Callum Signs

We have one coming back from Injury.

How do you know who tried to sign him ?
Dont want to rely on Lewis coming back fully fit and firing straight away. I'd rather have the options to ease him back in. We saw how under par Callum was after his first ACL when we were desperate to get him back.

If all we have is Surman, Gosling, a late returning Lerma, and maybe Arter (?) Then I can see the pressure being on to get LC back in asap despite having had a limited pre season.

Also given our lack of wide options, we won't want to be moving Brooks centrally to cover too often.

Another CM just makes the squad maths much more straightforward. IMHO!

Are you a bit simple?
My predictions for last season were fairly good.

My predictions for the forthcoming season are yet to come....tho, I did say we would get relegated.

Await the best pre season preview...It' will be here soon

I can’t find said predictions from last pre season.

I’m sure your new year ones suggested Wilson and Ake wouldn’t be with us come the end of the year....

I look forward to this years.....

Dont want to rely on Lewis coming back fully fit and firing straight away. I'd rather have the options to ease him back in. We saw how under par Callum was after his first ACL when we were desperate to get him back.

If all we have is Surman, Gosling, a late returning Lerma, and maybe Arter (?) Then I can see the pressure being on to get LC back in asap despite having had a limited pre season.

Also given our lack of wide options, we won't want to be moving Brooks centrally to cover too often.

Gosling and Surman started last season very strong. Hopefully Lerma will be up and running and Arter is simply a bonus. I actually prefer Brooks in a central role but as you suggest would not be Eddies choice there as he gets kicked to hell. To get a midfielder up and running in front of what we have will cost a pretty penny...

Last edited:

Agree another cm is needed, we need the option to play a 3 in order to progress. Arter won’t be here and wouldn’t want to rely on Gosling and Surman as first choice anymore.

Well done Bill your the only one prepared for the time we get relegated?
I think the majority that post on here ,know one day we will take a fall, and when it happens we (if we're still on this planet! ) will be still going to D C , unlike you ,although tickets will be available will still make excuses that there are other reasons you can't make it

Firstly...I dont think its inevitable that we have that fall, only possible like other clubs.
Secondly..living down here I couldnt get a ST after the Championship ..it was impractical anyway ...due to my wife in and out of oncology at Plymouth Hospital since 2013 and I was still employed then too...i just managed 3 or 4 aways in each of the first and second PL seasons.
Up until 13/14 from 1990, I still managed to get back to Poole often and attend about 10 to 15 games a season at DC.... roughly 1000 plus games altogether home and away between 1961 and 2010 !
Why is there a ' division'. between some who attend DC now and those that are exiled but have ' done time' ...I am just as addicted to the Cherries as anyone else.

Last edited:
We have one coming back from Injury.

How do you know who tried to sign him ?
Ok...I will admit to hearing about West Ham and Everton...but only snippets of rumour in the Express paper...
and I think there was interest from Real Madrid, Napoli, Bayern, Ajax, Kilmarnock....
and Gillingham.....oh and River Plate flew a scout over from Argentina I fink !

Chuffed.
Hope there is a clause if we get relegated.
That's not a negative sentence, just a sensible one.

He could well go on to be our all time record goalscorer.
Get his place ready on the wall.

Very surprised by this, pleasantly so, but still surprised

;