Brett Pitman

The guy was the best natural goal scorer I have ever seen. Good aerially, from distance, poaching and two footed.

The fact that his languid style irritated the small vocal group of our Fanbase that just like people that charge about enthusiastically made him even more of an idol in my book.

After seeing Brett play for us in his younger days and after scoring freely for the youth side, including a few hat-tricks, thought he might have gone all the way.

Things didn’t seem to work out for him with some of his moves to other clubs and the highest league he reached was the Championship.

Now in his 30’s, how the years have rolled on.

True, although the few minutes we saw Yann in the PL were actually pretty painful to watch. This way we can imagine he might have done it rather than having to face the likely reality.

That's said with huge love and respect for the talents of both mentioned players. Two of the most skillful ever in an AFCB shirt considering the level they both achieved at.

The guy was the best natural goal scorer I have ever seen. Good aerially, from distance, poaching and two footed.

The fact that his languid style irritated the small vocal group of our Fanbase that just like people that charge about enthusiastically made him even more of an idol in my book.

He could also be relied upon to take the ball into the corner, and keep it there, to kill time at the end of a game.

I still wish Eddie had convinced him to stay until January in the first Premier League Season. When Callum got injured he would have got his chance, and I believe he would have got a goal or two in the top flight.

Agree 100%

If we ever get a new stadium, one of the prawn sandwich lounges (or something) should be named after him.
If we ever get a new training ground / academy, some building there should be named after him. What better way to mark the opening of an academy than by naming a bit of it after arguably the best youth product we've ever produced.

If we ever get a new stadium, one of the prawn sandwich lounges (or something) should be named after him.
If we ever get a new training ground / academy, some building there should be named after him. What better way to mark the opening of an academy than by naming a bit of it after arguably the best youth product we've ever produced.

Amen to that. The "Brett Pitman High-Performance Cardio Suite", it would be sublime.

Amen again, and Hallelujah! Best natural goalscorer we've ever seen really and a club legend that helped get us up to the Prem. Shame he couldn't stay and play a bit. As others have said, he would have scored goals. I really wish him well for the future and hope he continues to score many more...

In some ways I am pleased he decided to leave when we got to the PL. I honestly don't think he would have been a success there. At times he struggled in the Championship - 5 goals in 34 apps the first season, second season was better with Kermogant and Wilson and a very attack minded set up to help him out.
great player overall for us though, couldn't understand why Pompey kept leaving him out.

True, although the few minutes we saw Yann in the PL were actually pretty painful to watch. This way we can imagine he might have done it rather than having to face the likely reality.

That's said with huge love and respect for the talents of both mentioned players. Two of the most skillful ever in an AFCB shirt considering the level they both achieved at.

Yann was injured and tried to play when we needed him.

I still struggle that we kept Rantie in Prem, signed Tomlin but released two better players than them (although not anywhere near as good as what we have had since)

Yann was injured and tried to play when we needed him.

I still struggle that we kept Rantie in Prem, signed Tomlin but released two better players than them (although not anywhere near as good as what we have had since)
Yann himself admitted he hadn't worked hard enough pre season to justify his place, don't think injury had anything to do with it. That first game against Villa he was awful and it went downhill from there. shame really as he was brilliant in the Championship.

;