Callum Wilson

He has to go....for Any figure. Pronto!.. If he stays...after all the hype... with a fresh view that it will be in the Summer he will go along in an even lower gear to avoid injury.......the transfer talk around him and Ake could have 'f#cked it' for us on the field. EVERYTHING about this PL is about the Top Six......just listen to the Radio Stations!

Eddie says in his post match interview that he's "not entirely sure" what the situation with Wilson is and about his potential availablity next week. This injury is described as not being serious but was just enough to keep him out today. All sounds dodgy to me.

Is it dodgy ? Eddie said he subbed Wilson vs Watford as he picked up an injury but didn’t know how serious it was. Everything since has been consistent in this respect. If Eddie was keeping him back then surely wouldn’t have started him vs Watford and, having started him, would have wanted him to try to get a late fourth goal rather than subbing him?

Slightly strange situation. Wilson has looked like he was a bit off the pace in some games and of course he has just come back from a hamstring problem. However I do wonder if his mind is elsewhere with all the transfer talk. He seems a very level headed guy but you never know how this speculation can affect people.

Hopefully Eddie is not keeping Wilson out of the picture in order to fatten him for sale. Additionally, I do hope that Wilson himself does allow his head to be turned in view of the fact that he could have his wages trebled etc.

Hopefully Eddie is not keeping Wilson out of the picture in order to fatten him for sale. Additionally, I do hope that Wilson himself does allow his head to be turned in view of the fact that he could have his wages trebled etc.
I would imagine that Wilson's agent will be fully aware of what if anything is going on and Wilson will be fully informed of any interest in him regardless of what the club and Eddie wish..

If he's likely to treble his wages he should go. There's no loyalty to him on here when massive figures like £50m and £75m are bandied around so I don't know why anyone would expect loyalty from the player.

Reactions: drd
If he's likely to treble his wages he should go. There's no loyalty to him on here when massive figures like £50m and £75m are bandied around so I don't know why anyone would expect loyalty from the player.

There again if the £75m touted fee is true I think I would drive him to Chelsea myself.

I’ve seen it reported that Callum is our 2nd highest earner (after Defoe) on 60k a week. Talk of anyone trebling his salary (if 60k is correct) is not realistic.

Looking at the list of Chelsea salaries, I’d expect them to offer 100k. The other mentioned club is Spurs. Their highest earner is Kane on 100k. Considering Alli is “only” on 50k he might not even get a pay rise at all!

What I’m saying is I think people overestimate the financial motives for a player leaving. If Callum moves on, it will be due to the prestige of playing for a bigger club and the ambition to play alongside world class players. And there’s nothing wrong with that!

You're bang on the money there. His new contract this summer (early season) put him on parity with Defoe. Although Defoe earns more due to his signing on fee being spread over course of contract. Chelsea won't pay 6 figures, and whilst a 50% increase would be nice, I'm not sure it worth getting splinters for

You're bang on the money there. His new contract this summer (early season) put him on parity with Defoe. Although Defoe earns more due to his signing on fee being spread over course of contract. Chelsea won't pay 6 figures, and whilst a 50% increase would be nice, I'm not sure it worth getting splinters for

Why wouldn't Chelsea pay six figures? They wouldn't spend £50m+ if they didn't highly rate him.

I'm not saying it's impossible, just that double wages puts him on parity with Giroud, despite Giroud not having impressed, when they offered him 120k they thought he was going to

;