Ben Pearson

Yeah he's fully in the pocket either providing a steady backbeat on drums or dropping back to cover in defence whenever Cook decides to go on one of his unhinged glory runs.

Beard adjacent sidenote: unfortunately Dave Lee Travis did some bad things in the 70s, otherwise I would suggest "The Hairy Cornflake" as a nickname for our Ben.

Here's Ben and his band with one of their biggest hits. Interesting to see how Ben the drummer is similar in style to Ben the DMF.

Solid, does the simple things well, no flashy tricks or solos, just keeps things ticking over nicely.

Would be interesting to hear the opinion of our very own international ace drummer, Def, on Ben's drumming technique.

In the meantime, I give you the classic Bad Moon Rising

Here's Ben and his band with one of their biggest hits. Interesting to see how Ben the drummer is similar in style to Ben the DMF.

Solid, does the simple things well, no flashy tricks or solos, just keeps things ticking over nicely.

Would be interesting to hear the opinion of our very own international ace drummer, Def, on Ben's drumming technique.

In the meantime, I give you the classic Bad Moon Rising

Brilliant song, does all it needs to in a couple of minutes, nothing wasted. They did do some great stuff

and our much derided recruitment team

Kris mentioned in commentary he was being touted not so long ago for circa £8m, yet we managed to get him on a free

he's been outstanding, put in sharp focus by his absence on Saturday

perhaps Hughes isn't as useless as some would have you believe?

and our much derided recruitment team

Kris mentioned in commentary he was being touted not so long ago for circa £8m, yet we managed to get him on a free

he's been outstanding, put in sharp focus by his absence on Saturday

perhaps Hughes isn't as useless as some would have you believe?

Amazed we got him on a free. Incredible if true.

Scouting players tends to go on for a couple of years in most cases. Chances are CCV and Pearson would have been on a list of potential targets if relegated dated back to when Howe was in charge.

The Riquelme transfer appeared opportunistic so I doubt as much background knowledge was behind that one.

I personally haven’t watched an awful lot of championship football prior to this season over the past few years, but for anyone who did, it was basically unanimous that he was the best CDM in the division over this time.

Obviously all players need to be looked at throughly, but let’s remember he hasn’t been plucked from nowhere, unlike Riqueleme who I highly doubt we will be signing in the summer

Pearlo and CCV.......JT certainly had an eye for a player.....oh well.
Shame his job was to manage the team, not to head up recruitment. Even Woodgate has managed to get this group firing in the championship, JT was massively out of his depth, get over it.

Shame his job was to manage the team, not to head up recruitment. Even Woodgate has managed to get this group firing in the championship, JT was massively out of his depth, get over it.
Lol you really can't bear for JT to get any praise can you......don't know how anyone would be that bitter about someone who gave us 20 years of service......plenty of people on here thought he wasn't the right man for the job but apart from you and one other poster they all at least wanted him to do well.
Also i think you'll find that all managers are judged on their signings tbf.

Lol you really can't bear for JT to get any praise can you......don't know how anyone would be that bitter about someone who gave us 20 years of service......plenty of people on here thought he wasn't the right man for the job but apart from you and one other poster they all at least wanted him to do well.

Plus wheels came off when both danjuma and Stan out injured while brooks, form dipped

Managed the team to the top of the table without CCV and Pearson who he signed.
Who cares where we were at one point? It’s the course of the season that matters, don’t you people realise that? The last Bristol city manager had them top at one point, is he a great manager too? We were dropping like a stone under him and you can count on one hand the number of decent performances.

That comment about not wanting him to do well is absolute tosh, revisit my posts from earlier in the season and you will see that I gave him every chance. But no, you ignore this because it doesn’t suit your narrative. Where do you get off telling me what I wanted anyway? How are you able to know this? I’m interested to know, do I want us to be successful under Woodgate? You are clearly better placed than me to answer this.

;