Asmir Begovic

He doesn't seem the type to take a pay cut. Believes in his own mythology. Went right off him the moment he abused our ball boy - and I think Eddie did too.

He doesn't seem the type to take a pay cut. Believes in his own mythology. Went right off him the moment he abused our ball boy - and I think Eddie did too.
I agree. It’s not about whether or not I believe he can ever recover his form for us, I just no longer like the guy. Having a valid contract is not reason enough to be able to get behind and support someone, for me at least ! An AFCB contracted di*k is still a di*k.

I agree. It’s not about whether or not I believe he can ever recover his form for us, I just no longer like the guy. Having a valid contract is not reason enough to be able to get behind and support someone, for me at least ! An AFCB contracted di*k is still a di*k.

agreed. I'd rather get jon smeulders back, he's usually available whenever we need him.

Well if Begovic goes we will need another top class keeper to push Travers or cover for him. I've a feeling we will get a new number 1 in , I don't think Travers has enough league experience, at least Ramsdale spent time at Wimbledon which was a great learning curve for him.
Travers will start 100%

If we are looking at signing a player for around £2m from the lower leagues on low wages to battle it out for the no. 1 spot with a kid who's played only 3 games, both considered ahead of Begovic, why on earth do we think someone is going to pay him £65,000pw to play for them let alone give us any money?

If we are looking at signing a player for around £2m from the lower leagues on low wages to battle it out for the no. 1 spot with a kid who's played only 3 games, both considered ahead of Begovic, why on earth do we think someone is going to pay him £65,000pw to play for them let alone give us any money?
Although TBF, if they don't read this forum, they may believe he would be starting for us. In fact, none of us even know where Begovic currently sits in the pecking order at GK.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement is it ? You would think even on "normal" wages, the simple fact that we are whoring him around having just sold our first choice keeper would tell potential suitors all they needed to know about how good he is. I can see us having to pay him for doing naff all this season, unfortunately.

;