Callum Wilson

I think 50m is a normal valuation though, don't see the threatened transfer ban premium being paid at that price. In which case we might as well keep him until the Summer, have our best season ever and sell him for 50m or more in the Summer to whoever else comes in for him.

Pretty much 27 years old, poor injury record, half a decent season in the PL and some promising moments before injury. £50m includes the premium in my book.

With our current record against the top six I would not be too hopeful.

What is worrying me now is that we have to play Chelsea at home of which will probably end is a loss, in all fairness. Then we have to travel to Cardiff three days later when fatique may well set in.

Cardiff is a game where we simply cannot afford to lose after the Chelsea game.

To keep posting this pointless shít, that you know will make the majority angry - you must really get off on people slagging you off.
Serious question - have you ever considered that you may have a serious psychological problem that needs addressing?
Maybe you should go to your doctor and mention Histrionic Personality Disorder.

Pretty much 27 years old, poor injury record, half a decent season in the PL and some promising moments before injury. £50m includes the premium in my book.
Not enough in my book. Anybody else would have to pay that for him in the Summer if he keeps going as he has been doing. If they want to mess with our season by poaching him in this window, we should be expecting way above market value. I would be annoyed if we sold him at that price.

with a 15% sell on... I'm not so sure it will

I know there has been chatter on social media about it, but I haven’t seen any evidence to suggest that Coventry City have anything like a 15% sell on clause. There is certainly nothing in the parent company’s accounts to suggest they have any expectation of significant sell on income.

They got peanuts for our promotion to the PL and for CW’s England cap and, at the time they sold him to us, were desperate for cash. I doubt they bargained hard for a sell on clause in lieu of a higher selling price.

Chelsea were severely off form at the time, you can check. However, it was a fine victory all the same and was not expected.

Ever thought that we might get some victories because we have a good team, a great manager and wonderful supporters who want their team to win?

What next? The rise from -17 to the Prem was because there were 71 other teams who were all off-form when we played them?

Not enough in my book. Anybody else would have to pay that for him in the Summer if he keeps going as he has been doing. If they want to mess with our season by poaching him in this window, we should be expecting way above market value. I would be annoyed if we sold him at that price.

Obviously we can argue about this and neither of us can prove anything until he's sold but the age thing is massive. The article is from a year ago but look at the drop off as 30 approaches. Plus you need to be proven to get those figures and preferably have a clean injury record. These are in a different league to Wilson by anybody's standards.

https://www.football365.com/news/age-concern-who-is-the-record-signing-for-every-year

Obviously we can argue about this and neither of us can prove anything until he's sold but the age thing is massive. The article is from a year ago but look at the drop off as 30 approaches. Plus you need to be proven to get those figures and preferably have a clean injury record. These are in a different league to Wilson by anybody's standards.

https://www.football365.com/news/age-concern-who-is-the-record-signing-for-every-year
Agreed SDD. We can all argue about valuations and our valuations don't mean a thing either way. All I would say is that the world has gone mad lately and 50m for a proven PL goalscorer seems like a NORMAL valuation to me. If we have Chelsea over a barrel on this one, I would like to see us get significantly more. But whatever we get, if we sell him, we will never know the real price. There will be the famous add-ons and performance clauses etc. etc. so the final price will remain a mystery.

All I really hope is that the club are shrewd in making their decision and that for once we don't allow ourselves to be bullied by a bigger club. He's a valuable player, he is in contract, we don't have to sell him. I would like the deal to reflect that. The only way we will ever be taken seriously is if we stand up for ourselves !

Let's wait and see what happens and then we can all dive into whether or not we think it was a good deal :)

Agreed SDD. We can all argue about valuations and our valuations don't mean a thing either way. All I would say is that the world has gone mad lately and 50m for a proven PL goalscorer seems like a NORMAL valuation to me. If we have Chelsea over a barrel on this one, I would like to see us get significantly more. But whatever we get, if we sell him, we will never know the real price. There will be the famous add-ons and performance clauses etc. etc. so the final price will remain a mystery.

All I really hope is that the club are shrewd in making their decision and that for once we don't allow ourselves to be bullied by a bigger club. He's a valuable player, he is in contract, we don't have to sell him. I would like the deal to reflect that. The only way we will ever be taken seriously is if we stand up for ourselves !

Let's wait and see what happens and then we can all dive into whether or not we think it was a good deal :)

Agreed we'll never know and even if we did it's just big numbers that will make little real difference to us as supporters.

I'd also like to see him stay, but if he does go hopefully we'll get decent money and Solanke and King form the greatest partnership the top flight has ever seen. :utc:

To keep posting this pointless shít, that you know will make the majority angry - you must really get off on people slagging you off.
Serious question - have you ever considered that you may have a serious psychological problem that needs addressing?
Exactly. It takes you 48 hours to get through all the pleasure and positivity the rest of us have been enjoying - and you're noticeably absent from - before you're back with "What is worrying me now...". Sums you up.

"Cardiff is a game where we simply cannot afford to lose" - more attention seeking drivel which as Gary says I can only imagine makes you feel better.

Get some help - seriously.

Chelsea v Sheffield Wed 6.30pm Sun
(73.5 hour gap)
Bournemouth V Chelsea 8.00pm Wed
(70.5 hour gap)
Cardiff V Bournemouth 5.30pm Sat

3 hours less rest. Not enough to get all emotional about is it. #facts

Chelsea are not likely to filed their first eleven against Sheffield Wednesday. Their first 11 will be fresher against us than we will against Cardiff.

Im sure his doctor will really appreciate that!

Im sure his doctor will really appreciate that!

The reasomn

The probable reason why people get angry is because there is a danger that I may have a valid point.

Playing two games close together will cause fatique. It also increases the risk of injury. We have a small squadof whom will be expected to play both games unlike Chelsea who can roatate over their games against Sheff Wed and ourselves.

A valid point I believe.

The reasomn

The probable reason why people get angry is because there is a danger that I may have a valid point.

Playing two games close together will cause fatique. It also increases the risk of injury. We have a small squadof whom will be expected to play both games unlike Chelsea who can roatate over their games against Sheff Wed and ourselves.

A valid point I believe.

You don’t make any valid points, only negative rubbish that more and more ignore every day, when you’re wrong you think you are right.

We aren’t going to get relegated so I’m really not sure of your agenda. We lose to Chelsea and Cardiff so what?

;