Away To Saints

Thanks MB1980.
Yes It was a long break...not my decision !

A lot has happened.. I was shocked and upset at Gary's departure.. but on reflection with time to think and reading about the new guys reputation.. if it means a move away from 'fear football' .. ...which incidentally, is played most of the time by All other than MC....then we can look forward to his tenure with positivity.

Foley is, it seems, a 'mover and shaker' so it won't be boring, which suits me perfectly.

I can remember you getting particularly 'edgy' in the build up to your break and imagine that a particular 'non' thread forced the admins into taking action...

Yeah I think most feel for GON and he'll always be remembered for the incredible achievement, but imo it was the right decision (even though it may not work out of course as there are no guarantees!).

I'm intending nipping over to Home Park on 19th August to watch Argyle beat South Hampton....and maybe wind up a few of their bods....I've got a couple of Boscombe and Pompey badges I can pin on a hat....sit and wait for em to pour into the Brittannia pub ( Spoons) ...jubbly !

Saints achieved something that we never have...if my research is correct.
WE have NEVER finished Bottom of ANY league....just 2nd or 3rd from bottom on the occasions of our relegations...since entering the Football League in 1923.
Interesting FACT Brian.
Welcome back BTW. Try and stay on the right side of the line!
:grinning:

I bumped into my two Saints acquaintances yesterday , first time since April....brothers ...Matt, plays for our local club..the other Al, his wife is my hair barber.
I put my arms round them both and expressed how terribly sorry I am that their club is on a major slide...and how I feel guilty that the Cherries are on the verge of something stupendous !
I rattled on in that mode for an hour or so while we supped a couple of pints ...whereupon I offered to get a round in ...
Matt said, " No thanks Bri.. I think we would like you to F√ck Off now and perhaps not see too much of you for the coming season"....but then surprisingly Al piped up with. "But we might try and catch a few of the Cherries PL games on the telly to keep topped up and in touch with some decent football"..
I was quite touched by that...and sprung off merilly ...

....oh when the Saints go marching in.....I wanna be in that...
Well maybe not.

Surely it makes more sense for Southampton to increase the away allocation than risk away fans in the home sections? The blocks adjacent to the away end are not being sold to home fans, so it would be easy to do.

On the subject of them up the road, I’d like to see James Ward-Prowse in a red & black kit next season.

Anyone else?

On the subject of them up the road, I’d like to see James Ward-Prowse in a red & black kit next season.

Anyone else?

Wouldn't say no, but expect he'll move to a villa or Newcastle.

Surprised to read Fulham were in for him recently though.

Expect he'll command at least 100k pw and 40 or 50 mill fee which is out of range, particularly given ffp.

Woukd like to see it though, imagine the rage from our friends up the road.

Has anybody/everybody received their Saints away tickets yet? I ordered on 1st day of sale, but have not received yet.

;