Back him or sack him?

Back, sack or….(not crack)

• Back him

Votes: 54 50.0%
  • Sack him

Votes: 54 50.0%

• Total voters
Third option of having him placed in wooden stocks and paraded around Bournemouth so rotten fruit and veg can be flung at him

That’s my view. Dont waste money unless clear return on investment potential. Tavernier is a good signing from this point of view whereas Philips at £15m wouldnt.

Promotion gives us a real chance to balance the books, enable max to get a bit of money back or at least stop further loans and get some infrastructure in place.

Yesterday was a nightmare but with Kelly in defence and liverpool not being embarrassed at old Trafford it would not have been 9-0

Question is more for me should Parker resign or stay if he thinks he hasn’t the tools. I think resign to keep his reputation intact .

Didn't resign from Fulham, though, and the situation was kind of similar. He moaned at the owners over lack of funds to buy better players, saying they were only ever going to be a yoyo club. Here we are again. He's moaning about the same thing. Maybe he's a yoyo manager. Maybe he just needs to be more philosophical and do the best he can with the resources he has rather than winging. It could be the making of him and our squad.

Although I’ve long thought that he is not for us and we’re certainly not for him I would’ve said back him after the game, now I’ve seen his post match comments he’s got to go, not impressed with that at all.

It's so bad. The players aren't allowed to offload to the media, yet he can. Imagine if a player said "Well, we can be successful but our coach and his team aren't at the level required. We need more help and expertise"? The player would be pushed out. If Parker wants the big money, he's going to have to make a decent job of managing and coaching our squad before any wealthier teams hire him.

Didn't resign from Fulham, though, and the situation was kind of similar. He moaned at the owners over lack of funds to buy better players, saying they were only ever going to be a yoyo club. Here we are again. He's moaning about the same thing. Maybe he's a yoyo manager. Maybe he just needs to be more philosophical and do the best he can with the resources he has rather than winging. It could be the making of him and our squad.
Or maybe he’s not good enough to coach players and make them better

Parker must have been hurt, embarrassed, frustrated and p!ssed off with himself and the team. He didn't own up to his failure and concede that we have been far too negative in the past 3 games and absolutely bottled it against the big boys.

We saw AJ lose his head, lose the plot after a soul destroying defeat to Uszyk, it is best to stay away from the media after that. BUT if he did people would be having a go at him, calling him a coward.

What I don't like is Parker's tone sounding hopeless. I said in another post it could be an act or it could be psychological:bs:.

What worries me is the body language of some players like Kieffer Moore & Travers and how they don't seem to have the same belief as they did against Villa and look frustrated. Hopefully there is a positive reaction from all this.

I still back Parker. 3 points from the first 4 fixtures is a great return, even if the last 3 performances have been pure :poop:. Eddie Howe went through spells of losing 4 or 5 on a bounce, even in our promotion seasons. Quite a lot of people were saying "Howe out" during his blips here.

We need to really get behind the team and Parker, if he can't lift the players by himself, then the fans can help, albeit our support was fantastic at Anfield and we were still :poop: from start to finish.

If Wolves spank us by 3 or 4 goals (which is quite possible) then the Forest game will be a must win. If we are on 6 points after Forest that is good enough form to stay up and most acknowledge we are favourites to go down and finish 20th.

I'm usually slow to advocate a manager or coaching change, because I believe that in any sport, there are very few "difference-maker" managers or coaches. HOWEVER, the coach making public comments that seem destined to destroy the self-belief of the players is extremely unusual. I have thought AFCB probably have enough players to stay up. They have so far gained all the points they could be expected to gain, but the last three games do look like they are on a rocket sled to relegation.

I don't think any team can win in the Premier League (or really any league) without self-belief. In fact, I think that's a prerequisite to good performance in almost any endeavor. I think we'll know what we need to know after the game against Wolves. Absent a performance on par with what they put together against Villa, Parker should be gone.

Maybe totally wrong but I sensed he didn’t have enough control at Fulham but at afcb he would have more influence….not sure if it has panned out like that?

Unfortunately Parker’s negative comments undermine him.
If the strategy is for the longer term aims of the club then no one seems to have informed him.
If…if….Scotters feels he’s been misled by the board he might voluntarily leave.
Personally losing to Arsenal, Man City & Liverpool is what I’d expect.
He needs to now be fully informed of what the board strategy is. If he agrees to it then he should cut the negativity and be given a chance.
If we beat Wolves I’ll bet all of this speculation will suddenly die down.
One thing we do need to sack though are those bloody awful stripes he’s wearing.
They give me the willies…

If the strategy is for the longer term aims of the club then no one seems to have informed him.
He needs to now be fully informed of what the board strategy is. If he agrees to it then he should cut the negativity and be given a chance.
One thing we do need to sack though are those bloody awful stripes he’s wearing.

I fear even if we beat Wolves, it won't make this go away because it'll happen again after the next bad patch.

I’m of the opinion you don’t over react after events like yesterday and sacking him would be a bit of a dumb knee-jerk reaction and mad timing with 4 days of the transfer window still available to strengthen. But the defeatism and negative mentality is only going to harm the team’s chances and we need an urgent change of atmosphere and attitude, that we’re not going to get just from some new signings.
I would back him for now, but would like to see us set up.to have a go.

Good results make all flak go away. I've been deeply unimpressed by Parker this season so far but a few wins in the next few games will certainly keep the criticism away. He's made it more difficult for himself though that's for sure.

;