Callum Signs

And what a gut wrenching end to the season it was .....Orient went up as champions.......we stayed up as long as Gillingham didn't get anything from their last game......away to Orient ! They won 2-1 ......if memory serves me right the game wasn't played till all other games were played.
John Bond was on the coaching staff at Gillingham at the time....and went on to take over from a sacked Freddie Cox.....and the rest is history

F#cking digusting amount of money to pay for 90 minutes actual productive(maybe) work per week.....and we still pay Defoe Kilogrand amounts for doing f#ck-all....that is an even worse scenario.
This country needs to get some morality kicked in!
F#cked if I will ever pay to enter a PL stadium again with these wages being paid to averagely talented people.. I just cant live with immorality of it...not while people do 12 hour shifts in food factories on £10 quid an hour to fill our supermarkets with essential food...No f#ck it...my minds made up...its non league only for me now..even if we get the new stadium! I will still remain a faithful Boscombe fan ..I cant get that out of my blood and head...but ive had it with this Money sh#t! .. 26 mill for Mings.....ffs....19 mill for Solanke....100 f#cking thousand pounds per WEEK ! to Callum... for 10 to 15 odd goals ...ffs !

F#cking digusting amount of money to pay for 90 minutes actual productive(maybe) work per week.....and we still pay Defoe Kilogrand amounts for doing f#ck-all....that is an even worse scenario.
This country needs to get some morality kicked in!
F#cked if I will ever pay to enter a PL stadium again with these wages being paid to averagely talented people.. I just cant live with immorality of it...not while people do 12 hour shifts in food factories on £10 quid an hour to fill our supermarkets with essential food...No f#ck it...my minds made up...its non league only for me now..even if we get the new stadium! I will still remain a faithful Boscombe fan ..I cant get that out of my blood and head...but ive had it with this Money sh#t! .. 26 mill for Mings.....ffs....19 mill for Solanke....100 f#cking thousand pounds per WEEK ! to Callum... for 10 to 15 odd goals ...ffs !
To be honest they can pay these extortionate transfer fees and pay those players what they like, so long as they're looking out for the long term welfare of our club.

If you want £70m for Wilson then you have to pay the going rate for a £70m
Player. Simple as that in modern football economics. I don’t think we are fully established in the prem yet so keeping stars like Wilson and ake key until some of the younger players get up to prem standard. However there will come a point that we need to cash in on top valuations imho

Only Defoe (and Rangers will be paying a significant chunk towards that) then Begovic (£70k) the rest are, currently, £50k and below with the vast majority on c£35k and below.
How can the "vast majority" be on 35k a week when according to the accounts, the average is 80k a week for a 25 man squad?

Even if the wage bill includes development squad etc, you're still looking at an average of 65-70k a week?

I didn't believe it when I first read it either but when you work it out, we are paying some very nice salaries, even as a Prem club goes!

EDITED - just seen that others have suggested that this includes all employees at the club. Still tho, doubt the chap in the club shop on 20k a year has much of an impact!

For a start the bloke earlier said it averaged 49.5 not the 70 that you've stated there. But when matchstick staff amounts to a few hundred people and if you want something that skews the number high then you have the board members salaries

The close season and transfer period is ideal for looking at perspectives ..
abstract as opposed to linear i.e... if we say, found that De Bruyne of MC was on £350,000 per week( its about that i believe)....and three games into the new season we knew that he was going to track and shackle our Callum for 90 minutes, but prior to the game we bumped up Callums wage to £350,000 for that one week...would Callum then up his game , wriggle past Kev and plonk in the winner.....No ..probably not because performance is not relative to amounts of money and we are unable to make it so!
Basically we should pay footballers a set wage of around £ 1,000 a week for PL...£900 for Championship, £800 for Div 1 and £ 700 for Div 2. Just an opinion...dont let your Moneyf#cked heads unscrew themselves and roll of the pier .

It's ridiculous from the club, not an ounce of common sense or foresight in any of them. We have 5 players who are better than Callum for a start. We play in a run down Homebase building which has a temporary stand. Get these parasitical staff out the club I'm sick of it, they're all reactionaries who jump on hype trains, none of them have a clue about how to run a football club, all about spectacle and making the headlines for them but the best run clubs stay out of the headlines. Prime example - Athletic Club Bilbao - a proper club, with admirable traditions and history, a proper Brexit football club who have a great academy and have a rule that all their players have to be born within a certain radius of Basque Country. A club who have top facilities and stadium and are hard to do business with but know their limits and when to sell - £180m for Laporte & Kepa. I even admire Brentford's moneyball approach got themselves a new stadium without PL money. But our approach is incompetent reckless and not sustainable unless a radical change in thinking happens. "Those who ignore the past are doomed to repeat it"

If my company was profiting off the back of my work, you can be damn sure I'd want a cut of it. Why is £100k a week as the leading goal scorer for a company with revenues of £140m unreasonable? 3.7% of the revenue for context.

;