Arsenal v AFC Bournemouth

Yeah I’m not sure what many of you saw in the second half. Yes it was 1-0 but it was clearly one team that is miles behind the other. Not in talent but in....something. Pride? Competitiveness? Not sure but that looked more like an fa cup match between two leagues.

Didn’t understand the Francis for Stacey substitution. Stacey was up and down the wing and creating. I think we went 3 at the back?
Would have preferred Lewis Cook to feature somehow

Not a dig but I wonder if this was the problem. Thinking that beating Arsenal is "something very special" is the sort of thing that can lead to stagefright
This is why I get frustrated when some on here treat it as such as well. This is a very defensively inept Arsenal that have conceded two to Villa and been lucky to escape and two to Watford and were an open goal away to losing that one.

We still have half a fan base that jacks off at the thought of just walking out at the Emirates. We need to think like the team we are. I think we have as good a squad as Arsenal. As a club and a fan base we need to stop our ground size dictating the way we think. Way too much respect out there first half and the wrong formation picked for an away game against a footballing side.

Not sure I am buying what you are selling.

For one thing, luckily, our players are out there, not us, and hopefully they have much stronger psyches than most of us do, when it comes to the fears and opportunities (although, by the look of that first half, they sure did look very reluctant).

Also, after four visits of 2-0, 3-1, 3-0, and 5-1, I am sure that a point would have been "something special".

However, I had a win in mind, which would have taken us to 14 points, and as it happened, would have placed us in 5th position ahead of Arsenal, ManU and Tottenham after 20% of the season done. Would have to have been considered a high moment in time, no?

Okay, we were hopeless in the 1st half and possibly lucky not to be 2 or 3 down. But in the 2nd half we could easily have run out 3-1 winners if Solanke and Wilson had taken those 3 golden chances. They had a few chances, we had a few. Stick a man on the far post and it could've been 0-0, but if wishes were horses beggars would ride.

Yeah I’m not sure what many of you saw in the second half. Yes it was 1-0 but it was clearly one team that is miles behind the other. Not in talent but in....something. Pride? Competitiveness? Not sure but that looked more like an fa cup match between two leagues.
Utter rubbish.

I honestly don’t know which team you are suggesting is which .

The club said 2000 tickets had been sold and the allocation was sold out. They stopped selling a few weeks back and I know a few people who couldn't go as a result.

We nearly sold out Villa away, sold out against scum and Arsenal this season. We will sell out Watford and Spurs, obviously not Newcastle......that ain't bad mate.
Two **************** fans right in front of me. Had their shirt on and celebrated their goal.

Whoa. Chaps... we are not allowed to question Solanke on here. He is the next Ronaldo... I bet Christiano only scored 1 goal in his first 50 games. He just needs time remember....
Very Trumpesque. There's a whole thread dedicated to criticising him so you can read that and stop crying.

You know this is his preferred position?

And...he's just had
Not sure I am buying what you are selling.

For one thing, luckily, our players are out there, not us, and hopefully they have much stronger psyches than most of us do, when it comes to the fears and opportunities (although, by the look of that first half, they sure did look very reluctant).

Also, after four visits of 2-0, 3-1, 3-0, and 5-1, I am sure that a point would have been "something special".

However, I had a win in mind, which would have taken us to 14 points, and as it happened, would have placed us in 5th position ahead of Arsenal, ManU and Tottenham after 20% of the season done. Would have to have been considered a high moment in time, no?

I think we are talking different subjects. All points in the premier league are sacred we are agreed on that and yes, it would have been special to get one today after our run of results.

What I am saying is I sometimes think we play like we are beat at certain grounds from the off. Arsenal being one of them. Maybe in previous seasons there has been a mismatch but not this year... so why the awe? Eddie said the same after the match. I also don’t think it helps when you have a fan base some of which are also still in awe, think we should just accept any players poor performance because we are not playing Bury and spend the game singing about coming from league two.

The management then need to play a five man midfield so as to compete in these sort of fixtures.

Time for an attitude change on and off the pitch when it comes to big away days. Arsenal are not the team they were, we saw that second half. Man U certainly aren’t and lost to an abject Newcastle side today, Brighton hammered Spurs and Wolves won at the Ethiad.. We would have probably lost those games but it would have been fine for the usual suspects on here because we weren’t playing Rochdale and we should remember our place.

******************************** to that. Time to take it to all teams again.

Very Trumpesque. There's a whole thread dedicated to criticising him so you can read that and stop crying.

The only crying I do watching him Rob is sorrow at his attempts to shoot harder than my 12 year old while picking up his multi million salary. And talking about Trumpesque you want to control what I read and think I shouldn’t show emotion as a man? ;)

I thought a good turn out today and not many gaps. Nice to see so many people sitting down. If only all `away games were like that.

Maybe it’s a bit embarrassing that only just over a thousand can be bothered to go 100 miles up the road to see us play Arsenal in the Premier League.
Fcuk me - we used to take that many to Brentford.
Whinge all you like about work etc - but you know as well as I do that loads of Bournemouth fans find it all a bit too much trouble to support the team away.
Well that is certainly a case with some - and I remember the days of amazement when we took more than one coach to away games !!!!

Time for an attitude change on and off the pitch when it comes to big away days. Arsenal are not the team they were, we saw that second half. Man U certainly aren’t and lost to an abject Newcastle side today, Brighton hammered Spurs and Wolves won at the Ethiad.. We would have probably lost those games but it would have been fine for the usual suspects on here because we weren’t playing Rochdale and we should remember our place.

******** to that. Time to take it to all teams again.

You can spin it all you like Neil...small club / ground syndrome etc but Arsenal have only lost four PL games at home in the last three seasons. They are historically strong at home and today they were no different.

Wolves winning at City means naff all -Brighton beating spurs means naff all - Newcastle beating Man U means naff all other than opening the league up..

I'm not sure why you keep using other results as a comparison to beat yourself up with.... we have beaten all of these teams apart from city..

I think we are talking different subjects. All points in the premier league are sacred we are agreed on that and yes, it would have been special to get one today after our run of results.

What I am saying is I sometimes think we play like we are beat at certain grounds from the off. Arsenal being one of them. Maybe in previous seasons there has been a mismatch but not this year... so why the awe? Eddie said the same after the match. I also don’t think it helps when you have a fan base some of which are also still in awe, think we should just accept any players poor performance because we are not playing Bury and spend the game singing about coming from league two.

The management then need to play a five man midfield so as to compete in these sort of fixtures.

******** to that. Time to take it to all teams again.

Maybe. I interpreted your earlier post as saying that "we" the supporters have the wrong attitude when it comes to the big teams (I have heard of the cloth cap set but now we have the "jack off" crew. As much as I would dearly love to get over there for a game, not sure I want to see that!!).

My point is that "our" attitude as fans has very little to do with how the players/management approach a match. We live and die with every good play and miscue ... most players are far beyond that. We write posts about reaching mathematical goals and analysing obscure stats. I doubt that players view the game that way. And, if fact, I doubt if young internationals like Billing, Danjuma or Lerma could even tell you about buckets of coins or Matty Holland in tears.

However, I think we are all in agreement that this team has plenty of skill, but are missing consistency. Someone else said we are still only playing at about 60%. I get that, and if the answer is a change in attitude among the players/management, sure, why not.

;