Arsenal v AFC Bournemouth

No one played badly save, perhaps, whoever didn’t cover Luiz properly for the goal (not sure who is at fault for that but clearly someone switched off). But no one particularly excelled either - there was no spark of genius (on either side) leading to the creation of many clear cut chances. Just two plodding sides out there today, neither better than the other. So 1-1 or even 1-2 wouldn’t have been unreasonable. Almost a game that it’s not worth talking about save to note that we now play shoulder to shoulder against one of the supposed “top 6” clubs. Certainly not a game where you can say, for example “had Fraser started we’d have won” .. or some such nonsense.

Well maybe we don’t have enough points , or have family stuff , or work weekends , or simply can’t afford it every week ......
We’re all fans regardless and if they’re sheet we’ll say so and if they’re great we’ll say so .
UTCIAD

Maybe it’s a bit embarrassing that only just over a thousand can be bothered to go 100 miles up the road to see us play Arsenal in the Premier League.
Fcuk me - we used to take that many to Brentford.
Whinge all you like about work etc - but you know as well as I do that loads of Bournemouth fans find it all a bit too much trouble to support the team away.

Maybe it’s a bit embarrassing that only just over a thousand can be bothered to go 100 miles up the road to see us play Arsenal in the Premier League.
Whinge all you like about work etc - but you know as well as I do that loads of Bournemouth fans find it all a bit too much trouble to support the team away.
We sold out the allocation we asked for, according to the ticket site. Was that not the case?

The club said 2000 tickets had been sold and the allocation was sold out. They stopped selling a few weeks back and I know a few people who couldn't go as a result.

We nearly sold out Villa away, sold out against scum and Arsenal this season. We will sell out Watford and Spurs, obviously not Newcastle......that ain't bad mate.

He didn’t necessarily turn them down, VAR did and the Rico tackle definitely was NOT a penalty. In fact neither of them were, clearly from where I was sat. In the first half we had 2 fouls and he booked both of our players. Meanwhile. Xhaka was happily chopping our players down on a regular basis and he didn’t even talk to him. He was worse the second half. He was crap AND a Homer.

Well, he did turn them down, because he didn't give them and, going by previous examples, if he had var would've backed him up. Totally agree with you about Xhaka and I've thought from his very first game that Lerma has been targeted by refs with the encouragement of media commentators as his reputation preceded him.

Was rather expecting to see both Rico and Solanke acting like 9 year olds on the pitch given the stick they get on this forum. Being lucky enough to see the game on a stream I must say I thought they both put in an acceptable performance today, more so in the second half.

Well maybe we don’t have enough points , or have family stuff , or work weekends , or simply can’t afford it every week ......
We’re all fans regardless and if they’re sheet we’ll say so and if they’re great we’ll say so .
UTCIAD

Top Words..Oldskool...top words!

Something like this?

Rambo
Stacey S. Cook Ake Rico
Lerma Billing L.Cook
Fraser C.Wilson King
No one played badly save, perhaps, whoever didn’t cover Luiz properly for the goal (not sure who is at fault for that but clearly someone switched off). But no one particularly excelled either - there was no spark of genius (on either side) leading to the creation of many clear cut chances. Just two plodding sides out there today, neither better than the other. So 1-1 or even 1-2 wouldn’t have been unreasonable. Almost a game that it’s not worth talking about save to note that we now play shoulder to shoulder against one of the supposed “top 6” clubs. Certainly not a game where you can say, for example “had Fraser started we’d have won” .. or some such nonsense.
Callum Wilson was marking Luiz at corners.

1-0 win for a home side. one of footballs common results...best just forget it...if you dont score in 90 mins of football...you cant expect or deserve ought ..no matter who they are!
Just look forward now to the Cherries anihilating the carrot- crunching nomarks of East Anglia.....quite confident of that :unsure:

Maybe have a word with the club. I live about half an hour from the Emirates and would love to have been there supporting the lads but living where I do I can’t seem to build up enough points. As far as I’m aware the whole allocation was taken.

Maybe have a word with the club. I live about half an hour from the Emirates and would love to have been there supporting the lads but living where I do I can’t seem to build up enough points. As far as I’m aware the whole allocation was taken.
Am confused. I was in lower tier and there were stacks of football tourists around me. Certainly not AFCB fans. It certainly was not sold out either.

Am confused. I was in lower tier and there were stacks of football tourists around me. Certainly not AFCB fans. It certainly was not sold out either.

If all tickets were sold....it was sold out! Whether those people then don't make it to the game....thats down to them.

After 8 games

2015-16 - 15th, 8 points

2016-17 - 9th - 11 points

2017-18 - 19th - 4 points

2018-19 - 5th - 16 points

2019-20 - 10th - 11 points

I watched the game on an illegal stream with my dementia riddled Ma (who spent the first 25 years of her life a stones throw from the stadium). She said "I can see its a big stadium - are there as many Bormuff fans there as Arsenal?" "No Mum".

Just got back

First 25 minutes I thought it was going to be a repeat of last year, although for the third game this season a goal is conceeded via a deflection that Ramsdale had covered.

Rest of first half less concerned about Arsenal as an attacking force but we were so ineffective.

Harry Wilson virtually anonymous again although as usual when he made a couple of runs and got chopped down, no yellow cards, primarily Xhaka.

According to half time stats we had two fouls and two yellows - absolute joke.

Second half what a difference!

Two great chances before two minutes gone, maybe five chances in first ten minutes.

You just knew we were not going to score, after that.

Some great play but perhaps poor decision making. We need to shoot.

I have been appreciative of Solankes' linking in recent weeks, but jesus shoot man when you are in front of goal.

Same for Callum, when you are one and one, just slide it past the keeper. If you are going to go round him, at least shoot rather than pass. It was so frustrating.

However. Loads of positives second half.

Rico probably MoM today for me, especially second half.

Compared to Leicester away the effort from the whole team, was spot on.

Frustrated, yes.

Optimistic about direction of travel, definitely.

;