Callum Wilson

Refusing to sell may be one point but you may have to factor in the issue of the top clubs coming for our players and the players themselves may decide they want to leave to due to a higher pay packet etc. In other words our player could have their heads turned by the top clubs as was the case with Matt Ritchie.

That's true, but I was specifically talking about the fact that we don't have to sell him just because we're offered a lot of money. If Wilson starts provoking a move then sure, move him on and make that bread.

AFCB is primarily now run as a business and I am sure that the owners would want to see decent profit being made to give them return on their time and investment from the club. Selling a player for 50 million plus must be an attractive proposition for them?

Years ago we wanted a white knight to ride into town and save our club, what we actually got was someone who wanted to move the club forward in way none of us could have possibly dreamt of..including Eddie Howe and the rest.

From our humble beginnings we have grown into a leviathan of enormous stature recognised globally and given respect by most neutral football fans...but we are still small in terms of The PL and wouldn't be able to resist a big offer for anyone of our squad...

It's all very well us fans saying we don't need to sell but what happens when a player's contract runs out? Yeah, love to keep hold of CW but look what happened to Arsenal and Sanchez plus others. We are a club that cannot afford to run a contract down and miss out on a fee like this.

A quote from journalist Guillem Balague on 5live last night saying we've told Chelsea €50 million isn't enough and he won't be sold at that and it would take maybe €70 million. That's the right attitude!

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/f...on-Bournemouth-Maurizio-Sarri-Guillem-Balague

If that's true then well done to the powers that be at AFCB !!!

Whenever we try to buy a player the price keeps going up and up, so it's about time we did the same when other clubs come in for our players. As mentioned above, maybe the club have actually realised that Chelsea are desperate to sign a striker in this window out of fear of a ban in the summer window. In that case we really do have them by the short and curlies, so if Callum goes it absolutely HAS to be on our terms.

Let's bleed them dry or keep Callum for the length of his contract. We don't owe them any favours !

:utc:

Let's not forget this article is talking Euros. In todays market €70m is around £60m.. Still an astonishing amount which I think everyone would find hard to reject...

If the owners are true to their words on building something here, this money is significant enough to enable Eddie to add to the squad 'and' build the much debated training grounds... I'm sure if it was put to Eddie that this 'would' happen, he'd perhaps change his stance...

I guess it all depends on how the owners see the club to them... If it is purely a money making machine

Let's not forget this article is talking Euros. In todays market €70m is around £60m.. Still an astonishing amount which I think everyone would find hard to reject...

If the owners are true to their words on building something here, this money is significant enough to enable Eddie to add to the squad 'and' build the much debated training grounds... I'm sure if it was put to Eddie that this 'would' happen, he'd perhaps change his stance...
The article quoted 70m Pounds :
"That’s according to journalist Guillem Balague, who says Bournemouth are demanding a fee closer to £70m for their star striker."
Prefer Pounds to EUR but both fees are decent money obviously and what with Brexit and all, maybe 70m EUROS could end up being more ;)

Eddie is bound to say that CW is not for sale at any price in public. His private conversations with Max and with Callum may be different. I am sure that Eddie will want the best deal for all of club, owner and player and that Max will want to do everything he sensibly can to keep Eddie onside and happy.

I don’t want to see Callum go but I am confident we won’t be giving him away or otherwise seeing no benefit from the money.

Eddie is bound to say that CW is not for sale at any price in public. His private conversations with Max and with Callum may be different. I am sure that Eddie will want the best deal for all of club, owner and player and thatMax will want to do everything he sensibly can to keep Eddie onside and happy.

Eddie was at pains to stress the "personally I wouldn't". Clearly he realises that if the board decides it's in the best interests of their business to sell an asset, his personal preference will take second place.
If we're holding out for the best possible price it makes sense as well to convey the message that we are keen to keep him here.
Eddie will understand if the board wants to sell Callum because he will understand the reasons behind their decision. He's just saying that if it was down to him, he wouldn't want to let Callum go.

Currently I still trust the club to make the right decision after considering all possible scenarios and discussing it with Eddie. As long as Eddie is in the loop I'm sure he'll accept and understand any decision the club makes.

Personally think he's playing games to up the price. If you want him, I'll say no so you will have to pay an amount the board overrules me on.

I just don't see who we can replace him with, but I don't watch as much football as I used to.

Market rules ......... buy low, sell high. I can speak with more knowledge to North American sports, but I would say that, most of the time (not always, mind) stupid-crazy over-the-top bids don't work out for the buyers. At 50-70M, I'm going to guess that CW has more future downside than upside.

I would hate to see him go, because he is such a strong contributor. In the end, it is almost win-win for AFCB isn't it. Keep him (nothing wrong with that) or cash in on a huge windfall. Would agree with those who propose that we should aim well north of 50M.

If you are taking north of £50m, it is a no brainer to sell. Means Solanke plays more, King will be happier (needs a song though!) and brooks can go central leaving a better wide right option can be brought in.

As other says, sends a positive message that afcb is a great place for young talent to join, play in prem, get recognised for country and move on to top 6 club. Hopefully we could use some money to fund training centre to help develop talent. Doesn’t mean we are a selling club, we are a buying club that sells long term.

;