Callum Wilson

Huddersfield are desperate for a goalscorer and they let Defoe go to a nothing league in Scotland. He was surely worth the gamble.

Huddersfield are desperate for a goalscorer and they let Defoe go to a nothing league in Scotland. He was surely worth the gamble.
I don’t think they’d have got near to signing Defoe. SSN we’re showing an interview from the summer where Defoe was singing Gerrards praises, I think he had his eye on joining up with him for some time.

Defoe has gone to a club that play in front of huge crowds and have a chance of winning silverware. Not a bad thing to try and achieve in the twilight of his career. Good luck to him.

An alternative view;
He has to Go....because now.....because of all this hype...what will happen if he doesn't go....and Boscombe stay in the doldrums of lower mid - table. He will then know what could have been....any ambitions have been delayed...his form could dip and we end up flirting with the bottom three.......ok he could end up on the bench at Chelsea or somewhere...but that would be his problem!
King ,Solanke and Moussett then enter into a fresh opportunity phase which could produce fruit!
The Uncertainty of this ....might affect the performance at Everton....I certainly hope not and dread it......oh I hate this January Window thing!

Don't know wether the Chelsea manager really wants him, but if they come in with 50 mil and he wants to go, good luck to him and would love for him to be a success. Eddie would find a replacement. I would personally make King our frontman. He's done it before and proved very successful.

An alternative view;
He has to Go....because now.....because of all this hype...what will happen if he doesn't go....and Boscombe stay in the doldrums of lower mid - table. He will then know what could have been....any ambitions have been delayed...his form could dip and we end up flirting with the bottom three.......ok he could end up on the bench at Chelsea or somewhere...but that would be his problem!
King ,Solanke and Moussett then enter into a fresh opportunity phase which could produce fruit!
The Uncertainty of this ....might affect the performance at Everton....I certainly hope not and dread it......oh I hate this January Window thing!

Could see Eddie and him coming to an agreement to delay a move until the summer but Chelsea may have got their targets by then.

Alternatively, if Callum smacks in a couple of goals before ht vs Chelsea on Jan 30th he may sign for them at half time!

Would it were so, SJL. I suspect CW will still be on some lists, Hammers seem to be certain to lose Marko A for big money. But, I will be very happy to see Callum in red'n'black for some time to come.

...tbh if anyone offers 50 million or more it is a no brainer surely?

I would be more concerned if we were to lose Ake or Brooks in the summer tbh..

;