Away To Saints

Did I read it right, they are referring to us as rivals? They wish. I don’t go to friendlies so I didn’t buy a ticket but I have a small degree of disappointment about that now.

Last edited:

"...in the 1970's, 80's and 90's Saints would regularly travel down to what was then called Dean Court to either raise funds for their latest money issues or for testimonials for one of their players."

:clap::lol::wahey:

5k home tickets sold apparently. This could be hilarious.
I kind of get their frustration to be honest but it’s missing the fact that you normally play someone near you if it’s a domestic friendly because why travel? Hence when we were crap why we used to start with Ringwood and work our way up to Weymouth! We’d normally lose that one and be convinced the season was over before it began with all the bed wetters writing to the echo about lack of quality signings.

Plus ca change plus c’est la meme chose… as the French say!

I kind of get their frustration to be honest but it’s missing the fact that you normally play someone near you if it’s a domestic friendly because why travel? Hence when we were crap why we used to start with Ringwood and work our way up to Weymouth! We’d normally lose that one and be convinced the season was over before it began with all the bed wetters writing to the echo about lack of quality signings.

Plus ca change plus c’est la meme chose… as the French say!
And Rush I'll have you know!

Clearly the judgement of the saints board to hold a friendly vs us has to be questioned but they will probably respond and say that have doubled the income by inviting afcb fans to a post relegation party

They claim to be boycutting us - and who can blame them - but it also says that they have sold even fewer tickets for the game vs Alkmaar.
With the amount of apathy evident at St Marys at present they are likely to get their wish for a derby with Pompey the following season, unless Pompey manage to leapfrog them. That would be proper fun.

They claim to be boycutting us - and who can blame them - but it also says that they have sold even fewer tickets for the game vs Alkmaar.
With the amount of apathy evident at St Marys at present they are likely to get their wish for a derby with Pompey the following season, unless Pompey manage to leapfrog them. That would be proper fun.
Apathy? 24500 season ticket sales. They should be our fans by now

I’m taking a bucket… it’s only fair.. I’m sure all Bournemouth fans will chuck a tenner in.

Then I’m going to stick it behind the bar in the away end so we can drink it and sing about them playing Plymouth even louder…
There will likely be note
Are we helping them out?
there will be more Bournemouth fans than Saints so you will be singing at empty seats- to have to endure endless piss taking for 90 minutes against a club that most saints fans see as a sort of annoying younger brother is not worth the misery.
Good luck to Bournemouth and it’s a shame for your fans that this will be a dull affair and a bit of an anti climax. You cannot create a rivalry when one half is simply not bothered.
Having said that most right minded Saints fans recognise that Bournemouth and Brighton are the 2 main teams now on the south coast.
I think tomorrow night will be a defining moment in the sense that you will be met with a deafening silence and even Bompey fans may just come to the realisation that there is no rivalry to be found here!
Maybe try Brighton!

;