Arsenal home game points

Very difficult for exiles or weekend workers as a ST rarely made true financial sense

My daughter had a ST until university and then released it back into the pot. Another mistake!

Think Foley et Al have a hospital pass on this. So hard to get right. Good they are trying to expand points access for newer fans but needs to be a win:win for all. Difficult
Could they not have put tier 2 on the ted shed, 2nd tier only for newbies/the free for allers - sorted

Got the email to say I can go and buy a ticket this morning, 19 points. Only tickets available are the £139 hospitality tickets and a decent number of them. Disappointing.

I’m assuming all the other words you could have opted for would have been blanked out by the swear filter.

So we are now in the situation where theoretically going to every single league game last season with the exception of one game now means supporters miss out?

I’m really hoping this is just another system glitch and some tickets will become available shortly.

IMG_4433.jpegIMG_4434.jpegIMG_4435.jpeg

I’m assuming all the other words you could have opted for would have been blanked out by the swear filter.

So we are now in the situation where theoretically going to every single league game last season with the exception of one game now means supporters miss out?
It looks that way! It just means that my support will be from my armchair more than previous seasons.

Think Foley et Al have a hospital pass on this. So hard to get right. Good they are trying to expand points access for newer fans but needs to be a win:win for all. Difficult
Any change to the system will cause pain. The original implementation did. Those who are losing out are obviously going to be most vocal.

At the end of the day, you're trying to fit 20,000+ people into 9,000 seats.

Whilst I can sort of see what the new owners are trying to achieve, it is mightily frustrating. I usually buy tickets for me and my 14 year old son. I have one more point because I went to a midweek game last year when he had a school event, and we are either side of the most recent points drop. I bought my ticket this morning, but what chance of getting a ticket for him on Sunday? Unless I pay £139 for it...

Got the email to say I can go and buy a ticket this morning, 19 points. Only tickets available are the £139 hospitality tickets and a decent number of them. Disappointing.

Did you click on the seats? When I first logged in it showed the hospitality price only, but once you clicked on the seats it gave you the various options for the seats. There were a fair few normal seats available at 10am,

Any change to the system will cause pain. The original implementation did. Those who are losing out are obviously going to be most vocal.

At the end of the day, you're trying to fit 20,000+ people into 9,000 seats.
Part of the reason I'm not about to go online and start having a go at the club. It's frustrating that I'm going to make less games but there are plenty of fans who've been following the club as long, and longer, than me who've been unable to get tickets. Selfishly, I want to be at every game. Realistically, it's not going to happen and my wallet will be thankful. Thanks whichever deity is popular today for streaming!

Did you click on the seats? When I first logged in it showed the hospitality price only, but once you clicked on the seats it gave you the various options for the seats. There were a fair few normal seats available at 10am,
There was one seat which went while I was trying to sort. The standard price was just crossed out, did almost autopilot into a hospitality ticket though!

I'm in the top tier of tickets at the moment. This could be a right ballache.

Still.. less Ted Shed = more Firkin Shed. The game is always the worst bit of the day anyway :guiness:

I'd be surprised they sell all of them at hospitality rates so will keep an eye out.

Won't they just stay available as the points drop until they go on open sale? I'd imagine for the first few games at least will sell out as some of those who have been locked out pay whatever it takes to get a ticket when it comes up so they can see a game.

Whether that carries on over a longer period is another matter.

It’s a tough one. Points system the fairest but if you look at it from a business point of view, businesses die if they don’t both look after existing customers and create new ones. We are now ran by successful business people and they will be looking at it thinking all we do is look after existing customers and trying to work out the demand for a new stadium.

For the greater cause there might need to be some sacrifices.

There are already sacrifices, cherry tuesdays, less chance of getting your seat on an on sale day etc.

These existing customers are the ones that’ll be tying themselves down for years to come with season tickets when the new ground gets built. No point alienating them, particularly after thousands has been spent.

Reactions: DJ
There are already sacrifices, cherry tuesdays, less chance of getting your seat on an on sale day etc.

These existing customers are the ones that’ll be tying themselves down for years to come with season tickets when the new ground gets built. No point alienating them, particularly after thousands has been spent.
Does come across as very counter intuitive.

Alienate the exact supporters customers who have shown a history of going regularly and the exact target for new season tickets if they had been available… all to hunt supporters who may or may not go as regularly. Might see it as a 2 or 3 times a season thing, or just go against certain opposition.

If we're going to have a 14k capacity stadium maybe that would make sense.

Something larger? They need to know more people will part with cash.

;