Ben Pearson

He was excellent last night. Was exactly what we needed to get under the skin of Norwich who were playing some delightful stuff in the opening 15 minutes.

I know we give our illustrious leaders at the club a very hard time but whoever identified Pearson as the player we needed to bring in during the January window was absolutely spot on.

Once he got into the team he made a massive difference. He seemed to bring a brilliant attitude with him too. He knew we were struggling at the time but he never gave a hint of regretting his decision to come here, he was always very positive about his move and his ambition to help us to promotion and to finally play in the PL. He was barely through the door when the manager who signed him was fired.
He just took it in his stride and set about working his way into the team.

Just a really, really important signing for us, so somebody at the club did a great job to identify and secure him. It may still not result in promotion but signing him definitely helped us get back into playoff contention, so credit where it's due.

I know we give our illustrious leaders at the club a very hard time but whoever identified Pearson as the player we needed to bring in during the January window was absolutely spot on.

Once he got into the team he made a massive difference. He seemed to bring a brilliant attitude with him too. He knew we were struggling at the time but he never gave a hint of regretting his decision to come here, he was always very positive about his move and his ambition to help us to promotion and to finally play in the PL. He was barely through the door when the manager who signed him was fired.
He just took it in his stride and set about working his way into the team.

Just a really, really important signing for us, so somebody at the club did a great job to identify and secure him. It may still not result in promotion but signing him definitely helped us get back into playoff contention, so credit where it's due.
Well suspect its Eddie's mate and the guy ridiculed on here, Richard hughes

I knew absolutely nothing about him before he signed. (Pretty normal for me!) However I am impressed with his performances and consider him an excellent addition to the squad. Well done BP!

Well suspect its Eddie's mate and the guy ridiculed on here, Richard hughes

Maybe the same could be said re who appointed JW as our manager after other names had been mentioned.

Be interesting if we have a good end to the season and either just miss out on the play-offs or if we did get promoted if JW gets the job.

As for Pearson just passes the ball around and doesn’t seem to lose it too much.

Real important cog in the engine room.

Pearson still looks to me like the missing jigsaw piece from earlier in the season.

Disclaimer: I am in no way crediting JT on his signing or suggesting we may have performed better under him with Pearson in the side as that is NOT allowed and would clearly be rewriting history. Hope that's Ok with you Neil? :thumbup:

Is it just me? or does this whole Wilshere for home games and Pearson for away games sit well? I really struggle to see how we can sit Pearson out atm.

Pirloson last night. Trots around finding little pockets of space on the ball and looks extremely comfortable in possession which brings a nice calm about proceedings.
Keeps the tempo of play going nicely, a kin to Surman I would say, and looks to play the ball forward early.Every team needs one!
I suspect the system we play suits him very well and he looks like he’s enjoying it.

I've griped for years about our weakness in midfield ... has Pearson now provided a solution? He's a DMF but has added talents - he can hold the ball and turn, and plays short and long, usually accurately. Alongside Lerma he's made the midfield much stronger, so that we not only feed the forwards but also protect the back four. Have the feeling he could operate at a higher level too - our key acquisition of the past 12 months.

Ben Pearson had his best game for our club last night.

His passing was not just the short layoffs we have seen in recent games, against Millwall the were again accurate most of the time and had more ‘punch’ and longer passes.

He really looks a confident and good signing.

...having Ben and Jeff in the middle means that Phil Bill has the licence to get forward and this has paid off so well...I would say that Ben,Phil and Danjuma are key to us getting promoted in their current form...

...having Ben and Jeff in the middle means that Phil Bill has the licence to get forward and this has paid off so well...I would say that Ben,Phil and Danjuma are key to us getting promoted in their current form...
I think they also allow the full backs to push on a bit more aswell

;