenever he was moved to another family in another part of the city.

He has worked hard and shown great dedication to get this far and I really hope he gets his just rewards and acclaim this season WITH US !

I really like Danjuma as a positive character - maybe stemming from his tough upbringing. Clearly last season wasn’t great - missed a lot of games plus form patchy when he did. Looks fitter now.

Max has asked JT to take the job, which he has.

So seeing as we have only played one friendly and no competitive games yet which are the ones that count, give the bloke a chance before getting the ‘knives’ out.

Just a thought, how many good managers has our club had following on from a good manager leaving?

Have we ever had a good manager leave that hasn't taken the complete backroom staff and then half the team ?
I

;