Brerton Diaz

Going to be tough to compete with Nice and Everton. Nice owned by INEOS, so assume have decent money to tempt him... assume they're paying Ramsey and Schmeical a very healthy wage. Cote D'Azure, beautiful part of the world, but Diaz may prefer to stay in England.

So apparently 8.5 mill is what Nice have offered, given he's in last year of contract I guess theres a good chance they may accept, or perhaps may need to stretch a little further... not bad value imo. So worth us going in for him at that price. I imagine Nice will offer him a very healthy signing on fee and wage to secure his signature, as would be getting him for less than Blackburn could usually hold out for. A chance they may gamble on keeping him in the hope he'll assist getting them promoted, but I don;t they will take the chance like they did with Rothwell again. Plus Diaz worth a lot more than Rothwell, so stand to 'lose' much more should he stay and move on for free next summer.

Going to be tough to compete with Nice and Everton. Nice owned by INEOS, so assume have decent money to tempt him... assume they're paying Ramsey and Schmeical a very healthy wage. Cote D'Azure, beautiful part of the world, but Diaz may prefer to stay in England.

So apparently 8.5 mill is what Nice have offered, given he's in last year of contract I guess theres a good chance they may accept, or perhaps may need to stretch a little further... not bad value imo. So worth us going in for him at that price. I imagine Nice will offer him a very healthy signing on fee and wage to secure his signature, as would be getting him for less than Blackburn could usually hold out for. A chance they may gamble on keeping him in the hope he'll assist getting them promoted, but I don;t they will take the chance like they did with Rothwell again. Plus Diaz worth a lot more than Rothwell, so stand to 'lose' much more should he stay and move on for free next summer.
Lovely part of the world but I think the attraction would be PL football. The state that Everton are in and having flogged Richarlison then I'd expect him to be a regular starter. That would probably sway Everton over us.

Our language must be a bit confusing to foreigners, especially with three different meanings for to, too and two.

Confusion? They are three different words. The three are simply pronounced the same way (homophones).
The context will provide the meaning; two went to Poole too.

Seems an updated story from the French newspaper looking at the date.

OGC Nice are optimistic in winning the race to sign Blackburn Rovers striker Ben Brereton Diaz, with Everton and Leeds United also interested in the Championship superstar.

According to L’Equipe, the French side are growing in confidence that they can sign Brereton Diaz despite Premier League interest in the Chilean international, with the 23-year-old last year enjoying his best season to date at club level as Blackburn narrowly missed out on the Championship play-offs.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/08/...ds-could-now-miss-out-on-20m-signing-to-nice/

;