Callum Signs

Cheers Roger, I obviously focused so hard on them getting reinstated I didn't realise that they did do that season in the second

They have both been relegated from the top division more times than us.
As has everyone bar Arsenal and Everton (I think)

You are correct. I think Cov only have been once? Although when you are in league two that’s probably not much comfort

The only reliable journo when it comes to us is Mark Mcaddam, he has been quite consistent in calling out these figures as garbage in the past. Remember when we offered John Terry 120k per week? These stories are all agent driven.

John Terry. No I don’t.
I agree about Mark Mcaddam though.

Jacob Steinberg, who is a West Ham fan BTW, is reporting in the Guardian just now that West Ham have failed to convince Maxi Gomez to join them from Celta Vigo. Imagine that, someone not wanting to work for the Dildo Brothers. That leaves West Ham with Hernandez (who wants to leave) and Hugill, who has never played for the first team, up front. So they must be getting desperate. Shame.

Steinberg also says that West Ham are not likely to pursue Wilson because he understands we have told West Ham we want £70 million for him.

Our last accounts showed 102 million in wages, nearly 2 mil per week, probably higher than that now. Obviously not all on players but we still must already have people on 100k per week or close to it based on that.

Re. Wilson - hopefully West Ham will see how we've played hard ball over the Mings fee and realise we're unlikely to roll over and reduce our 70 million demand for Callum (assuming there's any truth in it in the first place !)

Basically payer power.

Pay them or lose them, only problem is, medium term, let alone long term, not sustainable.

Don't begrudge the goal machine, but say for example the tv payouts have a bit of a correction, then, it all heads south imo. We are where we are as a club - on that gravy train & can't really get off, we crave success & it comes at a price; bit frightening, having to keep up with the Joneseys.

Having said that, unbelieveable 20M+ for Mings must help the balance sheet a bit.

Guardian saying today that we’re asking £70 million for Wilson ....
Crikey, you could build a new stadium for 60m and have 10m spare! It probably still wouldn't make financial sense though would it.

Our last accounts showed 102 million in wages, nearly 2 mil per week, probably higher than that now. Obviously not all on players but we still must already have people on 100k per week or close to it based on that.
Only Defoe (and Rangers will be paying a significant chunk towards that) then Begovic (£70k) the rest are, currently, £50k and below with the vast majority on c£35k and below.

I agree with you Bog Standard, we should sell him now his stock won't get any higher than it is now and he's entering his prime. £60m should be accepted we can't afford to reject it or cripple our wage structure even more. His shooting and finishing has improved but he still misses chances much more than he scores and his preference of taking it around the keeper suggest he isn't completely confident in his finishing ability. I imagine Watford have big regrets that they didn't sell Deeney when they got that £50m offer few years back.

Only Defoe (and Rangers will be paying a significant chunk towards that) then Begovic (£70k) the rest are, currently, £50k and below with the vast majority on c£35k and below.

That's what I thought before I saw the last accounts. Don't see how can that possibly add up to total wages of 102 mil though? (probably more like 110+ now).

Comments on West Ham made I chuckle...i.e ..chucking money around on 2nd rate players!
They finished above us last season...one fact...a minor one ..ok...but we at Afcb...I mean crikey ...we Never buy 2nd rate players do us?...not even Brad the lad Smith or Mint Mings or Clint Hyndman the Atlantic cruiser, Mousset ... the PL 'mole scaring ' device, the highland park Ranger Defoe, or Rider Ibe ( 0 to Joe 90 in 30 seconds..floor that accellerator pedal Jordo)...Rico ( is he turning out for Bournemouth Uni language dept 1st eleven in August?) New Slim Tomlin ( messi tribute act Once a season for anywhere with a train station...Bristol, Salford or Bayern....he dont care ! )

Gotta laugh though...some of our fans are so far up their Jcl jacksies about our transfer 'successes'...
Dont get me wrong ..I have some mad moments of judgement.. but not this one though..i predicts that Scousebuy Sol Solanke is gonna Rip it Up through 19/20, partnering Brooksy down the middle channels.. A sensational bargain unleashed... but just dont do his 'song' until after he starts producing !

The £102m wage bill apparently works out at an average of £49.5k per player per week. That’s a lot more than the figures that appear on many of the internet sites.

I guess one positive from our players earning more than we were previously led to believe is that our star players probably couldn’t “treble their salary if they move to Mahoosive Club United” as is often quoted on here.

They have both been relegated from the top division more times than us.
As has everyone bar Arsenal and Everton (I think)
No, both Arsenal and Everton have been relegated. So that means we can proudly say that AFCB is the only PL team that has NEVER been relegated from the top tier of English football.

FACT !

Woolwich Arsenal relegated in 1913.
It was always put out there that they had never been relegated.
Under the name of Arsenal, they never had.
A cheat and a cop out by one of the Big 6

;