Experimental

Begovic
Cook, Ake, Mings
Fraser, Surman, Hyndman, Daniels
Ibe, King, Mousset

Boruc, Smith, Gosling, Pugh, Taylor, Wilson, Defoe

4 changes. Simon Francis ill.

COWS

Begovic (gk), Fraser, Mings, S Cook, Ake, Daniels, Surman (c), Hyndman, Ibe, King, Mousset

Well, I have to say I like this lineup. In the sense that I'm very curious to see how it will work.
Hoping Hyndman takes his chance and runs with it.
Also, very happy for Mings to get a start.
And the front 3 of Ibe, King and Mousset may arguably be our most potent at the moment.
Of course, it may all be a disaster and Gosling, Pugh, and Wilson may come on at half time . . .

Good to see King in his best position.
Mousset deserves a start.
Wonderful to see Mings back.
Fraser isn't a really a wing back (although that doesn't mean he won't play well there)
Not convinced Surman is the best partner for Hyndman to show what he can do.

Still, makes it interesting and will no doubt result in plenty of summer speculation!

Looking at the lineup yo have to wonder of lineups like this are why EH was so keen on us gaining mathematical safety so soon, and being disappointed as he wanted to be blooding players on no lose situations like this afternoon

Main aim to finish above Brighton and surely Liverpool's Salah will get past a Dunk and a Bong alongside a Duffy Schellotto!

Last edited:
Its good to see Mings and Hyndman.

Somewhat worried that central midfield will get over run, together they're too lightweight and similar. That'll put pressure on the new look back 3.

However I like that front 3.

;