Bristol City

Ive only read what he said, so can’t judge the tone of voice or the question asked for that response but… if you’re in the middle of a negotiation, being overly positive about someone else’s player is never a good look. Come over positive that it’ll definitely happen makes the opposition think that eventually we’ll pay up whatever valuation they’ve put on him.

I have no idea if any of the above fits this exact scenario, just a general musing.
If he had been asked about a specific player I’d be more inclined to agree, he was just talking about signings in general though. I’m pretty sure he was just answering the question honestly.

Crying? Despairing would be a more accurate description. It doesn’t need a season to kick off for me to form an opinion on the leadership at this football club. What id love to be is in a position to change my opinion when the season kicks off.
Come off it, you've been 'despairing' / 'disparaging' about them even last season, but that didn't help change your mind. When we were doing well you blamed them for not keeping Eddie, and now we've lost a pre-season friendly you're carrying on where you left off.

And I can see its might not be a season where we win more than lose, so you'll be able to enjoy berating what they do.

Crying? Despairing would be a more accurate description. It doesn’t need a season to kick off for me to form an opinion on the leadership at this football club. What id love to be is in a position to change my opinion when the season kicks off.

To put it simply though it’s the same leadership that’s got us back into the PL? The same leadership that got us promoted after the usual ‘if you don’t go straight back up the first season of coming down you’ll struggle to.’

The championship and league one are littered with clubs that have graced the premier league, got relegated and plummeted like a stone or stood still.

The club is punching WELL above it’s weight. What’s the huge issue?
I’m genuinely struggling…..

Parker says that we are not currently close to any signings. All Tavernier will do at the moment is ease some of the pressure on the Boro midfield
And you really think Parker's going to say to the Echo. " yeah, we are currently bending Gibson and Wilder over for their best player, we are also stealing Mark Robins goalkeeper and pretending to not be interested in Nat Phillips , but do me a favour and keep it under wraps."

To put it simply though it’s the same leadership that’s got us back into the PL? The same leadership that got us promoted after the usual ‘if you don’t go straight back up the first season of coming down you’ll struggle to.’

The championship and league one are littered with clubs that have graced the premier league, got relegated and plummeted like a stone or stood still.

I agree with a lot of that but the club isn’t punching WELL above it’s weight other than in a historical sense . The league is so unbalanced now on account of the parachute payments we are by almost all financial standards a BIG club . I think some posters are saying we act a bit tinpot in other regards .
I’m not an expert on other PL clubs chief execs but I’m pretty sure they don’t have the same CV as ours .

I agree with a lot of that but the club isn’t punching WELL above it’s weight other than in a historical sense . The league is so unbalanced now on account of the parachute payments we are by almost all financial standards a BIG club . I think some posters are saying we act a bit tinpot in other regards .
Agree the payments make us a BIG club outside the Prem, but in it we're small fry.

Agree the payments make us a BIG club outside the Prem, but in it we're small fry.
But he was replying to a bloke that was saying what an achievement it was to get back up…. Despite having the best squad for two years and 70m worth of parachute payments.

We had the best squad in our first year and the first\second best squad last year and 70m more than most of the league. We were not punching above our weight! That’s hilarious.

I agree with a lot of that but the club isn’t punching WELL above it’s weight other than in a historical sense .
I read the other day (can’t remember where) that AFCB are in the top 50 of the wealthiest clubs in the world. Think we’re about 49th. Hard to believe really..

I read the other day (can’t remember where) that AFCB are in the top 50 of the wealthiest clubs in the world. Think we’re about 49th. Hard to believe really..
Yes but the frame of reference for half the fan base is we once lost 4-0 to Rochdale so for god sake don’t pop their bubble.

This was the point I was making about a leader column in a Sunday paper about a lack of activity. It will have come from Parker’s camp.

Parker is finding out what some of us have been saying for awhile. The talent at this club was Eddie. He is now relying on an ex copper who got the job because he was someone’s son in law and a bloke who was Eddie’s mate. Neither to be fair to them should be in the role but they are and they had no plan for this season. I’m glad he has spoken out. I bet they both reinstigated their over inflated PL salary the day we went up.

The two best players today were Hill and Rothwell. Eddie was massively backed financially when we got promoted and Scott so far hasn't. If that's a club policy it will be because Max has decided to cut spending but if course that won't stop you banging on about Blake and Hughes.

;