Brerton Diaz

As for Diaz, would love him. Everton have got big money issues apparently, so not sure how much they would be paying him. But, I'll be surprised if we get him.

Going to be tough to compete with Nice and Everton. Nice owned by INEOS, so assume have decent money to tempt him... assume they're paying Ramsey and Schmeical a very healthy wage. Cote D'Azure, beautiful part of the world, but Diaz may prefer to stay in England.

So apparently 8.5 mill is what Nice have offered, given he's in last year of contract I guess theres a good chance they may accept, or perhaps may need to stretch a little further... not bad value imo. So worth us going in for him at that price. I imagine Nice will offer him a very healthy signing on fee and wage to secure his signature, as would be getting him for less than Blackburn could usually hold out for. A chance they may gamble on keeping him in the hope he'll assist getting them promoted, but I don;t they will take the chance like they did with Rothwell again. Plus Diaz worth a lot more than Rothwell, so stand to 'lose' much more should he stay and move on for free next summer.

Jim Ratcliffe now being linked with Manchester United.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...xpresses-interest-in-buying-manchester-united

Blackburn Rovers manager after the defeat at Reading talking to Lancashire Live.

What's the latest with Ben Brereton Diaz and the bid made?

There is always speculation surrounding him, I am always talking about him. He is a good boy and he is a quality player. As I have said many times, if there is a bid, it is the amount of the bid. He would cost £30m in my eye (later clarifies that was a joke).

Was Ben made aware of the bid?

The boy, let him focus on football. He is trying hard to do his best, he has been brilliant so far. It was not an excellent game for him but plenty of players did not perform. It was not to do with the bid, let him focus on football.

Our language must be a bit confusing to foreigners, especially with three different meanings for to, too and two.

https://www.daytranslations.com/blog/different-meanings/
Of course there's three different meanings they are three different words with three different spellings! I know you could win prizes for stating the bleeding obvious Billy but many people could do with revisiting this most basic of English lessons.

Of course there's three different meanings they are three different words with three different spellings! I know you could win prizes for stating the bleeding obvious Billy but many people could do with revisiting this most basic of English lessons.

Personal favourites of mine.

"I brought it from the shop"
"I was bitten by an insect so I itched my arm"
"I aksed a question"
"We was going"

Maybe I am just not down with the kids anymore.

;