Asmir Begovic

What I would like to see with our goalkeepers is the odd quick ball downfield for our faster players, of which we have a few.

Element of surprise, instead of our known slow build up from the back.

Just now on BBC Sport Transfer News

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/46998379

Posted at 8:568:56
Begovic to listen to offers - reports
Transfer gossip
Bournemouth's Bosnia goalkeeper Asmir Begovic, 31, is reportedly open to offers from other Premier League clubs.
Begovic has been a mainstay in the Cherries side this year, making 23 appearances so far, but he was dropped for Artur Boruc in the recent victory over West Ham.

Surely no substance in this. You get dropped for the first time in about 50 premier league games and want to move clubs?

However it does sound like Boruc is going to be given a run of games.

Surely no substance in this. You get dropped for the first time in about 50 premier league games and want to move clubs?

However it does sound like Boruc is going to be given a run of games.

Boruc is by far the better shot-stopper, so maybe having him in sticks for the upcoming Chelsea game will be no bad thing...

He was clearly in a very good mood during and after the game. I don't think Ive ever seen him stay on the pitch with the rest of the team before...

Boruc is by far the better shot-stopper, so maybe having him in sticks for the upcoming Chelsea game will be no bad thing...

He was clearly in a very good mood during and after the game. I don't think Ive ever seen him stay on the pitch with the rest of the team before...

He did have a tendency to rush down the tunnel didn’t he. I’m 50/50, Begovic’s form has been terrible but I thinj Boruc has a tendency to lose his head and is less consistent.

Some website or other yesterday decided that as he'd been dropped for a game that other clubs might be interested, now suddenly it's escalated. They mentioned Man City as no backup keeper right now, if they were seriously interested then obviously he might fancy trying to get another medal for playing 15 minutes, but I think it's utter gubbins, or he saw the Poll on here. Agents talk perhaps, but very damaging to his reputation if so, makes him look super petty

Boruc obviously isn't a long term number 1 for us.
It would be very odd for Beogvic to throw toys out the pram after one game.

Pinch of salt required to this story I would think.

Regardless of the validity of this story, I actually think Begovic looks exactly like the type of person that would throw his toys out the pram after being dropped...

Not bashing the guy at all, just seems a tad too serious, all the time..

That's quite a stark stat, Al. Didn't realise that.

If it is true (and that's a colossal if) it's hard to say they're all his fault. If you're being made to look like the worst keeper in the league by constant poor defending (Everton aside) then maybe it makes a bit of sense.

I'd be surprised, though. Toys out of the pram springs to mind.

badkeeper?

Are you out there?

giphy.gif

;