Arsenal home game points

afcb_mattyd

New Signing
Anyone know why the arsenal game points requirement jumped up by 2 points from previous home game? Every other home game this season, the points required raise by 1.
End of summer holiday period and expecting a surge in interest? Mistake? Random decision? Calculated by casting bones? They don't make it easy do they?

Was it just the top tier that was altered by 2 points? Was this to factor in the 2 home points available for the the pre season games?

I e-mailed the club about this and got this reply:

"Point drops are all subject to change based on the volume of point holders within each criteria/group. We started the current season with significantly more high point holders than last season, and with the addition of home points for other matches including the preseason friendlies, the starting points by match can change during the season. We continue to monitor the size of the first point drop pool and ensure there are enough match tickets available for everyone in that group to purchase."

I e-mailed the club about this and got this reply:

"Point drops are all subject to change based on the volume of point holders within each criteria/group. We started the current season with significantly more high point holders than last season, and with the addition of home points for other matches including the preseason friendlies, the starting points by match can change during the season. We continue to monitor the size of the first point drop pool and ensure there are enough match tickets available for everyone in that group to purchase."

Good to hear that everyone in the top points bracket is theoretically guaranteed a ticket.

Hopefully this also continues to be the case with away points.

Good to hear that everyone in the top points bracket is theoretically guaranteed a ticket.

Hopefully this also continues to be the case with away points.
Yeah that's absolutely stonking news if you're in that top points bracket.

I went to every home game last year so theoretically had maximum points. No I didnt go to the pre-season friendlies. Why? Because I live 140 miles from the Vitality and I thought I had shown enough commitment doing that journey for every home game last season. I was also never warned that the 19 points I started with this season might need propping up due to the recent actions with points drop changes and the large reduction of tickets to points holders generally.

I'm in the high points group too and managed to get a ticket promptly yesterday.
I do though, get the impression that if you aren't in the max points group you then are in the 'free for all' fight for seats when they do a Cherries Tuesday.
Perhaps the next tier are OK too?

As I say I might be wrong (probably am) but the club are certainly putting pressure on you to get ticket(s) as soon as you possibly can or you'll miss out.

I'm in the high points group too and managed to get a ticket promptly yesterday.
I do though, get the impression that if you aren't in the max points group you then are in the 'free for all' fight for seats when they do a Cherries Tuesday.
Perhaps the next tier are OK too?

As I say I might be wrong (probably am) but the club are certainly putting pressure on you to get ticket(s) as soon as you possibly can or you'll miss out.

Unfortunately it doesn’t appear the next tier are ok, they have access to tickets when the points drop happens but with limited tickets available they are selling out at this level.

Keen not to keep repeating myself on the same topic so I’ll just refer back to an old thread.

Unfortunately it doesn’t appear the next tier are ok, they have access to tickets when the points drop happens but with limited tickets available they are selling out at this level.

Keen not to keep repeating myself on the same topic so I’ll just refer back to an old thread.

Yes I knew that DJ, thanks. It's a case of how many they hold back. It's certainly tricky if you aren't on maximum points and even if you are, don't delay in getting a seat.

Reactions: DJ
Yeah that's absolutely stonking news if you're in that top points bracket.

I went to every home game last year so theoretically had maximum points. No I didnt go to the pre-season friendlies. Why? Because I live 140 miles from the Vitality and I thought I had shown enough commitment doing that journey for every home game last season. I was also never warned that the 19 points I started with this season might need propping up due to the recent actions with points drop changes and the large reduction of tickets to points holders generally.

I have great sympathy for the high points holders who will undoubtedly feel like they’re being under valued by the new system.

Top points holders will have to purchase tickets for the women’s and development squad games as well as all Premier League games this season to remain in that bracket going forward.

Anyone last season who went to all the weekend league games could well already see themselves falling behind the pack if they haven’t struck lucky by nabbing a ticket in the minutes they’re available at the points drop or struck lucky in the bun fight.

I think the problem is that it really isn’t clear what people will get for their £140. The buildings not ready and there’s no description of the food or service on offer.
They did mention "stadium food offerings", as opposed to the full-on fine dining experience.

Stadium food...doesn't sound very appealing, does it ?

I think we all know that the food and drink offering is basically an irrelevance. It's just a way of charging top dollar to someone who really really wants to see a game.

I have great sympathy for the high points holders who will undoubtedly feel like they’re being under valued by the new system.

Top points holders will have to purchase tickets for the women’s and development squad games as well as all Premier League games this season to remain in that bracket going forward.

Anyone last season who went to all the weekend league games could well already see themselves falling behind the pack if they haven’t struck lucky by nabbing a ticket in the minutes they’re available at the points drop or struck lucky in the bun fight.
Thank you for the reply. I guess the other thing I could have added is that this is all very discretionary, nothing to stop the club removing ticket sales for any points holders (including "super" high points holders) going forward and making it all Season Tickets & Cherries Tuesday only at some point in the future.

Reactions: DJ
I don’t feel they are giving people what they want.

I am in top bracket for tickets went to 33 of 38 last year.

Was away for work yesterday so couldn’t get on at 10 looked around for 2 seats very few seats in pairs except this £140 offering that i really have no interest in and really dont want my 12 year old elsewhere. Ended up with two but second row of Ted Shed not where I want to be.

Need to do away with holding back tickets, get that they need new blood but it’s those that went in league 2 should be the one’s getting the rewards not those that want to watch city, utd and Liverpool as they saw a friendly 2 months ago.

I've asked the Cherries Trust to clarify with the club if the women's and reserves games will be included when calculating the points required to purchase tickets next season. Unless I've missed it don't think they have had a response from the club on this yet. Would be good to get an answer on this as if points from women's games, reserves, etc. are required then I think there will be a lot of fed up people out there.

It's obvious now that loyal points holders who've maintained that status since 2014 are being treated as an irrelevance. For everything decent happening on the pitch the club are successfully pissing off various sections of the fanbase.

Someone's working their nuts off to build a posh tent (at some expense by the looks of the groundworks) on the back of a temporary stand yet the club still don't have a long term commitment to providing accessible transport to away games. I don't use this transport but I know damned well what the priority should be.

Thanks for all the replies. It's a troubling situation. I love the initiative to get more people to games, and I guess that was always going to be at the expense of those who've been going for a few years until there's extra seating conjured up somehow. But I do feel this could see a few loyal fans slipping lower down the priority list, which seems a great shame.
Really puts the pressure on to attend every possible game, which isn't really required for the majority of fans who attend every game they can anyway, just adds stress.

So a maximum point holder must now attend all friendlies, development games and women’s games to maintain being in that priority group for fear of not being able to attend games next season despite being loyal points holders since pre 2014?!! Seems an absolute farce when I expect the majority of us maximum point holders would bite their hand off to be given a season ticket.

I’m already struggling to get the seat I’ve sat in 90% of the time due to the mad rush on the on sale days now

;