Callum Wilson

I love Wilson, and absolutely don't want him to go, but if anyone says we shouldn't bite Chelsea's hand off at £50+m than wow... just wow...!!!

We've enough in our squad to stave off relegation, and who know's Solanke might turn out to be exceptional under Howe......

Callum fits in well with his teammates. Lives down the street from Ryan Fraser. Has a good understanding with him and others on the pitch. Does he want to go?
If not, this is really all moot as I doubt Eddie would want to sell him in the middle of what could be a record scoring year for Callum. There is also a disruption cost to making transfers in the middle of the season that has to be factored in.

He isn’t a long term item no. But it would well piss th Scummers off and he’d be a cheap stopgap between now and the end of the season.

Confidence player who on his day is pretty nifty.

New club and starting he’s score enough on a short term contract.

It’s an upgrade on Akinfenwa :)

Callum fits in well with his teammates. Lives down the street from Ryan Fraser. Has a good understanding with him and others on the pitch. Does he want to go?
If not, this is really all moot as I doubt Eddie would want to sell him in the middle of what could be a record scoring year for Callum. There is also a disruption cost to making transfers in the middle of the season that has to be factored in.

I wonder if he feels it would be too good an opportunity to turn down as sets him up for life and gives him a new challenge. Having said that after two bad knee injuries he needs to play regularly and that might not happen at Chelsea.

Like already mentioned...Callum goes missing sometimes....so do others I know.... but it needs to be said!

If he goes.....he then becomes our ex-player.....a deserved Legend of course, along with many others!
WE....focus mainly on who remains..on who scores for US!
  • Any money we receive...and it won't be £50 million surely, ...might, or more likely, might not, be wisely spent......I care little of the money aspects tbh......gems can be found without it or with humble amounts! ......Duffers can be found with it!
  • I won't be wishing him well at any other club in the PL....if it was abroad I would do... and follow his progress!
  • I think his best days will have been with us...hope he stays.

It says in today’s I that Callum “has also attracted the interest of Tottenham Hotspur, but the 26-year-old is said to favour a move to Chelsea”. THE INDEPENDENT

Now where did they get that from? More lazy journalism?

It says in today’s I that Callum “has also attracted the interest of Tottenham Hotspur, but the 26-year-old is said to favour a move to Chelsea”. THE INDEPENDENT

Now where did they get that from? More lazy journalism?

Well it seems they get most of their news from trawling these very pages, so maybe someone on Tottenham Vitals wondered whether Wilson was worth it, and someone else said he'd more likley go to Chelsea

...the Sky Sports News analyst, when questioned about the potential Wilson transfer, said "Bournemouth are a well-run club, they don't need to sell Wilson now, even for £50m". My mind is still boggling....

I've lifted Adam's quote from another thread but the Sky analyst is right, we don't need to sell Wilson.

I reckon EH could persuade Callum to stay until the summer - a sort of 'return our support of you now and we'll let you go then' deal.

His value won't go down in that time, if anything it'll probably go up, much like the wages he might get.

Standard reporting higuain’s agent in London to (probably) speak with Chelsea as his client interested in signing on loan. Juventus want a similar arrangement to current AC Milan deal where loan leads to a season end transfer. Chelsea reluctant to pay a lot for someone in their thirties though. So either good news/bad news for us re Wilson....or utter conjecture. Can’t help feel chelsea need two strikers though if Morata leaves as expected.

5 pm from SSN

CHELSEA: WHAT'S GOING ON?

There's been a lot of transfer talk surrounding Chelsea this month. If you're wondering where we stand at the moment with all their potential deals, here's the latest...
  • Maurizio Sarri is keen on signing striker Gonzalo Higuain, who wants to work with the manager he played under at Napoli. Higuain is on loan at AC Milan from Juventus and Chelsea would take over the terms of the loan if he was to move.

• It is thought Chelsea would be prepared to pay £50m for Bournemouth's Callum Wilson, but Higuain is Sarri's first choice.

• Alvaro Morata will be allowed to leave if Chelsea find a replacement. Chelsea spent £57m on Morata 18 months ago and want a guarantee of recouping their investment in any deal.

• Sarri wants Callum Hudson-Odoi to stay, while Cesc Fabregas has agreed a deal with Monaco for the summer, and wants to join this month. However, he's back training at Chelsea with the club not willing to let him leave until they find a replacement.

• Cagliari's Nicolo Barella is Sarri's choice as a replacement while another option is Leandro Paredes from Zenit St Petersburg.

Then you have this on SSN. Maybe he is not far from the mark.

Sean Dyche is baffled by "phantom" rumours of Burnley defender James Tarkowski potentially leaving for Liverpool.

“There are a lot of rumours out there, and not much fact. The most amazing one is the Tarky one. That is just bizarre.

“It’s that time of the season, and everyone is looking for a snippet, but there is a lot of phantom stuff out there.”

;